Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - May

May 1

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Psalms 17:6 (NLT) I am praying to You because I know You will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray.

Thought: Don't stop believing. Your answer will come.

The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, – Ephesians 3:16

Exodus 23:25 Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2018, 07:00 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

"It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22

2 Samuel 22:31 "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him."

Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress. – Isaiah 33:2

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us — whatever we ask — we know that we have what we asked of him. —1 John 5:14-15

Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress. – Isaiah 33:2
Old 05-03-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Galatians 5:22

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. John 16:24

Matthew 6:25-26 – Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Jeremiah 29:11 – "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 5:3 – In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. — James 4:7–8

Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul. — Psalm 143:8

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. — Philippians 4:6-7

I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, – Psalm 16:8-9

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. —Romans 12:12
Old 05-04-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Genesis 1:1

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Proverbs 21:21 (NLT) Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor.

Micah 5:4 – He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And he will be their peace.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. – 2 Corinthians 3:17

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest” (Matt. 11:28)

“My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:19)

The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. —2 Chronicles 7:14
Old 05-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life." ~~ Psalm 23:6

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. — 2 Timothy 1:7

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” - 1 John 1:9

Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 6:18

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. —Philippians 4:6-7

Colossians 3:15-17 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 6

1 John 4:21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6

But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners. Matthew 9:13

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:1-5

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. —James 5:16

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Acts 2:21
Old 05-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 7

Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

Matthew 10:8b (NLT) Give as freely as you have received!

Thought: What have you received from the Lord that can be given to bless others?

1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him [God] because he cares for you.

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. —1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife. — Proverbs 17:1

Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:26 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Psalm 62:6 - "He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken."

Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things, there is no law.

Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:14

38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. John 7:38

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. – Psalm 145:8

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psalms 33:4

Isaiah 26:12 LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:02 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 9

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Psalms 38:9 (NLT) You know what I long for, Lord; you hear my every sigh.

Thought: God has compassion for us.

We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. 1 John 4:13-15

1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:1-2
Old 05-10-2018, 02:25 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 10

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

"I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations." Psalms 89:1

Numbers 6:24-26 “‘“The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; 26 the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’

"For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." Psalms 100:5

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. Psalm 95:6

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. - Ephesians 6:18

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. —2 Peter 3:9

"For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God." Psalms 38:15
Old 05-11-2018, 07:43 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 11

Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”— Mark 9:23

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,giving thanks to God the Father through him. Col. 3:17

And all of us . . . can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more. 2 Corinthians 3:18

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Romans 12:10

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Psalm 5:11 – But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,giving thanks to God the Father through him. Col. 3:17

When others are happy, he happy with them. If they are sad, share their sorrow. Romans 12:15

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6:14-16

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. —Ephesians 4:32

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:20 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

"I will praise thee, O LORD, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations." Psalms 108:3

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. -- Psalm 51:10-12

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:9

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. John 6:33-35

“Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy. Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them.” Psalm 126:5-6

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:23 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 13

Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. —Proverbs 31:30

"I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." Psalms 16:8

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. — Romans 15:13

Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy. — Psalm 126:5

Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:2

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. — Proverbs 16:24

Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 14

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37

Psalms 111:7 (NLT) All He does is just and good, and all His commandments are trustworthy.

Thought: God is for you, not against you.

Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.

Amos 5:14 – Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. — Philippians 3:12-14

“I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.” Isaiah 44:22

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. – 1 Corinthians 15:58

Jeremiah 29:10-13: "'I will come to you and fulfill My gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart.'"

23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
Old 05-15-2018, 07:23 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 15

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26

Colossians 3:16a (NLT) Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives.

"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10a NKJV)

Love the Lord your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always. Deuteronomy 11:1
Post New ThreadReply