Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #25
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Be, do and have

"Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you love to do, in order to have what you want."

-- Margaret Young

The formula for success is Be, Do, Have. If we seek abundance, we must be abundant in spirit. We can begin to cultivate spiritual wealth by opening our hearts in gratitude.

Start a gratitude journal today. Each evening, write down at least 5 things for which you are grateful. This simple tool will help you open your eyes to the abundance of your world right now.

"Who does not thank for little will not thank for much."

-- Estonian proverb

- Higher Awarenes
It is the little things that I am grateful for today. Before recovery they were big things, and I often hear people say, it is the little things that irritate them in sobriety.

i.e. Standing in line at the grocery store, waiting for an automatic door to open, wait for a pot to boil, waiting for time to elapse, waiting for a telephone call, and the list goes on and on.

When I find myself in this position, I use the time to stop and connect with my HP and ask for the patience and tolerance I need in the moment. The Serenity Prayer has saved many an instances where I might have flown off the handle in those old patterns and behaviors.

Thank God for recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply