Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2023, 03:27 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 29

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

God is with us in all circumstances, guiding our way. We can depend on God leading us with love and care.

God gives to us so we can give to others.

As children of God, we may frequently find ourselves feeling lost and disoriented. In a sea of confusion, how good it is to know that God is vigilant and nearby! God knows how we feel and what we are facing. And God, our protector, loves us and watches over us.

Allowing God to influence us will transform our lives.

We should seek to please God not only in our giving but also in fulfilling God’s purposes in all we do.

We can bring our anger to God, He’s big enough to handle it lovingly.

Though people follow certain rules, God is not constrained by our traditions and expectations.

Effective Immediately
Effective immediately, please be aware that there are changes you need to make in your life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may fulfill my promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this life.
1. QUIT WORRYING. Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here to take all our burdens and carry them for you? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?
2. PUT IT ON THE LIST. Something needs done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY to-do list. Let ME be the one to take care of the problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to me. And although my to-do list is long, I am, after all, God. I can take care of anything you put into my hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known I take care of a lot of things that you never even realize.
3. TRUST ME. Once you've given your burdens to me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on my list. Problem with finances? Put it on my list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For my sake, put it on my list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.
4. LEAVE IT ALONE. Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back, you will be right back where you started? Leave them with me and forget about them. Just let me do my job.
5.TALK TO ME. I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy. Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But there's one thing I pray you never forget. Please don't forget to talk to me OFTEN! I love you. I want to hear your voice. I want you to include me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a conversation with me. I want to be your dearest friend.
6. HAVE FAITH. I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you are. Have faith in me that I know what I'm doing. Trust me, you wouldn't want the view from my eyes. I will continue to care for you, watch over you, and meet your needs. You only have to trust me. Although I have a much bigger task than you, it seems as if you have so much trouble just doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?
7.SHARE. You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did you forget? That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement. Share your laughter with those who haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with those who have none.
8. BE PATIENT. I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many diverse experiences. You grow from a child to an adult, have children, change jobs many times, learn many trades, travel to so many places, meet thousands of people, and experience so much. How can you be so impatient then when it takes me a little longer than you expect to handle something on my to-do-list? Trust in my timing, for my timing is perfect. Just because I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should always rush, rush, rush.
9. BE KIND. Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. Please try to get along, for my sake. I created each of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical. Please know I love each of your differences.
10. LOVE YOURSELF. As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me for one reason only - to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of Love. Love me. Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes my heart ache when I see you so angry with yourself when things go wrong. You are very precious to me. Don't ever forget that!
With all my heart I love you,
Your Heavenly Father

A Prayer to Let Go
A devotion and prayer to help you shed the things that block you from God's presence. By Sue Monk Kidd
Today, I am filled by a desire for something I don’t need. As the desire grows, I go outside and gaze upward at the full branches of the oak tree.
So many things crowd the branches of my life too: desires; possession; jealousies; resentments; worries; things that clutter my mind, blocking God’s Presence.
Suddenly, the wind shakes the oak and a leaf drifts down in a ragged dance. I pick it up, for somehow it has become a symbol of what God seems to be asking of me: “Let go of the things that crowd My Presence from your life.”
Oh, Lord, I pray silently, I abandon this desire to You. I am shedding it like a leaf. Fill the space it has taken up in my life.
As I walk inside, I bring the fallen leaf with me and drop it in a basket on the table—a reminder that my desire has been shed.

Try Him Once More Author Unknown
Some years ago in a manufacturing town of Scotland a young lady applied to the superintendent of a Sunday school for a class. At his suggestion she gathered a class of poor boys.The superintendent told them to come to his house during the week and he would give them each a new suit of clothes. They came, and each was nicely fitted out.
The worst and most unpromising boy in the class was a lad named Bob. After two or three Sundays he was missing and the teacher went out to hunt him up. She found that his new clothes were torn and dirty,
but she invited him back to school, and he came. The superintendent gave him a second new suit, but after attending once or twice, Bob was again absent. Once again she sought him out, only to find that the second suit had gone the way of the first.
“I am utterly discouraged with Bob,” she said, when she reported the case to the superintendent, “and I must give him up.”
“Please don’t do that,” the superintendent replied. “I can’t but hope there is something good in Bob. Try him once more. I’ll give him a third suit if he’ll promise to attend regularly.”
Bob did promise, and received his third new suit. He attended regularly after that, and became interested in the school. He became an earnest and persevering seeker after Jesus, and found Him. He joined the church. He was made a teacher. He studied for the ministry. The end of the story is that this discouraging boy – forlorn, rugged, runaway Bob – became Robert Morrison, the great missionary to China who
translated the Bible into the Chinese language, and by so doing, opened the kingdom of heaven to the teeming millions of that vast country.

BACK ON TRACK by Steve May
Remember the story of Jonah? God told him to go preach in Ninevah. Jonah refused and ran in the other direction. He got thrown out of a boat and swallowed by a big fish who later spit him out on the beach.
What did God say next? "That's it for you, Jonah. You can just stay on the beach and feel guilty from now on."
Not even close. Instead, the Bible says...
Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time. (Jonah 3:1)
God didn't take Jonah out of service. He sent him back to Ninevah, saying, in effect, "Now go back to doing what I called you to do."
If you've lost some major battles in life, you may be tempted to think that God is finished with you. It's not true. The problem is not that God gives up on his people. The problem is that his people give up on themselves.
Many believers, after getting knocked down by sin, decide to never get up. "What's the use? Why bother? I'll just stay down here from now on."
You won't be let off quite that easy. God calls you to repentance, to confront your sin and deal with it. But that's just the first step. After you've gotten back on your feet, he most often sends you back into the battle.

Listen To The Stillness by Helen Dowd
Have you ever longed for stillness? I mean real quietness? Go far out into the country, and in the middle of the night, listen...Listen to quietness? Yes. After all the noises of the city or town-traffic, industry, sirens, dogs barking, church bells ringing, you get the point-stillness can be deafening.
Everywhere there is noise. Electricity makes noise. Listen during the stillness of the night in your own home, and you will hear noise. But out in the country, in the middle of the night when even the birds are asleep, you can hear the stillness. It is loud. It hurts your ears. Listen for a while-if you ever get the chance-and you will almost wish for some kind of noise. We expect noise. It is what we are used to.
But in our spiritual life we want quietness. But there is always some sort of disquietude. There are conflicting voices in our ears telling us different things. We cry out to God, wanting to hear His voice, but other noises keep squeezing their way in. We kneel or sit down for our morning devotions, asking God for a message from Him. Our Bible is open before us. We pray to hear His voice. We expect God's message to jump out at us, to fill our heads with assurance that He has heard, but it doesn't happen.
Well, let's not think we are the only ones. Elijah, God's great prophet, had the same experience. See I Kings 19 for the story. Elijah was out in the caves, hiding from Queen Jezebel and King Ahab. He was discouraged, thinking he was the only man of God left. In verse 11 we find him on the top of a mountain, waiting for God's voice. He expected to hear it in the wind that came along. But he didn't. He expected to hear it in the earthquake that took place. But he didn't. He expected to hear it in the roar of the fire. But God did not speak in any of those noisy events. God spoke in a STILL, SMALL VOICE. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3-4
We don't have to be out in the country in the middle of the night when even the birds are sleeping, to hear the voice of God. He speaks amidst the noise, the confusion of life. We just have to listen...for a STILL, SMALL VOICE.

Living By Faith or Giving Into Doubt by Proverbs 31 Ministries
Do you know for certain God is working on your behalf, or do you merely hope He is helping you? Are you walking in the confident conviction the Lord will do as He's promised, or are you worrying about the difficulties you face?
Each day, you and I have a choice to make: Will we live by faith or succumb to doubt? How we answer this question will shape how we view our circumstances and what we are able to accomplish in our lives. Walking in the confident conviction the Lord will do as He's promised will help us triumph over the many challenges we face .
As we see throughout God's Word, responding in faith is essential to our Christian walks (Rom. 1:17). This is especially true when we face times of adversity or feel helpless. Perhaps our medical, relational, or financial situations seem insurmountable. Our hopes and dreams may appear to be dashed forever. It might even feel as if God is refusing to answer our prayers. We must remember the Father uses each of these to test and grow our trust in Him, and it's crucial we respond with a steadfast faith that doesn't waver (James 1:2-6) .
I recall a particularly difficult season when I attended the University of Richmond. Everything seemed to be going wrong. I received a 50 on one exam and a 75 on another. I did not have the funds needed to continue my education, and I was desperate to know if it was the Lord's will for me to remain in school. I remember going to my room, weeping, and praying to God: "I've got to be absolutely sure it is Your will for me to be here. Father, please clarify this question in my mind and show me exactly what to do ."
I am sure you can relate to the pressure I was under as a young man. Human logic was telling me, "You're away from your family, failing your exams, and you have no money. Wouldn't the Lord make this easier if He really wanted you to continue? This is not worth the struggle. Go home." But all the things my grandfather taught me kept coming to mind, including the principle that God would move heaven and earth to show me His Will. I also knew the Father did not require me to understand His will. I simply needed to obey it - even if it seemed unreasonable at the time.
Thankfully, the Lord gave me the courage to continue in college. However, the experience taught me that wavering faith can be dangerous. If I had not sought the Father's will and had given up, the course of my life would have been altered completely. The same is true for you. Regardless of what you are facing, the Father will use it as an opportunity to deepen your faith in Him; and walking in faith can mean all the difference to your future. So how do you make sure that you walk in faith?
1. Whenever you are tempted to fret about your circumstances, ask yourself the following questions:
Where are these doubts coming from?
Has God ever failed me in the past?
Doesn't the Lord promise to meet my needs?
Don't I have the help of the Holy Spirit?
Isn't the Father with me at all times?
Is anything too hard for God?
Is my focus on the Lord as it should be?
Could my unbelief in this situation cost me a lifetime of regret?
2. It is crucial that you spend time in the Word of God. One of the primary ways the Father speaks to you is through His Word. Therefore, study the Bible each day, consider how He is instructing you, then apply His principles to your life. The Lord will move heaven and earth to show you His will, so trust Him to reveal what you should do .
3. Reflect on the times God faithfully answered your prayers . Remembering how the Father has helped you in the past will keep you from stumbling when troubles arise. Whenever you see the Lord at work in your life, record it in the margin of your Bible. This will become your personal record of His faithfulness to you and will help to encourage you in your walk with Him .
4. Choose to obey God and leave all the consequences to Him. There may be times in your life, as there have been in mine, when trusting the Lord is in conflict with your human reason and when you fail to see Him working in your circumstances. But don't give up. Remember "we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Cor . 5 :7). Claim God's promises in faith, and do exactly as He says. You will always be glad you did .
No matter what your situation is today, I hope you will trust that the Father is working on your behalf. It is my prayer that you will take the time to strengthen your faith each day, spend time in the Word of God, reflect on the Father's answers to your prayers, and faithfully obey Him regardless of the consequences. This will make all the difference in your life. You may not know what the Lord has planned for you, but you can be assured that it is above and beyond all you can ask or imagine. (Ephesians 3:20)
Often, our faith is tried the most when we must wait on God for the desires of our hearts. I pray it will help you persevere in faith, regardless of what trials may come. May God bless you richly as you seek to trust Him more.

My Choices
It’s quiet. It’s early. My coffee is hot. The sky is still black. The world is still asleep. The day is coming.
In a few moments the day will arrive. It will roar down the track with the rising of the sun. The stillness of the dawn will be exchanged for the noise of the day. The calm of the solitude will be replaced by the pounding pace of the human race. The refuge of the early morning will be invaded by decisions to be made and deadlines to be met.
For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day’s demands. It is now that I must make a choice. Because of Calvary, I’m free to choose. And so I choose.
I choose love... No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness, I choose love. Today I will love God and what God loves.
I choose joy... I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical...the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God.
I choose peace... I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.
I choose patience... I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I’ll invite him to do so. Rather than complaining that the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray. Instead of clinching my fist at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.
I choose kindness... I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone. Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.
I choose goodness... I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked before I will boast. I will confess before I will accuse. I choose goodness.
I choose faithfulness... Today I will keep my promises. My debtors will not regret their trust. My associates will not question my word. My wife will not question my love. And my children will never fear that their father will not come home.
I choose gentleness... Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself. I choose self-control... I am a spiritual being.
After this body is dead, my spirit will soar. I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy. I will be impassioned only by my faith. I will be influenced only by God. I will be taught only by Christ. I choose self-control.
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace. And then when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.
“As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” – John 9:5

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Discouragement is a killer! Beloved, everything touched by discouragement dies, and I speak of not only your health, finances, and relationships. But, I speak of the responsibilities of your kingdom position and faith. Refuse to allow negativity to keep you from the benefits of kingdom living. Rise up with thanksgiving and trust Me to bring you through, says the Lord. Psalms 42:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.

I need you to be quiet and learn to focus, says the Lord. Stress comes from a wandering mind and being too scattered. Take the time necessary to deal with or dismiss thoughts that are unproductive and that take you away from your obedience to Me. It is time to clean up your thought process and at the same time clean up your spiritual atmosphere in order to gain greater clarity of purpose. You will be delighted with the results. 2 Corinthians 10:4-6 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

Many of you, My people, do not walk in the power of My Spirit, which I have made available to you, says the Lord. This is either because you have not asked for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, or because you have put Him out in order to live according to the dictates of the flesh. I would have you consider that times and circumstances require your obedience to stay in the flow of My Spirit, and it is time for your to live, move and have your being in Him. Luke 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

Prepare for a growth spurt as you, My beloved, take another leap forward in spiritual maturity. I have led you daily, as if holding your hand, by giving you instructions on how to navigate your life and circumstances. And, many of you have followed My word and made corrections that cause you to grow up. In you I am well pleased. You are in a time of moving forward quickly as you accept and apply My message of truth and wisdom, says the Lord. Ephesians 4:11-15 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—

You might think that when you talk about others in a poor light that you are just sharing your thoughts and feelings. But, this is nothing more than idle chatter and gossip that will open a door for you to be cursed instead of blessed, for the curses that are sent out by the words of your mouth will only come back to yourself. It is true that you will be held accountable for every idle word you speak (Matthew 12:36). You are entering a new season that will bring you closer to Me, but this one thing needs to be done away with by making better choices. You will be glad you chose to watch the words of your mouth. Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come now, My people, and enter into your chambers. Come now, and hide yourself until the indignation of this season passes by. Hide yourself in a position of righteousness. Hide yourself in a position of safety. Hide yourself under My outstretched wings for surely I shall cover you in this dispensation of judgment. I have provided a safe place for you. My house and My habitation for you will be secure in these days. I call you now to come forth and make your home in a place that you can call spiritual Goshen, a place of protection, a place that I rule over and guard. So, I say now, come into this place. It is a glorious place. It is a place of My presence. It is a place where My world prevails. It is a place of blessing and it is a place of favor for My people, says the Most Holy Lord God Almighty. Be free! Be at liberty!

I’ve Never A Want But That He Attends It Author Unknown
Though the rain may fall and the wind be blowing,
And cold and chill is the wintry blast;
Though the cloudy sky is still cloudier growing,
And the dead leaves tell that the summer has passed;
My face I hold to the stormy heaven,
My heart is as calm as the summer sea,
Glad to receive what my God has given,
Whate'ver it be.
When I feel the cold, I can say, "He sends it."
And His winds blow blessing, I surely know;
For I've never a want but that He attends it;
And my heart beats warm, though the winds may blow.

Don't Want To Live Without You by Nancy Burr
I don't want to live without You Lord,
I need You everyday.
Words can't express what You mean to me,
You are my only way.
I don't want to live without Your love,
It fills and warms my heart.
You surround me in Your loving arms,
Even when I fall apart.
I don't want to live without Your grace,
You always help me see.
That no matter how often I stumble and fall,
You'll always come to me.
I don't want to live without Your word,
It's a lamp unto my feet.
It's a light that guides my path each day,
And makes me feel complete.
I don't want to live without You Lord,
I will follow You all my days.
Accept O Lord the praise I give You,
I will always follow your ways.

The Farmer and The Lord by Jim Reeves
While resting the other evening by the side of the road
I saw an old farmer in the field that he just sowed
His face was all brown and wrinkled from the sun and the wind
And he was talking to the Lord just like he'd be talking to a friend.
Well sir, he said with his voice calm and quiet
Them corn tassels need stackin' I got no strength to tie it
Had no rain in so long that the fields are mighty dusty
And it's been so unbearable hot that the kids were even gettin' fussy.
Now that grass down and the pasture it should be knee high
If we could just have a little shower Lord,
It might keep the calf from going dry
Oh but listen to me talking you'd think I wasn't grateful
Why if you didn't know me so well Lord
You'd think I was down right hateful.
You'd think I forgot about that new calf that you sent
And the money in the mail that took care of the rent
Mama's cough's better and Johnny's home from the navy
And that good Sunday dinner of chicken and dumplings and gravy.
And that new preacher you sent us Lord he's sure a fine young man
Why he's just convertin' them sinners to beat the band
Well guess I'll mosey on home now Lord
I won't take no more your time.
Guess there's plenty folks here about waitin' to ring your line
Evening to you Lord and watch us over tonight
And don't you worry about us now Lord
'Cause everything is gonna be all right...

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. 17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:9-21

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; 24 And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Walking in the Spirit
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5:16-26

A man’s steps are of the Lord; How then can a man understand his own way? Proverbs 20:24

Instructions to the Rich
17 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. 18 Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, 19 storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19

19 “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? Numbers 23:19

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-29

Nothing Can Separate Us by Suzanne Benner
“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” (Romans 8:37)
Are you facing trouble or hardship or persecution? Is conflict in your marriage, a loss of a job or illness weighing you down? Has your family disowned you or your friend deserted you? Are you experiencing a famine of food or a famine of hope? Is there danger or death looming on the horizon?
Then let me remind you that:
· God chose you. (Romans 8:29-30)
· God is your powerful ally. (Romans 8:31)
· God gave up His Son for you, so He will look after you. (Romans 8:32)
· Nothing can separate you from God’s love. (Romans 8:39)
We can be confident of these truths because, “Jesus Christ, who died – more than that, who was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.” (Romans 8:34)
Can death separate us from God’s love? No, because through Jesus we have the promise of eternal life. (John 3:16)
Can life isolate us from God’s love? No, because God has promised to be with us always. (Matthew 28:20)
Can angels or demons keep us from God’s love? No. Though there are spiritual forces at work in our world, God is greater than them all. (Matthew 10:28)
Can present troubles or future fears cut us off from God’s love? No, because God is the great “I AM”, the God who is and was and is to come. (Rev 1:8)
Can any powers that man or Satan exert over us defeat God’s love? No, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (1 John 4:4) “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:37-39)
Thank you Holy God that because of Jesus, nothing can separate me from Your love. Amen
Questions: What is your best reminder of God’s love for you? How can you encourage others to be confident in God’s love?

A Meditation On The Lord’s Prayer by Walter Russell Bowie
Our Father, who art in heaven. Help me to believe this day that there is a power to lift me up, which is stronger than all the things that hold me down. Hallowed be thy Name. Help me to be sensitive to what is beautiful and responsive to what is good, so that day by day I may grow more sure of the Holiness of life in which I want to trust. Thy kingdom come. Help me to be quick to see, and ready to encourage, whatever brings the better meaning of God into that which other wise might be, the common round of the uninspired day. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Help me to believe that of the spirit are not a far off dream, but a power to command loyalty and direct my life here on our real world. Give us this day our daily bread. Open the way for me to earn an honest living without anxiety, but let me never forget the needs of others, and make me want only that benefit for myself which will also be their gain. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Make me patient and sympathetic with the shortcomings of others, especially those I love; and keep me sternly watchful only of my own. Let me never grow hard with the unconscious cruelty of those who measure themselves by mean standards and so think they have excelled. Keep my eyes lifted to the highest, so that I may be forgiving because I know how much there is of which I need to be forgiven. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Let me not go carelessly this day within the reach of any evil I cannot resist, but if in the path of duty I must go where temptation is, give me strength of spirit to meet it without fear. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Ezekiel 38
1 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: 4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: 6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee. 7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them. 8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. 9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee. 10 Thus saith the Lord God; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: 11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, 12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. 13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil? 14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord God; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it? 15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army: 16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. 17 Thus saith the Lord God; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? 18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face. 19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; 20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. 21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother. 22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Dear God, our Companion, help us to see that you always have ways to use us, no matter our circumstances. Show us how we can serve You are present in every season of life to offer guidance, strength, and comfort. We praise and thank you that we are never left alone. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadClosed Thread