View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, December 2, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

When one is a stranger to oneself, then one is estranged from others, too.
—Anne Morrow Lindbergh

There's a person inside each of us just itching to be known and loved. But if we don't get to know and love that person, how can we expect anyone else to know us?

That's why it's so important to spend time alone getting acquainted with ourselves. And how do we do that? We can sit quietly with ourselves, thinking and listening. Then we can write our thoughts in a journal, or we can draw or paint them. If we play a musical instrument, we can put our thoughts and feelings into music.

When we make the time and effort to know ourselves, it encourages others to want to know us, too. Since everything we do and feel begins inside us, we must feel good about ourselves in order to feel good about anything else. What wonders we are, that we have all the power we need to make our world a happy one!

How do I feel about myself today?
Not too happy with myself today, feeling the effects of yesterday. My ears are ringing, my muscles and my head are aching and my stomach is upset. Sounds like a hang over. I had to do what I had to do yesterday, but then I had to compound it all by doing more. Yet I know that even in the doing, it is about how I do and how I go about doing. There is a way about doing that is good for me and a way that is harmful in the long run, which is perfectly normal for others. The mind is willing but the body is weak and it always wants to catch up. It always thinks it should do more and has trouble finding acceptance and that it can't always do what it use to or what it wants to do. The mind says yes, the body says no, and I end up being at war with myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote