View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you both for your shares. I once heard, if you were using when you met your partner, your life was set on different principles.

Perhaps when you get some time into the program and he sees that you are serious, maybe he will go to an open meeting and see where you are coming from.

Sometimes I found that others didn't want to accept your disease, because that would mean they might have to look at themselves. It can be their own denial, often we have other addictions that lead to our drinking or our drinking took us to another addiction. Food is a big one, and another one is gambling.

I found I had to focus on my own recovery, without me I have nothing. They don't like the attention taken from them and the time needed to go to meetings, meet and talk with your sponsor, and take time to do step work.

A girl who called herself my unofficially adopted daughter and my son, both said they could no longer identify with me when I got sober. They both had their own addiction and they didn't have me to enable them. Can you believe it? She said, "No!"

Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote