Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 31

A Prayer to Follow the Star

Lord, may I be like the Wise Men who were guided to you by the Star of Bethlehem. Give me the wisdom to seek you, a light to guide me to you, the courage and persistence to search until I find you, the graciousness to worship you and the generosity to lay my gift before you, who is my King and my God for ever and ever. Amen.

God, Make me perfect in every good work to do your will, working in me that which is well pleasing in your sight; through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

To the glory of the Father I welcome you, Holy Spirit. I’m so grateful that You are my Helper as I prepare for the New Year. I humble myself before You asking for Divine Guidance. In Jesus’ name I commit myself anew to Your plans and purposes, that I might run the full race completing the destiny to which You have called me. I trust in You, Lord, I put my full confidence in You and Your word, and delight myself in You. Father-God, be glorified in my life throughout the coming year as never before, in Jesus name. Amen.

Psalm 37:3-5; Isaiah 26:4; James 4:10

Dear Lord, how can I really know You if I don't take time to study Your Word, or to listen for the leading of the Holy Spirit? ... In this coming New Year, help me to spend some time each day in quiet meditation, lest the noise and distractions of my world obscure altogether Your "still small voice."

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, as I look to the past days, I feel much of my happiness and much of my misery has come from my own choice. May I be more watchful of my standards and less wasteful of my time, and keep a poise in life that will leave a memory of well-spent days. For the year that has passed and for its blessings I thank thee. Amen.

God our Father, we give thanks for all that has been and, trustfully, we place the past into your hands. We ask you to inspire us in the year ahead to seek and fulfil your will. May we truly look on each new day as the start of the rest of our lives. Enable us, with the power of your Spirit, to remain positive and confident, and live fully and joyfully with those people you have placed into our lives. Lead us to bring out the best in one another that we may all grow as the people you call us to be. Amen

Lord, you call us not to get too set in our ways, but to be trustful and faithful, seeing the need for the on-going process of being renewed and revitalized. Repeatedly you call each one of us to be ‘born again’, to start anew, to ‘repent’, to review priorities and reorientate the direction of our lives. Give us the fullness of your Spirit that we may live as you would have us live. Amen

Filling the Earth with God's Goodness

Philemon 1-16

Dear Father, bestower of freedom,

Thank you for the love and the faith which you have put in your people. Please help them share this with each other and with the world. Let this promote the knowledge of all the good that is ours in Christ Jesus. Put such joy in our hearts and such gladness on our faces that people will want to know what makes us happy.

Help each of us to render such help and comfort, expressing our love, that the hearts of all your holy people will be refreshed. Help us not to make demands on each other, but to entreat, seeking consent, so that the good we ask from others might not be given through compulsion but through free will. Help us to bind up broken relationships. Help us to be willing to step into the breach, to enable others to make amends, even if it costs us money, effort, or time.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with our spirits. In his name I ask. Amen.

“A Prayer For Assurance For The New Year”

Father, though there is much yet to be revealed concerning Your plan for our lives, we’ve been entrusted with a lifetime of inspired Scripture that guides us each day on our earthly journey. As we walk in unity with You we find You to be the Navigator who directs our paths according to Your Word and in accordance with Your individual plan for our lives. In the midst of tumult or uncertainty Your assurance is our anchor that holds us steady and firm. In the midst of change You are the changeless One. Thank Your for being that great certainty in our lives. Amen.

In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded. But you remain the same, and your years will never end. Psalm 102:25–27, NIV

Lord our God, thank you for letting your light shine every day of every year. Thank you that we may always lift our eyes to you, whose right hand will bring true order to everything, even in difficult times. Give our hearts the strength to be faithful in this age, the strength to glorify you. For you remain, no matter what happens on earth. You are our God. You have sent us the Savior and we can draw close to you. Your promise to us stands firm, the promise that your day with its truth and justice shall come, to the honor of your name. May many people turn their hearts to you; may they worship you and call to you for help, to the glory of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father, Thank you for this beautiful day. As I breath in the fresh air, please help me never forget that each day is a gift and that someday this beauty will be gone from my eyes.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply