Thread: The Daily Walk
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Daily Walk Part 30 - Emotions

by Gail Rodgers
Susan felt like a rag doll ...tossed about by a variety of emotions. One minute she was up and the next minute she was down and frustrated. A Bible verse caught her attention that made her think about what was happening.

“Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God”. Romans 8:14
She realized that as a believer she had been allowing her emotions to drag her around rather than allowing the Spirit of God to lead her through her days.
But just how does one practically apply steps so as not to be caught on an emotional roller-coaster? Pay attention to what is going on in your heart and mind. Acknowledge your emotions. Look at the circumstances or the reasons causing your emotion.
If there is something you can physically do to help your situation then ask for God’s help and do it. If there is nothing you can actually do about your situation, tell God you will trust Him to be your strength and your supplier. Ask Him to give you peace in your heart and direction in your steps. Every weakness you have is an opportunity for God to show His strength in your life.
Today let your emotions be a guide, or a tool, to push you back to your God and His strength in your times of weakness. Catch the downward spiral before you get caught in it. Ask His Spirit to guide you to solutions, to wisdom, to insight, help and strength.
If you are at the bottom of the spiral, tell God you need His help to get up. Ask for His strength to fill your weakness. If you need to talk to a trusted friend to find help and counsel in the journey, then make that call for help.
God wants His children to be led by His Spirit, not dragged by their emotions.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I thank you that You are there to help me in every step I take throughout this day. I offer my emotions to You and I ask for Your help in managing them and in seeing them as a tool to help me understand what is going on in my heart. I declare that I want to be led by Your Holy Spirit and not tossed about by emotion. Give me understanding and your help as I keep my heart and mind guarded today.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote