View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 13

THE KINGS OF GIVING

“Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into the bosom. For, with the measure you deal out, it will be measured back to you." Luke 6:38

“Giving, rather than getting, will become the guiding principle.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 128

For what it’s worth: The hard core selfishness of my alcoholism would not allow any desire to give, only to get. The moment I entered Alcoholics Anonymous and stopped drinking, the example of members began teaching me our “guiding principle” of giving. They insisted this was not a suggestion, but a must, if I were to live a sober and happy life. My favorite bunch of tricky drunks led the way, carrying me to numerous institutional meetings and on Twelve Step calls. They were the Kings of giving, and freely gave to me.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote