Old 07-05-2014, 05:55 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, July 5, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

In uplifting, get underneath.
—George Ade

A sandpile in the summer is deceiving. The topmost sand burns hot on our feet. But as we push down toward the center, we come to a damp, cool place that soothes and oozes between our toes.

The nature of most things is not revealed at the surface. Like the sandpile, many people and situations we encounter are, on the surface, downright uncomfortable. The reward is in digging deeper-to the essential goodness, the core or meaning, the true friend. It takes time, a little knowledge, and abundant trust that we will not be burned.

What have I discovered by digging a little lately?
That I needed an attitude adjustment. I was giving up and not caring what happens to me. Seemed like there was so much wrong, including my thinking, that there wasn`t much of me visible and it was all about what is going to happen next. Needed to affirm my faith and trust, and know that my God is in charge. If He brings me to it, He will see me through it, no matter what it is.

I was sharing with my son on the phone yesterday and told him what was happening, and he said, ``...and then there is me. `` I said, `There is always you.` I love him. I just don`t like his choices. I am powerless over him and his actions and all I can do is pray and leave him in HIS God`s Hands.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote