Thread: HOW IT WORKS!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

H.O.W. still works in my life today. It is a one day at a time program and each day I must find the courage and strength to be honest, open-minded, and willing to face each day as it comes.

I can't base my todays on my past. That was then, this is now, and if I am working a program of recovery, I have the tools to work with to stay clean and sober in today. That isn't just physical, it means mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

It doesn't matter what substance it is that is standing between me and God, it is but a symptom of my dis-ease, the problem has always been me. My sponsor told me to change problems to challenges. Problems you can stay stuck in, challenges you can overcome. To help me with the challenges in my life, I use the 12 Steps, Traditions, and Concepts to make for a better way of life, to the best of my ability each day. I read the literature, go to recovery sites, and I try to share my experience, strength, and hope with others. As I have said many times, "It doesn't matter which room you put me in, I can identify." I learned to identify instead of comparing. I compared and stayed sick.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote