Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
There is no advantage, and yet we do it. Not always consciously, and yet how many times have we told ourselves that we were just FINE!

Arrogance generally comes when you don't want to hear and not open to learning and growing. The old adage, "Well, I'm an alcoholic/addict, what do you expect?" My answer is always, "I expect you to work the step, grow and change." Other will say, well I have been doing this for 20 odd years and I am not about to change now! Why not? Is it still working for you in today. Just because I learned something in early recovery, doesn't mean it doesn't need to be changed to meet situations in today.

Recovery is about change. Yet it isn't my job to tell someone else what to do. All I can do is share my own experience, strength and hope. For the most part, there isn't a room of recovery that I don't qualify for. 12 Steps are 12 Steps. The only one I technically don't qualify for is for Pot. Tried it once, was so sick, was on all fours with my head in the john and had to let my husband drive home even though he was drunk. I normally didn't let him drive my car if he had more than 3 beers. It was okay for me to drive not him. It didn't matter than I had matched him drink for drink, he was drunk I was not. It was my arrogance that saw myself as sober because I could walk and drive a straight line and he could not.
Found myself so busy comparing myself to others instead of identifying. I didn't do that, I wasn't like that, I am not as bad as they are, mean while I stayed sick and was one very sick soul.

Being busy can be good, when I wasn't busy, I was using and living in a vacuum, with no desires, motivations or intentions. Yet even with the busy of today in recovery, I need to keep balance and recognize when I am replacing busy, to not look at my issues of the moment. Another blanket of denial that I can put on, to not face reality.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply