View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
When I came through the doors of recovery, I wasn't too sure I was glad to be alive. For several long weeks it had been stop the world, I want to get off.

It talks about being human, and I didn't feel very human or humane. When you live in a room in the YWCA there are not too many places around that look much better than here, when all the places are the same, except maybe neater or with more stuff. Which is what life is all about, we look a the surface and look at what we don't have rather than what we do have.

Welcome to the journey of recovery.
These were posted on another site, may have been on the old one that crashed.

The last few weeks have been very stressful and very tiring, which triggered my Fibromyalgia. Much need for prayer, acceptance, patience, tolerance, and just living in the moment. So many things changed, got postponed, was late or forgotten, and it was all part of life, and ever so grateful to have the program and the tools to deal with it. For me, it is the difference between being sober and having sobriety. I can get on the "Oh Woe is me" train, sit on the Pity Pot, or just recognize that it is life, and my God will see me through it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote