View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 05:59 AM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, December 13, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Accepting Emptiness

There will always be times when we feel empty physically empty, emotionally empty, and spiritually empty. Before we found our Higher Power, these periods of emptiness terrified us, and we had to try to fill ourselves up with something, whether it was food, noise, other people, work, or something else.

We probably still do not like to feel empty, and yet, through the OA program, we are learning that emptiness can be a good thing. When we are empty of the refined sugars and carbohydrates, which poisoned us, we are full of energy. When we are empty of anger and resentment, we have room for positive feelings of love, joy, and peace. When we are empty of pride and egotism, God can fill us with His power.

Our Higher Power is not ours to command. There is no way that we can receive instant consolation and gratification. By accepting our periods of emptiness, however, we open ourselves to growth and to the spirit that fills us according to His purposes.

May I be empty of self so that I may be filled with You.
It is good to recognize the difference between empty and hunger. Being content and whole instead of looking for something to fill us up.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote