View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 31

A DAILY REPRIEVE
“…The A. A. way of life is a blessing and a privilege beyond estimate.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 451
“They will receive the Lord’s blessing and have right standing with God their savior.” Psalm 24:5
For what its worth: My slavery to alcohol allowed no blessings, only curses - no privileges, only punishment. I nearly died, beaten to death by the slave master, alcoholism. Instead, thanks to Alcoholics Anonymous and a Higher Power, the chains are broken for today, and I am free to live a sober and joyful life. Even more wondrous, I may be used to help free some other slave. So, today, instead of dying a worthless drunk, I am living a blessed life as a messenger of the Good Lord. And, all I have to do is maintain my spiritual condition - not only a gift from my Heavenly Father, but He helps me with it each day. So, this morning, with His help, I am off to a good start on my daily reprieve.
God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: