View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 7

NOT WORTH THE RISK

"Godly sadness causes us to turn away from our sins and be saved." 2 Corinthians 7:10 (New International Reader's Version)

"We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 83

For what it's worth: Much of my past is painful because of character defects running wild under the influence of alcohol. Thanks to the grace of God, my past is not who I am now, but it is what drove me to recovery. Sobriety and the spiritual therapy of Alcoholics Anonymous have quieted the shame, but sorrow remains. If I could travel back through time and correct all of my mistakes, would I do so? Where would be my motivation for sobriety and change? Would my relationship with my Heavenly Father be lost? It is not worth the risk.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: