View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 12

HIS AMAZING LOVE

"Cultivate your own relationship with God, but don't impose it on others." Romans 14:22 (The Message)

"We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 59

For what it's worth: I wanted no relationship with God while I was drinking, and I believed the feeling was mutual. I blamed Him for my misery. Sober in Alcoholics Anonymous I learned I needed a conscious contact with God. This frightened me because I had cursed God and hurt many of his children. But, if I were to survive the hell of alcoholism and eternal misery, I had to try, so I made my Third Step decision. God welcomed me with open arms, and together we started on a spiritual journey, daily bringing me closer to Him and allowing me to learn to trust His love. I share my experiences and my understanding of God's deep and unconditional love, but He does not want me to "impose it on others". As with me, when they knock, He will open the door for them and introduce them to His amazing love.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote