View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default My deepest desire is to know God

Desire
My deepest desire is to know God.

Anew pair of shoes, a new job, or even a passionate relationship may capture my attention for a time. I may consider these the objects of my desire for a while and even revel in them, but there is a longing within me that cannot be satisfied by anything in the outer world.

My deepest desire is to know God. I experience God in meditation, in nature, and in the loving embrace of others. God’s presence is found in the fluidity of the present moment. When I focus on the experience of God, I am one with everything—other *people, nature, the sun and stars. I am as ancient as the Universe and as new as the dawn. My desire to know God leads me to oneness, and I am at peace.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire other than you.—Psalm 73:25

Daily Word
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links