Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Encouraging Word - June

June 1

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23

2 Thessalonians 3:5 (NIV) May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

Thought: Pray that today for someone you love.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 2:5 (NLT): Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had.

Today’s Thought: What is your attitude? When things go wrong (and they will) you can either praise God anyway or be depressed. It is your decision. Today, decide to glorify God in all things.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me have a positive attitude no matter what comes my way. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 2

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Ephesians 6:18

Ephesians 4:24 (NIV) ...put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Thought: Your true identity comes from being "in Christ." It's an inheritance you received the first time you called on His name.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 3

For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life. Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress. Psalm 143:11

Deuteronomy 31:9 (NIV) So Moses wrote down this law and gave it to the priests...

Thought: Keep a journal of what Jesus says to you.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 2:14 (NLT): In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing,

Today’s Thought: It is important to stay away from complaining & arguing. Our words can either build someone up or tear someone down. Which will you choose today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to complain or argue with anyone today. Instead let me build someone up. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 06-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 4

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 1 Timothy 2:1

1 Corinthians 13:4 (NIV) Love is patient, love is kind...

Thought: Rushing leads to rudeness. Slow it down.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 2:16 (NLT): Hold tightly to the word of life, so that when Christ returns, I will be proud that I did not lose the race and that my work was not useless.

Today’s Thought: It is important to remember God’s ultimate plan for us on earth. It is not for us to have a house with a white picket fence, 2.5 kids & 1 million dollars in the bank. While there is nothing wrong with having all that, we are ultimately here to be a witness for Jesus.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would always help me to remember why I am here. Please also put someone in my path that needs You today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 5

We always thank God for all of you and pray for you constantly. 1 Thessalonians 1:2

Deuteronomy 32:46-47 (NIV) ...command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. They are not just idle words for you -- they are your life. By them you will live long...

Thought: Being a great parent starts with teaching your kids about God.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 3:1 (NLT): Whatever happens, dear brothers and sisters, may the Lord give you joy. I never get tired of telling you this. I am doing this for your own good.

Today’s Thought: Joy is a fruit that comes from spending time with God. He wants us to have a life full of joy. If you do not have joy today, ask God to give it to you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You give me a life full of joy. Help me to remember that whatever comes my way You have a plan for it. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 6

Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalm 143:8

1 Corinthians 13:7 (NIV) Love always protects...

Thought: Love looks out for others.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 3:3 (NLT): For we who worship God in the Spirit are the only ones who are truly circumcised. We put no confidence in human effort. Instead, we boast about what Christ Jesus has done for us.

Today’s Thought: It is very important to remember we can’t earn God’s forgiveness. God’s gift of forgiveness is free to all. Instead, let’s share it with the people that God has put in our lives each day.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for forgiving me of my sins! I ask that You give me the strength to share it with someone today that is hurting. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 7

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17

1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NIV) Pray continually...

Thought: Anytime. Anywhere. For any reason. God's there for you.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 3:6 (NLT): And zealous? Yes, in fact, I harshly persecuted the church. And I obeyed the Jewish law so carefully that I was never accused of any fault.

Today’s Thought: Isn’t it wonderful to know that no matter what sins we’ve committed in the past, Jesus will forgive us! However, the hard part is forgiving ourselves. Today, let’s realize that if we have repented, that sin is gone. Do not live in guilt – instead bind it & cast it out in Jesus’ name!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You so much for forgiving me! I ask that You help me not to live in condemnation. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 8

But Lord, be merciful to us, for we have waited for you. Be our strong arm each day and our salvation in times of trouble. Isaiah 33:2

Jeremiah 33:3 (NKJV) "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know."

Thought: When you talk with God, you can learn a lot.

Today’s Scripture: John 3:17 (NLT): God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

Today’s Thought: Jesus came to earth for one reason and one reason only – to die for you! He loves you that much. He wants you to share that love with others. Today, let’s ask God to send people to us who need Him.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You so much for dying for me! I ask that You send someone to me who needs to hear about You in my life today. Please give me the courage & words to say to them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 9

Deuteronomy 32:3 (NIV) I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!

Thought: We can worship every day.

Today’s Scripture:

John 3:21 (NLT): But those who do what is right come to the light gladly, so everyone can see that they are doing what God wants."

Today’s Thought: We need to try to live a life beyond reproach. People are watching whether we realize it or not. Let’s live a life where others will notice a difference about us.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live my life in a way that unbelievers will ask me what is different about my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 10

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

Deuteronomy 31:12 (NIV) Assemble the people -- men, women and children, and the foreigners residing in your towns -- so they can listen and learn to fear the Lord your God and follow carefully all the words of this law.

Thought: The gospel has a global call. It's for everyone.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 1:20 (NLT): Wisdom shouts in the streets. She cries out in the public square.

Today’s Thought: Wisdom is very important, but, Godly wisdom is extremely important. We must pray each day that God would give it to us so we do not fall into the traps of the enemy.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You give me wisdom as I go about my day today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 11

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:13

1 Corinthians 13:4b (NIV) ...love does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Thought: It's hard to focus on others when you're full of yourself.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 12

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Colossians 3:1

Deuteronomy 31:15 (NIV) Then the Lord appeared (to Moses) at the Tent in a pillar of cloud...

Thought: God's always closer than we think.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 2:3 (NLT): Cry out for insight and understanding

Today’s Thought: Our adversary, the devil, has 2,000 + years experience in lying. He will twist anything to trip us up. We must constantly cry out to God for insight & understanding so we do not fall into his traps!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You give me insight & understand of how the devil works so I do not fall into his traps. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 13

Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full-pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38

1 Corinthians 13:7 (NIV) ...Love always trusts...

Thought: Doubts divide. Think the best about others.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 2:20 (NLT): Follow the steps of good men instead, and stay on the paths of the righteous.

Today’s Thought: It is good to have people in your life that you can look up to spiritually. Just as a parent trains a child, we must have someone train us in the ways of the Lord.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You put someone in my life that will train me & help me grow in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 14

For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. Galatians 5:13

Psalm 103:17 (NIV) From everlasting to everlasting, the Lord's love is with those who fear Him, and His righteousness with their children's children.

Thought: Build a legacy. Love the Lord.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 2:21 (NLT): For only the upright will live in the land, and those who have integrity will remain in it.

Today’s Thought: A life of integrity is vitally important as a Christian. We must be people that keep our word. People who you think are not watching, really are.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live a life of integrity. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 06-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 15

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Philippians 1:6

Philippians 2:8a (NIV) Jesus humbled himself...

Thought: Pride keeps so many people from God. Don't let it build up walls in your life.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 3:3 (NLT): Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart.

Today’s Thought: Kindness is a rare commodity these days. Everyone is in such a hurry. Today, let’s take the time to show kindness to someone that you do not know. They might just need to know that someone cares about them.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You put someone in my path today, that needs to know how much You care about them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Post New ThreadReply