View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
“There is a solution. Almost none of us liked the self-searching, the leveling of our pride, the confession of shortcomings which the process requires for its successful consummation. But we saw that it really worked in others, and we had come to believe in the hopelessness and futility of life as we had been living it. When, therefore, we were approached by those in whom the problem had been solved, there was nothing left for us but to pick up the simple kit of spiritual tools laid at our feet. We have found much of heaven and we have been rocketed into a fourth dimension of existence of which we had not even dreamed.”
Alcoholics Anonymous. Page 25.

What exactly is meant by the term 'spiritual tool kit' ?

Many people say that recovery didn't work for them. So seldom they are not willing to work for it. We may recover, but our disease is always there waiting for us get complacent, to forget and give it a crack into which to slip through.

I am restored from that hopeless state of mind and body but I will always be an alcoholic, codependent, an addict and these tools give me daily reprieve. It is my belief that I don't have to act out in my disease today if I pick up one of the tools of recovery. Some days, it takes more than one. It is nice to know I am allowed as many as I need.

This was done for AA but I feel it works for any 12 Step Program.

Perhaps members can add a few more that work for you, if and when you think of them.

Both the frog (getting clean) and the lights (what I call the Fellowship of the Spirit) are tools that worked for me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote