Quote:
Thought for the Day

Thursday, APRIL 19

From the book: Today's Gift

Inch by inch, row by row

Someone bless these seeds I sow...

'Til the rain comes tumblin' down.

—David Mallett

We plant a garden with faith, never knowing exactly what the harvest will bring. We attend to those aspects of gardening, which we have some control over, planting good seeds in rich soil, in straight rows, the right distance apart. We weed and fertilize, and we tie up our tomato plants.

We may pray for rain, but we never know if we'll get too much or too little. We can't control the wind or rabbits or bugs or the strongest strains of weeds. Yet most of us don't let these things keep us from planting.

With this same sort of faith we can tend to ourselves. Though we don't know what each day will bring, we can plant the seeds in ourselves to meet most anything. We can rise each morning determined to give what we have. We can't plant the seeds for others, and we can't keep the storms from coming. The beauty is, we don't have to.

What seeds of joy can I plant today?
I was told to sew my seeds in good soil and not waste my tim on ground that won't grow. I often take exception to that because we find a patch that doesn't come up to snuff, we bring in things to help it, then we ccan sew those seeds and hopefully the will take root. To be those are the special seeds, which bring joy to me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote