Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

THE GROUP TENTH STEP
INTO ACTION~CHAPTER 6

Taken from the Big Book of AA and the book "Big Book Awakening"
Adapted by author from considerations for a personal 10th Step in his book
"Big Book Awakening" http://BigBookAwakening.Com

Quoted from the pamphlet "The AA Group"
"Groups interested in taking regular inventory will find a review of the Tenth Step helpful."

Read the Big Book one paragraph at a time from pg.84 through pg.85 and consider the following questions which have been compiled from the Big Book and A.A. shared experience, taking notes of considerations for later discussion.

pg.84-paragraph 2-line 2
How have I focused on or blamed others in the group rather than to continue to take personal inventory of my own conduct? Have I failed to set right any of my own mistakes as I’ve gone along?

pg.84-paragraph 2-line 5
Have I entered the world of the Spirit, the ability to go to that place within and bring that out into the group?

pg.84-paragraph 2-line 6
How have I lacked understanding and effectiveness in my group?

pg.84-paragraph 2-line 8
How have I exhibited selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear in my group? And When these crop up, have I ignored them and just stayed in self instead of discussing them with someone immediately and not made amends even if I have harmed anyone? Have I focused my thoughts only on myself and how I can meet my own needs?

pg.84-paragraph 2-line 14
How have I been unloving and intolerant towards others in my group and not made Love and tolerance of others my code?

pg.84-paragraph 3-line 1
How have I personally continued fighting anything or anyone in the group?

pg.85-paragraph 1-line 1
How have I personally let up on my spiritual program of action and rested on my laurels, believing that what has been achieved or accomplished in the group is enough or all there is?

pg.85-paragraph 1-line 4
Have I failed to seek growth and maintenance of my spiritual condition? How has that effected my group?

pg.85-paragraph 1-line 6
How have my thoughts or actions been self serving rather than trying to carry the vision of God’s will into all of my groups activities, “How can I best serve Me?"

pg.85-paragraph 2-line 4
Have I personally sensed the flow of God’s Spirit in the group and To some extent have I become God-conscious. Receiving strength, inspiration, and direction from God through the goup?

pg.85-paragraph 2-line 7 and pg.85-paragraph 3-line 1
To grow in understanding and effectiveness we must go further and that means more action. In prayer and meditation consider what thoughts have come and what actions may be taken to move the group beyond where it is today?

Final discussion on inventory:

This next part of the process is comparable to Steps 5&6, acknowledging out loud the things we found objectionable in our inventory, the defects we have found (5), and becoming ready to bring everything to God as manifested through our group conscious (6). Experience has shown that failure to follow through with this at a group level is comparable to not doing Step 6&7.

We will now discuss each item we've listed from our inventory. Remember, this is about discussion, no motions will be made at this time. Following discussion on each item we will vote whether or not it's necessary to bring it to our regular business meetings (group conscious) for further consideration. If there are a lot of things on our list we can vote by show of hands on their importance and bring them to the group - most important first.

In closing the inventory:
Is there any Secretaries announcements?...
Thank you all for your participating in the group inventory.
Let's close with the Seventh Step Prayer..."My Creator, I am now willing ..."
http://www.thejaywalker.com/pages/grouptenth.html

*You can also download a printable .pdf version of this group inventory at that link above.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply