View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 08:21 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 22

Wisdom for Today

Strength comes to us through the fellowship. Simply being with so many other addicts and alcoholics who are making it brings me a sense of security. I remember suddenly feeling like I was not trying to do this thing called recovery – alone. As I would listen to speakers at open meetings, I would hear things I could relate to. It gave me a sense that I was not unique. Others just like me found the way. At closed meetings I would hear about everyday struggles and triumphs; but more importantly I witnessed recovery in action. Simply seeing others making it one day at a time gave me a sense of hope.

I began to get a sense of strength and hope as I had others come to me after meetings to share their genuine concerns about what was going on in my life. I also had others that would share with me that something I had said helped them. I was given permission to seek and find the answers that were right for me. I could choose a Higher Power that worked for me. I really began to get a sense that by talking with and listening to others I was becoming stronger. The hours became days, and the days became weeks. The 24-hours started to add up. Do I recognize that there is strength in being an active part of the fellowship?

Meditations for the Heart

As ancient armies marched into battle, the drummers would bang on their drums. The trumpeters would blast from their horns, and the soldiers would scream their battle cry. This provided a sense of unity and purpose - to gain victory over the oppressor. In recovery we need to have a battle cry as well. Mine has become, “God is with me, and He has all power.” I have repeated these words often to myself in my battle with addiction. Even after I won a battle by establishing abstinence, I still scream out my battle cry as I struggle with character defects, or making amends or simply to strengthen my faith. I bang the drum when I talk openly about the steps and, “How It Works.” I blast the trumpet each time I can say to others, “It works.” The war is not over, and I am sure there will be other battles to fight, but I know all I need to do is be the best soldier I can be.” Am I being a good soldier in the army of those fighting for recovery?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Today, I know that my strength will be renewed over and over again. As I interact with You as my Higher Power, and as I interact with the other soldiers who battle for recovery, keep me strong in the unity and purpose of the fellowship. Let me rely on the battle cry as my energy for ultimate victory.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: