View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 11

HE ALWAYS PROVIDES

"Your attitude must be like my own, for I, the Messiah, did not come to be served, but to serve and to give my life." Matthew 20:28 (LB)

"Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 77

For what it's worth: As an active alcoholic my primary purpose was to drink. I cared nothing about service to God or His people. Of course, to survive alcoholism I had to change my purpose and my attitude. With sober time and the grace of God, Alcoholics Anonymous did both. Today, I ask God's help to do His will and to demonstrate a caring attitude toward all His children (including me) that He places in my life this day, especially suffering alcoholics. When I keep my self-centered will out of his way, He always provides, not for my glory, but His.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: