Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - August 12

We have many shortcomings and frequently fail at our endeavors. However, when this happens we must never think that God cannot use us. Through God’s strength and power, we can achieve all that we are called to do.

We can rely on God’s strength today.

If we want to know Christ better and reflect Christ to the world, we can start by being still and seeking the peace that passes all understanding in our hearts. In this way we will be better able to share that peace with the world.

Blessed with the freedom of acceptance and secure in God’s promise never to reject us, we can excel. We are beloved children of God, cheering one another on toward final victory.

The best way for us to weed our thoughts is to start each day focused on Bible reading and prayer. Setting our minds on God’s truth first thing in the morning acts as a protective shield throughout the day. When negative thoughts arise, God’s promises help us to recognize them and gives us strength to remain focused on God’s truth. Staying focused on God’s truth helps us to think clearly.

Your Heavenly Father will never let you down!

God's word is nectar for the hungry soul.

It is in the silence of the heart that God speaks. --Mother Teresa

The Blackbird by Rosemary Hagedorn
The air was warm, and a gentle breeze caressed my face. I was sitting in a recliner on the back porch of our house. Our view is amazing: pine trees, oak trees, and other tall trees surround the backyard property. As I was relaxing, I noticed a blackbird perched at the very top of a tree. The wind was blowing the tree's branch, rocking the bird back and forth. I found it amazing that the bird didn't just drop off, and it seemed to me as if the bird and the tree branch were one, dancing to some unheard musical piece.
This wonderful event reminded me that God is with us through times of dancing, when everything is good.
As I continued to watch, I noticed that big, puffy, rain clouds were rolling in. The sky turned black. My friend, the blackbird, flew into the bush. Then the rain came down in buckets.
This turn of events reminded me that God is also with us through times of sorrow and distress.
Philippians 4:6 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (NIV)
Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (NIV)
Are you facing storm clouds in your life today? Do you feel that no one cares, and that everything is being dropped onto your shoulders? Remember the One Who cares about you and is waiting for you to share your anxieties and frustrations with Him.
Prayer: Dearest Jesus, remind us that You are always with us. All we have to do is talk with You and listen. Grant us Your peace that goes beyond human understanding. Amen.

ANSWERED PRAYER Author Unknown
A voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea and only two of the men on it were able to swim to a small, desert like island. The two survivors, not knowing what else to do, agreed that they had no other recourse but to pray to God. However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful, they agreed to divide the territory between them and stay on opposite sides of the island.
The first thing they prayed for was food. - The next morning, the first man saw a fruit-bearing tree on his side of the land, and he was able to eat its fruit. The other man's parcel of land remained barren.
After a week, the first man was lonely and he decided to pray for a wife. The next day, another ship was wrecked, and the only survivor was a woman who swam to his side of the land. On the other side of the island, there was nothing.
Soon the first man prayed for a house, clothes, more food. - The next day, like magic, all of these were given to him. However, the second man still had nothing.
Finally, the first man prayed for a ship, so that he and his wife could leave the island. - In the morning, he found a ship docked at his side of the island. The first man boarded the ship with his wife and decided to leave the second man on the island. He considered the other man unworthy to receive God's blessings, since none of his prayers had been answered.
As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a voice from heaven booming, "Why are you leaving your companion on the island?" "My blessings are mine alone, since I was the one who prayed for them," the first man answered. "His prayers were all unanswered and so he does not deserve anything."
"You are mistaken!" the voice rebuked him. "He had only one prayer, which I answered. If not for that, you would not have received any of my blessings."
"Tell me," the first man asked the voice, "What did he pray for that I should owe him anything?"
"He prayed that all your prayers be answered."
For all we know, our blessings are not the fruits of our prayers alone, but those of another praying for us.

Although I had made a sincere effort to change my life and nurture a relationship with God, I felt unworthy. I was constantly trying to show God how good I could be. Any time I faltered, I magnified the transgression way out of proportion. If my thoughts wandered in prayer, I felt unworthy. If I got angry or had an unkind thought, I felt unworthy. If I failed to constantly love everyone around me, I felt unworthy. I tried to deal with every sin myself and wouldn't turn to God's forgiveness because I didn't feel worthy. I believed that God forgave because I was trying to be good (and only when I succeeded) until my pastor pointed out that, in fact, God forgives because God is good. My pastor also said that if I was waiting to be worthy of God, I would have to wait forever because none of us can ever be worthy.
The words of my pastor helped me to realize that the best I or anyone can do is to try to follow Christ's example and live in God's presence. God knows my heart and is merciful. God loves me not because of what I do or don't do but simply because God is love. --D. D. Emmons

Loaded Laws
A person who says it can't be done is likely to be interrupted by someone doing it.
When you were a child, did you sing, "Running over, running over; my cup is full and running over..." Can you still say it? Is your cup of life's satisfactions full and running over? I hope so. Do you reflect on God's blessings in your life and remember to thank him?
An attitude of gratefulness goes a long way toward giving you a positive outlook on life in general. Developing a positive attitude makes a world of difference when you come up against one of those glitches that pounce on all of us occasionally.
If dealing with the grumblies has you in a negative mode, try expressing gratitude to others, even for little things. Try just saying "thank you" more often and put some feeling into it. It will make others perk up, and it will have the same effect on you.
Psalm 119:108 (nlt), "LORD, accept my grateful thanks and teach me your laws." It's interesting that the Psalmist gave thanks and asks to know more of God's laws in the same breath. We tend to think of God's laws as oppressive instead of realizing the laws are loaded with blessings. --Dave George

Name Dropping
People love to name-drop. It's a natural instinct. It seems to boost our self image when we can boast of knowing someone famous. Some do it rarely while others make it a firmly entrenched habit to the point of being obnoxious about it. Very few people know it, but I met and shook hands with Leonard Bernstein when I installed an organ for a concert that he conducted. I'll never forget his frail and delicate hands. There, that makes me an official name-dropper.
Romans 5 :11 (nlt) says, "So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God--all because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us in making us friends of God." That is the ultimate name-dropping -- to say we are a personal friend of God. Wow! But before you start bragging about that, remember that the verse says, "because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us..."
To even think that I can be called a friend of God, blows my mind. What did I do to deserve that relationship? Nothing, and yet He loves me just as He does you. That is a humbling thought that makes me totally grateful. How about you? --Dave George

Guidance Author Unknown
When I thought about the word guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like
dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky. When one person relaxes and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other. My eyes drew back to the word guidance. When I saw "G," I thought of God, followed by "U" and "I." God, "U" and "I" dance. God, you and I dance. This statement is what guidance means to me. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead. --Author

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Let your light shine in the midst of a dark and crooked generation. You can't change the atmosphere of the whole earth, but you can make a difference in your sphere of influence. Refuse to allow evil to rule where you have spiritual authority, says the Lord. Be righteous in all things. Isaiah 60:2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you.

Put away from you the things that prevent your coming to Me in simplicity of faith. I speak of those things that you stress over and worry about. You must let go of everything that hinders your walk in the Spirit. You cannot live in fear and be in the Spirit at the same time. You must choose the better position in order to have sweet communion with Me, says the Lord. Galatians 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

When life's circumstances become too complicated and convoluted, you must get back to basics. It is time to get back to the word of God and redemption through the Cross of Calvary. Establish yourself again in things that actually matter in terms of eternity. Refocus and regain your sense of simplicity, says the Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Be especially diligent to be aware of opportunities that arise to cause you to be insecure or feel powerless. Any place of unworthiness in you will cause you to vacillate between My acceptance and condemnation. I have not rejected nor abandoned you. You are Mine, and I am your place of strength and security, says the Lord. Yield to My mercy and grace, which is sufficient for any situation. 2 Corinthians 12:9a And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

The old season is beginning to wind down. This process has to be complete before you gear up for the next move of My Spirit, says the Lord. This is a time to clean up and clear up lingering issues of the past two years in order to be ready for what is next. Search your heart and mind to know what needs to be done. Galatians 6:4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I am revealing Myself to you as the Morning Star. Indeed, I speak of the brightness of the revelation that I shall bring at this time. Look for the treasures that have been hidden in darkness. Watch for what I show you to come to pass. I ask you, "What is it that you see? What is it that you understand? What is it that you know about what I am showing you?" You will have to think about your answers. But, you shall come forth strengthened in your relationship with Me, says the Lord. Walk with Me. For this purpose you were created.

The Lord does not distinguish us
By age, race or sex
We are all His children
One and the same
We are brothers and sisters
Put here to do His will
To lift each other up
Together we spread His love and word
Written by: Tammy B 7/26/02

Today, when I am talking to God,
I won't list the things I need done.
I'll kneel in prayer, know He's there,
and thank Him for His Son.
Terri

Lord, into Your hands I place this day,
All that I have and do and say;
Oh, grant that every hour be filled
With thoughts and actions You have willed. --Green

Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Be still, and know that I am God. - Psalm 46:10

You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. -1 Peter 2:9

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things. - Philippians 4:8

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. - Romans 12:11

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. 1 John 3:1-3

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." Romans 1:16-17

Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth. Serve the LORD with
gladness; come before Him with joyful singing. Psalm 100:1-2

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:28-31

We Will Overcome
As we continue to believe and trust in Christ alone, we WILL overcome!
God's Word contains many passages which encourage us in our struggles. Paul tells us to "press on toward the goal" (Philippians 3:14), "run a good race" (Galatians 5:7), and "fight the good fight" (2 Timothy 4:7). Each of these acknowledge the struggle and exhort us to keep moving forward. But there are times we become weary and even the thought of pressing, running, or fighting becomes difficult. Yet, we know we must endure - we must overcome!
Revelation 2:7 - "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."
In the second and third chapters of Revelation, John is simply dictating the words spoken by Jesus. In these two chapters, Jesus speaks seven times about "him who overcomes." Each time there is a gift or reward for the one who is "successful" and overcomes. This is certainly good motivation for us to endure, but the question still remains: How can we overcome as our strength begins to fade?
John knew what it took to overcome. Several years earlier, he had written a letter to encourage believers to stay committed and to give the assurance of eternal life. He also specified exactly who would overcome: "Everyone born of God overcomes the world... Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God" (1 John 5:4-5). Read this carefully and rejoice! Those who believe are those who will overcome!!
We must endure and overcome the world, but our faith in Jesus and NOT our strength is what allows us to endure. There are times we must run and times we must fight - times we will be called to be a mighty warrior for the Lord. But there are also times when we are terribly weak, times of great tribulation, times we must grab on to Jesus and allow HIS strength to carry us through the storm. These are times we will need to simply hold on!
When the battle seems unbearable, "Hold on to what you have - I {Jesus} am coming soon" (Revelation 3:11). When we feel surrounded by evil and the darkness is closing in, "Hold on to the good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21). And when we become overwhelmed with doubt and fear, "Hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast" (Hebrews 3:6).
When we are weary in the storm, let's take comfort in the peaceful waters ahead. Let's fix our eyes on Jesus and hold on...He will never let us go. He has given His Children a wonderful promise: as we continue to believe and trust Him with all our heart, we WILL overcome! Have a Christ Centered Day! Steve Troxel

Dear Father, Help us to remember that we can rely on your strength to accomplish what you call us to do. Thank you for giving us your word of truth to lead us and to guide us in following your will. Shine on our hungry souls and clear our spiritual view. Deepen our understanding so we may be more obedient to your will and word. Help us understand that you never tire of loving us, never tire of forgiving us. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 27
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. 4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple. 5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord. 7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek. 9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. 10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up. 11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. 12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. 13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Dear Lord, Calm us so that we can find your peace for ourselves and then share it with others around us. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply