Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
zackdude

Thank you for your insight. What gets me in that state at work is life. I work 11pm 730am. I help care for my girlfriend's 2yr old, have probation, meetings, group for probation and life during the day. My shift is my shift. I have tried to change it at work but to no avail. I was in federal prison for six years for bank robbery. I have a lot of people to keep happy. I can't work in my old profession and frankly can't afford to lose my job and keep being turned down for anything better. I also have a child on the way and try to make the appointments associated with that it is a high risk pregnancy my gf is 40. Some days I'm lucky to get 3hrs of sleep. Two times that night I caught myself 40ft in the air not hooked up to my harness. I didn't even think twice when it was offered I just took it. Relapse wasn't on my mind falling and not killing myself was. It did make me feel a bit jittery and I couldn't sleep much after I got home. That is what brought up the guilt. I go mostly to na in my area and it seems to be a giant gossip fest, fashion show, and clicks. I go to AA sometimes and it's totally different but my issues were mainly opiates and so I have a hard time getting people to relate to me there. When I felt the way it made me feel I felt terrible. I still do. I don't have a sponsor I can't get the guy to call me back. He used me when I got out for work treated me like **** and had a child molester working for him and living with him and I called him on the ****. I told him if I saw the guy around kids at anybody's home I would tell them and the sheriff's office. I had that stuff happen to me and I wasn't going to sit by silent. Since then life hasn't stopped happening. My gf got pregnant we went through hell about that. I have a very hard time trusting anybody. I have a lot people don't know. And when I have told people I've been judged. I'm a convicted bank robber 6 time felon really on his last chance. I always tell my girl I'm not going back and I mean it. It's not a reservation it's just the truth. Suicide by cop is better than the places I have been. With all that out of the way there was no I'll intent when I took it just to wake up. But I did not like that I did like the way it made me feel.
zackdude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zackdude For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply