Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2024, 07:01 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - March 29

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

When God works a change in us, He can change others through us.

God wants us to be good to ourselves and others.

God desires that we trust in Him.

With God in the driver's seat, life is better.

God frees us from the past so we can live fully in the present.

Look for the many ways God is reaching out to you.

Life without Christ is nothing. Life in Christ is everything.

SPILLED COAL
The dirty gray clouds hung so low it seemed you could reach up and touch them. It was spitting a few flakes of snow and the temperature was in the 20s.
The winter of 1940 was cold in the mountains. It was a bone chilling, face freezing, penetrating kind of cold.
Lilly was going about her morning chores in the warmth of her home, when she heard a knock on the door. Opening it, there stood Mr. Gibson, her neighbor.
"Come in out of the cold." She opened the door wide for him. "Is everything ok? How is your wife?" Lilly asked. Mrs. Gibson had cancer and was confined to her bed most of the time.
"She is about the same. I have come to ask a favor. We are almost out of wood for the stove and wondered if you had some to spare until we get our welfare check?"
Lilly didn't know how to respond. Her wood supply was pretty low and her husband was gone for the week at a job sixty miles away. Thinking about the severe cold, she wondered if she would have enough wood for herself.
She told Mr. Gibson she would see what she could do and be back in touch. Her sister lived a couple of blocks away and she would find out if she had any coal or wood to spare.
Lilly bundled up warmly and made the trek to her sister's house. Sitting in the kitchen with a hot cup of coffee, the sisters talked about what to do for the Gibsons. June told Lilly she had very little extra wood to burn as the weather had turned so cold, the stove seemed to eat it like tissue paper.
They didn't have enough money to buy wood for the Gibsons but Lilly had an idea.
The railroad tracks were not far away. Train cars loaded with coal sometimes spilled coal on the tracks. Maybe they could take a sack and borrow a wagon from one of June's sons and pick up some coal. It was a plan.
They put on all the clothes and scarves they could find and got the wagon and a tow sack before going out in the bitter cold. They walked down the tracks and put whatever coal they found into the sack. The icy wind brought tears to their eyes, which froze on their faces.
When they reached the unloading depot, a man was on top of a box car of coal. He would shovel the coal down a chute to a waiting truck.
The man greeted the ladies and remarked what a cold day it was. He asked why they were out in the frigid weather. They told him they were picking up coal to burn.
The man lifted his large coal filled shovel and then turned the shovel sideways pouring the coal on the ground. Twice more he spilled his shovel of coal on the ground. He told them he was clumsy and the coal he couldn't get in the chute was just left on the ground to go to waste.
Next he climbed down the ladder and muttered he needed a cup of coffee and would be back soon.
The women had just finished filling the sack when he returned with two cups of hot coffee for them. They took the coffee and thanked him profusely.
Lilly asked his first name, explaining she wanted to mention it in her prayers tonight.
The man smiled. "Do you think the Lord will bless me for spilling my employer's coal on the ground?"
June spoke up. "He will bless you for your act of kindness. He will bless you for keeping two elderly people warm during this cold spell. Not only will this coal warm their bodies, but it will also warm their hearts. Yes, you will be blessed."
Thanking him again, they left.
Somehow the trip home didn't seem as far. They took turns pulling the wagon now heavy with coal, but their hearts were much lighter.
Upon reaching the Gibson home, the four friends held hands while they thanked God for the total stranger whose act of kindness had helped them accomplish their mission.
The Gibsons had enough coal to last until the weather broke and their check arrived. --Clara Wersterfer

When you first look at all the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, it's hard to believe there's actually a picture in there.
But there's an important key to working a puzzle. You need to keep referring to the picture on the box. That's what helps you know what the finished product is supposed to look like.
Do you ever look at the jumbled pieces of your life, wondering how they could ever fit together? God has given us a picture of what we'll look like when He's finished with us.
The book of Hebrews tells us that Jesus is "the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature."
Jesus is our picture of holiness. As we give all the pieces of our lives to God, He'll help us grow into the image of His Son.
Are you growing in holiness? There's one way to know. Study what God's Word says about Jesus, and then ask whether you're becoming more like Him. --Nancy Leigh DeMoss

LET GO AND LET GOD
This story is tough to write about. It is personal. My mother and my aunt are at the core of this. However, at this time of the year, a story of forgiveness and reconciliation is of most importance.
My mother and my favorite aunt (like a mother to me) had a misunderstanding that kept them apart for ten years. I would visit one, then the other, trying in vain to get them to stop the foolishness. In 1993 my mother’s husband died of a heart attack. I needed to act as time was running out for this generation.
When I visited my mother, I would take her for a drive in the country for a few hours. This gave us time to visit, time away from her home and memories, time for a mother and son to talk. Well, this day was different. I took the back roads and went west, then south, then east, until my mother had no idea where we were.
About an hour or so later I pulled into my aunt and uncle’s driveway and told my mom, “This stubbornness is over, we are going to stop it today here and now.”
I took her by the arm and entered my aunt’s home (always unlocked) and walked up to my aunt and said, “May I present your sister?”
The reaction was predictable, they hugged, cried, apologized and things were like before. My uncle and I joined in the group hug. I thought, “All is well with my soul.”
I lectured them before leaving saying, “What went through my mind was the possibility one of you would die before resolving this and the other standing at the grave thinking, why oh why didn’t I reconcile.”
The lesson here is for all of us. Forgive and reconcile. I have forgiven everyone who has offended me in this life and reconciled with the parties involved. So I ask during this time of the year, Easter, to think of the big picture and let go and let God. --B.J. Cassady

Hope Emerges
It has been seven weeks since we had the house fire. In some ways it seems like it just happened. In some ways it seems like a lifetime ago. In some ways it seems like it never happened. To say that these have been challenging days would be an understatement. To say that God has blessed us greatly in the midst of the challenge would also be an understatement. In the midst of it all, hope emerges.
As I made my routine walk around the house and yard a couple of days ago checking out the latest changes and the progress made since the previous visit. In each visit I intently look for reasons to be optimistic and signs that this will one day be our home. On this day I found one. Rising from the rubble, ashes and debris, hope still emerges in the form of two brilliant yellow Daffodils. The Daffodil bulbs were distributed during the memorial service of a young girl last fall. My wife later planted them at the edge of our driveway so that we would see the easily and often. And, there they were in the middle of our trampled-down flowerbed filled mostly with weeds, trash, and pieces of broken bricks two beautiful Lana Beth Daffodils. Hope emerges.
That’s the way life happens, isn’t it? At those times when things seem to be as bad as they can get, hope emerges.
The illness has lasted for weeks. Test results continued to show the progression of the disease. Each day seemed to bring more discouraging news. The medical records had been sent to the best doctors in the world. Nothing changed. Discouragement reigns. Then, out of the blue, a doctor that you had never heard of called saying that he thought he could help. Hope emerges.
The relationship with your parents had become unbearable. Every day brought another explosive battle for independence. They did not understand you. You did not understand them. Nobody seemed to want to understand anybody. You wondered how you would ever survive another week in the house with those people. Then, one late and tearful night the conversation made sense. You understood a little about where they were coming from. They understood a little better where you were. Hope emerges.
Things at work could not get worse, or so you thought. Then, they did. You dreaded Monday morning. Walking from your car to the office you could feel your stomach churn. When you stepped into the building you expected to feel the same tension that was there when you left on Friday. But, something was different. The receptionist smiled differently. The person in the office next to you greeted you kindly, and you returned the greeting. The boss called you and explained that he was aware that things had been bad and he was willing to work to make them better. Hope emerges.
The marriage that started out with such great potential was in real trouble. You were angry and hurt. She was hurt and angry. You needed help. But there seemed to be none. You both cried yourselves to sleep many nights, and you went through the motions of the day waiting for the next fight. You were both ready to quit. As a last resort you asked a wise friend for advice. They put their arms around you and prayed. Hope emerges.
Hope emerges all around us. Hope emerged with the birth of Jesus. Hope emerged when the offer of life. Hope emerged with the empty tomb. Hope emerged when we were powerless. Hope emerges with the birth of every child. Hope emerges with every couple that says, “I do.” Hope emerges whenever a heart turns to God. Hope emerges with every cup of water that is given to a thirsty soul. Hope emerges whenever a broken heart is lifted. Hope emerges from the darkness. Hope emerges from the ashes. Hope emerges from the rubble. Because He is alive hope emerges.
The signs of hope are emerging all around you . . . maybe right in your own front yard. --Tom

The Bigger Picture
Leith Anderson, a minister, shared this experience: As a boy, he grew up outside of New York City and was an avid fan of the old Brooklyn Dodgers. One day his father took him to a World Series game between the Dodgers and the Yankees. He was so excited, and he just knew the Dodgers would trounce the Yankees. Unfortunately, the Dodgers never got on base, and his excitement was shattered.
Years later, he was engrossed in a conversation with a man who was a walking sports almanac. Leith told him about the first major league game he attended and added, “It was such a disappointment. I was a Dodger fan and the Dodgers never got on base.” The man said, “You were there? You were at the game when Don Larsen pitched the first perfect game in all of World Series history?”
Leith replied, ‘'Yeah, but uh, we lost.” He then realized that he had been so caught up in his team’s defeat that he missed out on the fact that he was a witness to a far greater page of history.
I wonder how often the same thing happens to us. We get so caught up in the “defeats” in our lives, the times when things don’t turn out the way we want them to. So we’re depressed because an illness continues to linger, or when people don’t treat us the way we think they ought to, or when we face financial difficulties.
But we are often so blinded by the pain and disappointment of our “defeat” that we fail to appreciate the fact that we might be witness to something far greater that God is doing in our lives.
Remember when Paul was in prison? He wrote to the Philippian Christians, “But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel.” (Phil. 1:12)
While most of us would have focused on the “defeat” (being in prison even though he was innocent), Paul was able to see what God was doing in his life. It’s not an easy thing to do. It’s never easy to view things from a heavenly perspective rather than an earthly one, but it is especially difficult in the midst of pain and defeat. But it is learning how to have a heavenly view that helps us to know joy no matter what happens in our lives. --Alan Smith

Pause to Praise
Sometimes we can find ourselves getting so consumed with activity and busyness that we fail to give God thanks and praise. Praise is not only for Sunday morning during the singing time, and it is not to be offered only when something good happens to us. Man was created to praise God because God demands the glory (Isaiah 48:11) all the time. We exist not for ourselves, not to find out who we are, and not to indulge our lusts. We exist to give God praise, to learn about Who He is, and to give Him glory for Who He is and for what He has done, is doing, and will do. In fact, I believe that the highest, most elating, and most euphoric experiences that a human being can enjoy are those moments when God grasps our attention and shouts to us in our hearts, saying, for example, "Look at what I have made. Isn’t it awesome, beautiful, and breathtaking? I thought this up, I designed it, and I brought it into being. Isn’t it great?" When we respond in humble acknowledgement, thanksgiving, and praise, we share God’s joy about Who He is and what He has done.
Not too long ago, on a clear, crisp winter night, I found myself just staring at the stars and the vast expanse of the heavens. I have seen them many times before, but they hadn’t moved me to marvel as they did that night. Something had changed with in me. The stars had always been there, and God hadn’t changed. What was different was that I took the time to appreciate, and not only to appreciate, but to praise. It is one thing to say that the sky is big and amazing, and it is another to glorify God for His bigness that transcends even the vastness of the universe. It is one thing to try to get our minds around how big the stars actually are even though they are so small, and it is another altogether to praise God for thinking up the idea of light and for being the Light. It is not good enough just to acknowledge that the universe has a designer, but the Designer must be praised.
I believe that the more we study the world and, more importantly, the Bible, the more we will be moved to praise. How can a book written over thousands of years by many different human authors be perfectly consistent, coherent, and complete? Only God could do this, and this should move us to praise. How could God become man, die, and then be raised from the dead? It is amazing, and it should move us to praise. Like the stars on a clear night, the heavens speak forth the glory of God (Psalm 19:1), and the created order should move us to praise. Sometimes we will be able to get a glimpse of the wisdom of God as we see in retrospect just how good He has been to us. Sometimes, we see, like David, how the goodness of God has followed us all the days of our lives (Psalm 23:6). This should move us to praise and exalt God in our hearts. Every time we encounter God in His Word, His revelation through the creation, or as the Spirit moves in our hearts about the goodness of God, we must praise. In fact, as we come to increasingly understand the love, grace, goodness, and power of God, we won’t be able to help but praise. It will be almost instinctive. God wants us to delight in Him (Psalm 37:4) and thereby find our greatest purpose and joy (Psalm 16:11).
The Psalms are full of exhortations to praise by writers who can’t help but praise God, even when they find themselves in dire predicaments. In fact, the Hebrew text labeled the book of Psalms as "Praises." Given that this book is the longest in the canon of Scripture, it should be clear to us that God wants praise to be a central part of the believer’s life. In fact Psalm 102:18 says, "This will be written for the generation to come, that a people yet to be created may praise the LORD." The very purpose of the Psalms is to motivate us to praise and to instruct us as to how we should praise.
We must continue the praising of God that has been done for thousands of years in song and music, even singing new songs to the Lord as He works in our hearts and leads us to praise (Psalm 33:3). We can praise God through our old favorite songs, as certainly Israel would have done with their Psalms, but we should also be composing new ones. Even in Revelation 5:9, those in heaven sing to God a new song of praise. God doesn’t get old, and if He is getting old, stale, and boring to us, we need to recover true, authentic and Biblical praise. Whether through song, prayer, deed, or any other kind of God-glorifying action, we must intentionally pause to praise. Rather than be consumed with ourselves, we must let ourselves be consumed with the glory of God. Rather than boast in ourselves, we should boast in the Lord. As Psalm 34:2 says, "My soul will make its boast in the LORD."
God is great and greatly to be praised (Psalm 48:1, 96:4). I pray that God will teach all of us as His children to pause to praise Him, giving Him the glory that is due His glorious name. He has done great things, and He is great. Praise the Lord! --Brent Barnett

LET YOUR SOUL SING
The birds are singing again in the mountains of my home. The warm, March air is carrying dozens of different songs to my delighted ears as I walk my dogs in the morning. Everywhere I go I can hear the sweet music coming from my feathered friends in the treetops. This year there are even several Woodpeckers providing a nice drum section to back up the wonderful choir of happiness that I am hearing. Every song is such a pleasure to hear. Each one is special. Each one is full of joy. Each one is full of love. Each one is full of life. All of them are blending together as well into one glorious song of thanks to God. Spring may look like sunshine and smell like flowers, but in my ears it will always sound like birdsong.
My little singers are helping me to remember something very important as well. They are reminding me that I still have my own song to sing in this world. I still have a lot of joy left to spread. I still have a lot of love left to share. I still have a lot of life left to live. I still have a lot of goodness and oneness with God left to give to everyone I meet. I don’t want to die full of regret because my music was still inside of me.
I may just be one, little bird singing in this vast world, but I am going to keep chirping away. I know that if you take away just one bird the song of life becomes less. I know too that if you add just one more singer this glorious song becomes so much more. I will be happy then to be a part of God’s choir of joy here on Earth until I can join God’s choir of joy in Heaven.
In everything you say and in everything you do let your heart and soul sing with love, joy, and oneness with God. Make your own life a beautiful song that brings happiness to the ears of the world. Sing like a bird on the first day of Spring. Sing like an Angel on her first day in Heaven. Sing and invite all you know to join in the music. --Joseph J. Mazzella

Senior Moments
'You shall rise before the gray-headed and honor the presence of an old man, and fear your God: I am the Lord.’ (Leviticus 19:32)
A couple days ago, my friend and I emailed back and forth about “Senior Moments.” Being the “Lucy” that I am, I have been having Senior Moments since I was a child. I remember one time after I screamed out, I heard my family say, “Cheryl must have stepped on her fingers again.” They could never figure out how I did that. Or, as a young adult, go in and pay for gas then get in my car and drive away without jumping it. Or pull up to the drive thru teller, put my check in the round container, have her cash it and send it back to me, then take the round container, pull my money out and drive off with the container on my front seat. I had done this so often, that one time the teller must have expected it and charged out of her little cubby-hole, running across the parking lot after me as I was pulling away. And I can’t even count the times I have walked into the men’s public restroom because I forgot to look at the ‘sign’ first before I entered. That was scary.
With God, old age is the crowning glory for His children. The Apostles were very old when the letters of the ‘New Testament’ were written. Noah was 600 years old when the waters flooded the earth and we all know the story of Abraham and Sarah. She was ninety years old when she conceived Isaac. Moses was eighty years old when he spoke to Pharaoh saying, “Let my people go.” It was those of old age that God used to change history. It is the seniors of today that are used in miraculous ways. If you think that since you are old, your days of production are over, God has proven otherwise.
Remember the days of old, Consider the years of many generations. Ask your father, and he will show you; Your elders, and they will tell you. (Deuteronomy 32:7)
The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon . Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing. (Psalm 92:12-14)
--Cheryl T.

Mr. Penney
Nothing in the early life of James Cash Penney indicated that his name would one day become a household word in homes across the United States. Born in 1875, he grew up on a small farm in Kentucky. His father was a minister in the Primitive Baptist Church. Both parents were committed Christians who instilled a deep and abiding faith in their children.
While Penney was a teenager, his father removed from his position as minister. The ensuing financial hardship for the family meant that Penney had to leave school, taking a job to help support the family. He began to work as a clerk in a local store. Although he didn't realize it at the time, this modest start was providential and would propel him into an illustrious career as a retailer.
After working in various stores, Penney was able to purchase a one-third interest in a dry goods store in Kemmerer, Wyoming. The date was April 14, 1902. Kemmerer was a small mining town of less than 1,000 people. Penney and his wife lived in a tiny attic apartment above the store. Their furniture consisted of a large empty dry goods box for a table and smaller boxes for chairs. When their first child was born, Penney's young wife wrapped their infant in a blanket, allowing it to sleep under a counter while she stood beside it, working alongside her husband, serving their customers.
>From that humble beginning J. C. Penney would eventually preside over 1,700 stores. He would lead the country's largest chain of department stores, each one bearing his name. The influence of Penney's godly parents became evident with the growth of his business, as he began to describe his chain as the Golden Rule Stores, based on the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:12: "Do unto others what you would have them do unto you"
Although his enterprise made him incredibly wealthy, Penney's life was not devoid of setbacks and troubles. In fact, beginning in 1929, events took place that nearly cost Penney his life.
When the Great Depression struck the country, it came at a time of great financial vulnerability for Penney. While his stores continued to do well, Penney had been adding outside interests, and these were proving to be extremely costly. In order to finance these interests, Penney borrowed heavily. In addition, Penney was becoming a major philanthropist, giving generously to organizations and individuals. The Depression prompted banks to request repayment of his loans sooner than anticipated. Suddenly cash flow was tight, and Penney was finding it difficult to meet payment schedules. Constant and unrelenting worry began to take a toll. "I was so harassed with worries that I couldn't sleep, and developed an extremely painful ailment," he said.
Concerned about his deteriorating health, Penney checked himself into the Kellogg sanitarium at Battle Creek, Michigan, the Mayo Clinic of its era. There, Dr. Elmer Eggleston, a staff physician, examined Penney, declaring that he was extremely ill. "A rigid treatment was prescribed, but nothing helped," Penney recalled. He was attacked by the twin demons of hopelessness and despair. His very will to live was rapidly eroding. "I got weaker day by day. I was broken nervously and physically, filled with despair, unable to see even a ray of hope. I had nothing to live for, I felt that I hadn't a friend left in the world, that even my family had turned against me."
Alarmed by his rapidly deteriorating condition, Dr. Eggleston gave Penney a sedative. However, the effect quickly wore off, and Penney awakened with the conviction that he was living the last night of his life. "Getting out of bed, I wrote farewell letters to my wife and to my son, saying that I did not expect to live to see the dawn."
Penney awakened the next morning, surprised to find himself alive. Making his way down the hallway of the hospital, he could hear singing coming from the little chapel where devotional exercises were held each morning. The words of the hymn he heard being sung spoke deeply to his condition. Going into the chapel, he listened with a weary heart to the singing, the reading of the Scripture lesson, and the prayer.
"Suddenly something happened," he recalled. "I can't explain it. I can only call it a miracle. I felt as if I had been instantly lifted out of the darkness of a dungeon into a warm, brilliant sunlight. I felt as if I had been transported from hell to Paradise. I felt the power of God as I had never felt it before."
In a life-transforming instant Penney knew that God, with His love, was there to help. "From that day to this, my life has been free from worry," he declared. "The most dramatic and glorious 20 minutes of my life were those I spent in that chapel that morning." The words from the hymn that spoke so eloquently and miraculously to J. C. Penney were "God will take care of you."
God Will Take Care of You
Be not dismayed whate'er betide,
God will take care of you;
Beneath His wings of love abide,
God will take care of you.
God will take care of you,
Through every day, o'er all the way;
He will take care of you,
God will take care of you.
--Author Unknown

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Be strong and courageous; you are almost out of the woods. Keep pressing through and you will soon realize that the resistance that you have been pushing against in the spirit realm is gone. Don't give up, however, until you feel that release. You will find that the pushing and pressing you have had to do has made your stronger, says the Lord.
Philippians 3:12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

Roll with the punches, and go with the flow. You must trust that I will direct your steps and bring you through every situation that challenges your comfort zone. Be still and maintain peace so that you can stay sensitive to My leading. For, certainly, I will speak to your heart to show you the way, says the Lord.
Isaiah 30:21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.

Remember that your affliction is for the moment, and do not overreact to temporary stress. Instead, look up and rise above your difficult situations into the realm of the Spirit where you will find peace. It is vital that you maintain an eternal perspective. Refuse to be drawn into conflict in times of mental and emotional tension, says the Lord.
2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

Beloved, every victory in the name of the Lord is greater than any defeat, regardless of how devastating it may seem. Rise up with a victorious mindset, and expect to win. Rejoice in your victories and go forth with the sword of the Spirit, the words of your mouth, in mighty and undaunted praise. Truly, no weapon formed against you shall prosper, says the Lord.
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD.

My children, many of you need My wisdom before you proceed. You have done all that you can do until now, and you need to know your next move. Remember that I have the answers, and I will not withhold them from you. All you have to do is ask. I will pour out abundantly and bring new light to every situation that concerns you. I will direct you in the way you should go, says the Lord.
James 1:5-8 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double– minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Watch for the enemy to use situations against you to intimidate you and cause you to be afraid that you have made the wrong choice. But, I say to you, do not give in to these temptations to question your own judgment. I have led you thus far, and I will continue to take you into the place that I have appointed for you. Do not be afraid of what may seem to be overwhelming odds and insurmountable challenges, for I am with you to bring you through to absolute victory, says the Lord.
1 Samuel 17:40-46 Then he (David) took his staff in his hand; and he chose for himself five smooth stones from the brook, and put them in a shepherd’s bag, in a pouch which he had, and his sling was in his hand. And he drew near to the Philistine. So the Philistine (giant) came, and began drawing near to David, and the man who bore the shield went before him. And when the Philistine looked about and saw David, he disdained him; for he was only a youth, ruddy and good–looking. So the Philistine said to David, "Am I a dog, that you come to me with sticks?" And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. And the Philistine said to David, "Come to me, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field!" Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. "This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Follow Me, and I will lead you to the wells of life. I will give the living water to you abundantly . And, I will also feed you with the hidden manna. Not only will I feed you with that which has not been revealed, for it shall indeed become revelation to you, but I shall also walk with you in fellowship. You will know Me even more intimately than you know Me today and understand by way of revelation My purposes for this season. I am about to bring you higher than ever you have been before. Come to Me, walk with Me, be one with Me, and drink the waters that I give to you and eat the manna that I feed you. In the days ahead, you will realize what a great treasure is given to you at this time. Follow Me now. Come on, let’s go on a journey, you and I together; a journey of joy in which you will experience the power of the kingdom of God; a journey in which your righteousness will be elevated and thus the power of it shall flow out before you; a journey in which you will have victory over all the works of the enemy, says the Lord Almighty.

In His Steps
Dwell not in the valley of despair,
waste not another day.
Arm yourself with faith and prayer,
and then be on your way.
Yield not unto temptation
which leads the soul astray,
But focus on the light ahead
and walk the narrow way.
Your Guide shall always lead you
and shield you from harm's way,
But you must follow in His steps
and listen and obey.
His strength shall never fail you
as you stop awhile to pray,
For at the end of your journey
you'll find a brighter day.
At the end of life's great journey,
Heaven's just a step away
For all who follow in His steps
and listen and obey.
--Clay Harrison 1/11/02

JESUS MY BEST FRIEND
Whenever I'm in trouble
Or when I am afraid
He helps me work my problems out
And the hurt just seems to fade.
Whenever I am feeling low,
He helps me not to feel so bad,
He makes my life worth living,
Jesus really makes me glad!
He's always there when you need a friend,
On Jesus you can always depend;
When you take your problems to Him,
He gives you peace and joy within.
It's nice talking to Jesus,
Because he understands what you need,
If you have sadness in your heart,
He will help you out indeed!
I'm glad I know Jesus,
Because now I have eternal life,
I'll be up there in Heaven,
Where there will be love and no strife.
So if you are not saved
And you want to know this friend,
Ask Jesus to come into your life,
And your broken heart He will mend.
--David Holt Boshart, Jr.

STANDING FIRM IN THE STORM
Is my Savior and guide:
As I'm sinking He holds out His hand.
Though I'm tossed to and fro
As I walk thru the waves,
If there's one who can save me, He can.
In the dark of despair,
I turn my head, He is there,
And again I am able to stand.
Joy returns to my soul,
By His grace, I am whole;
Praise His Name, for I now understand:
He alone holds my life in His hand!
As the storm fills the night,
He is still in my sight,
And I know He won't leave me to fail.
When it seems I can't stand,
"Peace, be still" He commands,
And the storm stops its endless travail.
As the night turns to day,
I rejoice and I pray,
Giving thanks I am able to stand.
Joy returns to my soul:
I am free! I am whole!
As the night turns to day,
I rejoice and I pray,
Giving thanks I am able to stand.
Joy returns to my soul:
I am free! I am whole!
--Elton Smith & Larry Holder

You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being. Revelation 4:11

Have mercy on me, O God, According to your great compassion blot out all my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:1-2

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ... Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:2-4

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the person of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. Ephesians 6:18-19

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:2

THREE BULLETS AND GOD
There once was a man who had nothing for his family to eat. He had an old rifle and three bullets. So, he decided that he would go out hunting and kill some wild game for dinner. As he went down the road, he saw a rabbit. He shot at the rabbit and missed it. The rabbit ran away. Then he saw a squirrel and fired a shot at the squirrel and missed it. The squirrel disappeared into a hole in a cottonwood tree. As he went further, he saw a large wild Tom turkey in the tree, but he had only one bullet remaining. A voice spoke to him and said, "Pray first, aim high and stay focused." However, at the same time, he saw a deer which was a better kill. He brought the gun down and aimed at the deer. But, then he saw a rattlesnake between his legs about to bite him, so he naturally brought the gun down further to shoot the rattlesnake. Still, the voice said again to him, "I said 'Pray, Aim high and Stay focused." So, the man decided to listen to God's voice. He prayed, then aimed the gun high up in the tree and shot the wild turkey. The bullet bounced off the turkey and killed the deer. The handle fell off the gun and hit the snake in the head and killed it. And, when the gun had gone off, it knocked him into a pond. When he stood up to look around, he had fish in all his pockets, a dead deer and a turkey to eat for his family. The snake (satan) was dead simply because the man listened to God. Moral of the story: Pray first before you do anything, aim and shoot high in your goals, and stay focused on God. --Author Unknown

FLOATING HOUSE
On several occasions I have seen houses moved on land, but never before have I seen one moved across the water. I observed
this recently, and it was surely a strange sight for me to behold. The house was a two story wooden structure, balancing precisely
on two large pontoons. It was being moved through the water by a small tug boat. As I watched its excursion through the water, it became stuck on a sandbar. The little tugboat did all it could to move or maneuver it, but to no avail. Before long, two more boats arrived on the scene to assist the stranded vessel. They succeeded in their endeavor, and the house on pontoons moved along. I wondered where it was going, and how it would be anchored when it got there.
Like the boat-afloat, people can be moving along in life at a comfortable pace. Before we know it, we too, can become stuck on a sandbar of life. It can happen in a flash- and then we may be completely immobilized, unable to move in any direction. Someone may come along and help push or pull us off this uncomfortable spot, or it may take a joint effort of people, circumstances, and mostly time to get us back into the waters of life.
The question is, where do we go and how are we anchored when we are finally jarred loose from the sandbar? Do we just float here and there, taking our chances to drift out to sea? Or, do we set our anchor deep and secure; knowing it will hold us steady, even if the going gets rough? We need to anchor to the Word of God, which is active and alive (Hebrews 4:12), to the throne of God, where mercy and grace abound (Hebrews 4:16), to the cross of God, where Jesus blood was shed, to the body of Christ, who encourage one another (Hebrews 10:24,25), working for God, which gives meaning, purpose and direction (Hebrews 13:16) and to Jesus, our Savior and Redeemer. He is as strong and reliable as they come, and His truths will carry us through the good times and bad. I claim Jesus as my anchor today and each day of my life. Won't you do the same? --Marion Smith

O God, thank you for your reconciling love. Help us to see that you love us in spite of our shortcomings and believe in us no matter what we do. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Hosea 4
1 Hear the word of the Lord, ye children of Israel: for the Lord hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land. 2 By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood. 3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away. 4 Yet let no man strive, nor reprove another: for thy people are as they that strive with the priest. 5 Therefore shalt thou fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother. 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. 7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame. 8 They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity. 9 And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings. 10 For they shall eat, and not have enough: they shall commit *****dom, and shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the Lord. 11 *****dom and wine and new wine take away the heart. 12 My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of *****doms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God. 13 They sacrifice upon the tops of the mountains, and burn incense upon the hills, under oaks and poplars and elms, because the shadow thereof is good: therefore your daughters shall commit *****dom, and your spouses shall commit adultery. 14 I will not punish your daughters when they commit *****dom, nor your spouses when they commit adultery: for themselves are separated with *****s, and they sacrifice with harlots: therefore the people that doth not understand shall fall. 15 Though thou, Israel, play the harlot, yet let not Judah offend; and come not ye unto Gilgal, neither go ye up to Bethaven, nor swear, The Lord liveth. 16 For Israel slideth back as a backsliding heifer: now the Lord will feed them as a lamb in a large place. 17 Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone. 18 Their drink is sour: they have committed *****dom continually: her rulers with shame do love, Give ye. 19 The wind hath bound her up in her wings, and they shall be ashamed because of their sacrifices.

Dear God, our lives are like grass that soon withers. Come into our hearts and fill our lives with your eternal presence, love, forgiveness, and grace, through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply