View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 2

WEALTHY WITH LOVE

"No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love." 1 Corinthians 13:3 (The Message)

"For the first time, he lived in conscious companionship with his Creator." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 56

For what it's worth: I was nothing without love, and the fear of being unlovable and unable to love nurtured my alcoholism for many desperate years. To a large degree this was valid as long as I drank. Once I stopped drinking in Alcoholics Anonymous, however, this fear continued to nag at me until I came to believe that a power greater than myself could make me lovable and capable of loving. This growth grew as I lived the Twelve Steps. I started to love myself as did the people in Alcoholics Anonymous. Even more importantly, they led me to believe in a loving God. As I stay sober and live the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous one day at a time, I become wealthy with the ability to love and be loved. Trusting that I am loved by my Heavenly Father and seeking a "conscious companionship" with Him is a priceless treasure I would have denied myself had I continued drinking.

God bless you,
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: