Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Finding power in your faith to overcome

For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5:4-5
I remember when I was growing up in our little church in Arkansas, I would always look forward to those four times a year when we received Sunday school quarterlies for kids. In them, they had all kinds of activities and coloring pages for kids to learn about the Bible.

I’ll never forget one page I colored in one of those little books from the story of Daniel and the den of lions. One thing that I distinctly remember about the picture is Daniel’s posture. As he was kneeling in the den with the lions surrounding him, he had his hands behind him, his shoulders back, his head erect, and a peaceful look on his face.

I remember thinking, even as a little boy, “What faith!” When someone can look at the very things that want to devour him and trust in the Lord with all confidence, that’s a person who knows what it means to have faith.

This kind of faith isn’t just for Daniel, Moses, the apostle Paul, or Jesus. This faith can be your faith too. So when your enemies seek to devour you, don’t fret. Trust in God. When you hit hard times, don’t worry. Trust God. Have faith in every circumstance that by God’s power, you can overcome!

THE FAITH OF THE HEROES OF THE BIBLE CAN BE YOUR FAITH TOO. SO WHEN HARD TIMES HIT, TRUST IN GOD AND YOU WILL OVERCOME.

Jack Graham
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply