View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 03:44 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thursday, December 4, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

They were the first . . . self-created people in the history of the world. And their manners were their own business. And so were their politics. And so, but ten times so, were their souls.
—Archibald MacLeish

There once was a child named Yemaya. Even before she could walk or talk, her mother introduced her to the trees. Yemaya touched them and they accepted her. They told her she was wonderful and she knew it was true.

As she grew up, Yemaya occasionally met people who said unkind things to her. When this happened, she went back to her trees, who continued to tell her she was just fine. She couldn't understand what was wrong with those who were mean to her. Whenever they appeared and insisted on being mean, she pretended what they said was an arrow that sailed right by as she stepped out of the way.

We can do the same. What others say or think is part of them and their lives, not ours. When we are wise enough to let go of things that don't belong to us, we will find our own treasures.

What can I step out of the way of today?
We can not take on what is not ours. A lot of things are directed at us, yet that doesn't mean it is ours to own. Just because it is someone else's opinion or thoughts, that doesn't mean they are good for us. Thoughts can be a prayer, so be careful what you put out there, you may get it back. I try not to think, "Return to sender" and just return the negative energy back to the Universe. It is all energy, it might be well intentioned, it just isn't always good for me in the moment. The motive may be good on their part, and so many people pray and ask that people be given specific things, when in fact, it just might not be according to my God's Plan in today.

Sometimes we have to go through things and to deviate, would be a lesson unlearned. Other times, a lesson learned is a pain lessened. Sometimes I think I remember better if there is a little pain attached to the lesson, because I may be inclined to forget if it was too easy. Mind you a lesson without pain is a great gift, and something that I always try to remember to say thank you for.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote