Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 11/1

When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find out that God is all you need.

If we love God and are faithful to Him, we shall be at peace, and this peace shall endure. --St. Madeleine Sophie Barat

God is at work in us, creating a masterpiece of love.

Live in such a way that those who know you but don’t know God will come to know God because they know you. --Unknown

"But then one day I found the water that I had sought for. Like the hart found that brook in the forest, so my heart found God! I discovered, as the woman at the well did, that Jesus is the water that we all thirst for. He's what keeps our spirit from drying up and burning to a crisp. Blessed be God who satisfies the thirst of His people! --Taken from the book "Over The Misty Mountains"

I hope you'll remember today that God is there,
giving you His love and care.
He's lending you His strength, sending many blessings your way,
and giving you the gift of a bright new day.

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

Be Still And Know That I Am GOD! I cannot stress enough how wonderful this is. It is so simple, yet we make it so difficult. Take the time to make a difference in your life. And, believe me, this will. Simply empty yourself of all that is around you and be still before Him, He will show up and you will NEVER be the same again.

Lord Prop Us Up on the Leaning Side Author Unknown
Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old fellow who always prayed, "Lord, prop us up on our leaning side." After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently.
He answered, "Well sir, you see, it’s like this . . . I got an old barn out back. It’s been there a long time. It’s withstood a lot of weather, it’s gone through a lot of storms, and it’s stood for many years. It’s still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to one side a bit. So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn’t fall.
Then I got to thinking about how much I was like that old barn. I’ve been around a long time. I’ve withstood a lot of life’s storms, and I’ve withstood a lot of bad weather in life, I’ve withstood a lot of hard times, and I’m still standing, too. But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop me up on my leaning side.
I figure a lot of us get to leaning at times. Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness, leaning toward hatred, leaning toward cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn’t. So we need to pray, "Lord, prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight and tall again to glorify You.”
We need You, Lord, to give us the strength to stand whenever we get out of balance. In those times, “Lord, prop us up on our leaning side.”
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

Morning Glory by Sally I Kennedy
In the morning, oh Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
Some people seem to be born "morning people", and others not. I'm one of the 'nots'. So even though I kept meaning to walk over and take a photo of the morning glory vines nearby, it was nearly noon before I got over there.
When I'd seen them earlier, they were so beautiful, full out, a vibrant periwinkle blue on bright green leaves, stretching from the planter box downstairs all the way up to the second story balcony. In the heat of mid-day, the vines were still there, but the flowers had closed. The glory of these lovely flowers was in the morning.
The book of Psalms has always been a source of inspiration and comfort to me. Something in my spirit and soul begins to calm down and become serene when I read or listen to the Psalms.
The Bible speaks of praying in the morning. Of course you can pray anytime - which is great! But there is something about praying in the morning that is special. Even before getting out of bed.
This timeless confession, by David, the "man after God's own heart" (Acts 13:22, 1 Samuel 13:14), is good for me to heed, each and every morning: "In the morning, oh Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

Making a Way by Sally I Kennedy
I will.. make a way Isaiah 43:19
A peaceful little park was just up at the end of the street, so I strolled up to check out the view of the water. What a surprise to see a small pod of dolphins, there in the early morning surf. In what seemed like slow motion, they moved through the waters, rolling in sync. I stood, mesmerized by the grace of beauty of God's creation.
As I sat on a nearby bench, the humming of a little bee caught my eye. A yellow jacket, maybe? It landed next to a small hole, then wiggled backwards and flicked away the sand with its legs.
The hole became larger with each flick of the insect's legs. When he disappeared, I stuck a twig down the hole and it was fairly deep. Maybe it was a way to make a nest, or perhaps a way to hide from the day's heat?
That little bee was a strong kicker. I thought about how sometimes I kick my heels, or drag my feet, and stir up some dust, try to make a way for something I want to happen, or fix.
These are lyrics from a p/w song Don Moen sang: God can make a way, where there seems to be no way, He works in ways we cannot see, God can make a way for me. He will be my guide, hold me closely to His side; with each new day...He will make a way.
We can always ask the Lord to make a way. He is more than able, ready and wiling; "nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)

Not the End of the Book by Monday Memo
This past summer Cris Carter was inducted into the Hall of Fame -- an honor well deserved.
However, it didn't look like he was headed in that direction after his first few seasons in the NFL.
Carter was a talented receiver, but his early career suffered because of "off the field issues," mainly related to drug abuse.
After being cut by the Eagles, he was picked up by the Vikings. About this time, Cris got serious about following Christ. In Minnesota he began the process of turning things around personally and professionally. And what a turn-around it was: He went on to play in 8 consecutive Pro-Bowls, and broke several receiving records, becoming one of only a handful of receivers with more than 1000 career receptions.
In an interview a few days before his Hall of Fame induction ceremony, Cris had this to say:
"I wish I had done everything right. I have regrets. And when you've got a dark chapter in your life, people will try to make that the final chapter in your life. But it doesn't have to be. For me, when it got the darkest, I said 'this is not going to be the end of my book.' I was able to start making decisions and start doing the right things, and one happened after another..."
Some days it may appear that you're at the end of your book, that the way things are today are the way things will always. Don't believe it. There are chapters yet to be written. Even today you can begin making decisions to change the outcome of your story.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

A Quiet Soul by Monday Memo
William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania, said, "True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment."
Practicing silence effectively requires ... well... practice. It takes effort on your part. As Leonard Koren writes in his book Noise Reduction, "Like an unbroken horse or a spoiled child, your mind will resist any attempts to discipline it."
We are addicted to noise. All day we are besieged with sound, from the time we wake up to the sound of the alarm until we drop off to sleep at night, often with the TV in the background to "keep us company."
Try a few moments of silence each day. And begin today. Just a few minutes with no music, no radio, no TV, no conversation. Just a few moments of absolute silence in the presence of God. These moments will be like nourishment to your soul.
As David wrote, "But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me." (Psalm 131:2)
I should warn you, though. It's addicting.

It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. (Lamentations 3:26)
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. (Psalm 62:5)
"I've begun to realize that you can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and a dimension all its own." -- Chaim Potok
"Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence." -- Pythagoras
"Never miss a good chance to shut up." -- Will Rogers

Sitting On The Fence Author Unknown
There was an incredibly large group of people assembled. On one side of the group stood Jesus. On the other side of the group stood Satan. Separating them, running through the group was a fence.
The scene set, both Jesus and Satan began calling to the people in the group. One by one, each having made up his or her mind, and each went to either Jesus or Satan.
This kept going until eventually, every person in the large group had gathered in a group around either Jesus or Satan. Except one man. This man joined neither group. He climbed on the fence that was there and just sat down on it. Then Jesus and his people left and disappeared. So, too, did Satan and his people.
And the man on the fence sat alone.
As this man sat there, Satan came back, and appeared to be looking for something that he'd lost. The man said, "Have you lost something?" Satan looked straight at him and replied, "No, there you are. Come with me."
"But," said the man, "I sat on the fence. I didn't chose either you or Him.
"You don't understand." said Satan. "I own the fence."
"How long will you waver between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him...” (1 Kings 18:21)
"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15)
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." (Matthew 6:24)

Bumper Car by Joe Stowell
Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times? —Matthew 18:21
Life is a lot like “bumper cars” at an amusement park. You get in your car, knowing that you will get hit . . . you just don’t know how hard. And when you get hit, you step on the gas pedal, chase the one who has hit you, and hope to bump that person harder than they have bumped you.
That may be a fun strategy for bumper cars, but it’s a terrible strategy for life. When you get bumped in life, bumping back only escalates matters and in the end everyone suffers damage.
Jesus had a better strategy: Forgive those who have “bumped” us. Like Peter, we may wonder how many times we have to forgive. When Peter asked Jesus, “Up to seven times?” Jesus answered “Up to seventy times seven” (Matt. 18:21-22). In other words, there are no limits to grace. We should always extend a spirit of forgiveness. Why? In the story of the forgiving master, Jesus explained that we forgive not because our offenders deserve it but because we’ve been forgiven. He says, “I forgave you . . . because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?” (vv.32-33).
Since we are among those who’ve been forgiven much, let’s stop the damage and share that blessing with others.
Lord, remind us of how deeply we have offended You and how often You have extended the grace of forgiveness to us. Teach us to forgive others and to trust You to deal with those who sin against us. Forgiveness is God’s grace in action through us.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I heard the heart of God calling to us. At first, my flesh wanted to respond religiously, but when I did I could no longer hear His call. So, I went back to the place of purity in the Spirit. Then, I could hear my own heart echoing His heart, and I responded by rising up towards Him and becoming one with Him. There were no longer two hearts (His and mine), but One. After a time, this unity began to affect my body and soul with alignment, organic healing and deep, profound order. John 17:20-23 I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

Stay calm and keep your emotional responses under control. There will be opportunities to react inappropriately, but if you maintain spiritual awareness and self-control you will come through unscathed. This will also be a test to see if you will take things personally and be rejected. Instead, you must forgive quickly, receive My love, and go on. Let Me lead you to a place of security in Me, says the Lord. 2 Peter 1:5-7 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

Beloved, it would be good for you to take another look at the things you deem important. What and who do you love? What is the object of your desire? What are your goals and objectives? Now is the time to re-order your priorities so that you truly put My kingdom first and your love for Me above all else. But, you must make this choice in earnest and not as a purely religious notation, says the Lord. Then, you will be blessed in other things as well. Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

I see exploitation everywhere, and there are those who will try to take advantage of you. Be alert and set good boundaries, but I want to develop in you a generous heart so that even when injustice occurs you are always just. Be righteous and allow My love to flow through you as a witness of My kingdom, says the Lord. Psalms 106:3 Blessed are those who keep justice, and he who does righteousness at all times!

Beloved, take the time to get in touch with what has inspired you to live for Me, says the Lord. Use this memory to be revitalized in the Spirit and to awaken a fresh enthusiasm for My kingdom. Darkness has increased in the world and in the natural realm, but you must rise above all that is temporary to find and maintain all that is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

In a vision I was looking through a small rectangular window at a starry sky, and I watched the moon begin to rise above the horizon. I realized that it was a full moon, coming into full view, and giving its full light. It was so bright that the stars were eclipsed by its light. And, I heard the Lord say, "Behold My Church! She is rising to her manifest destiny. Her light is the reflection of My glory." Ephesians 4:13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

I saw a house that had been ravaged by storms. The outside structure was still intact and the foundation was firm, but the inside of the house needed to be completely restored. I then saw builders come in and tear out all that had been damaged and construct a new and better interior. It was beautiful and so much better than what had been destroyed. And, the Lord said: There has been much chaos and destruction that has challenged your very existence in some cases. But, I have allowed this for the sake of establishing strength and order in every area of your life. Jeremiah 31:28 "And it shall come to pass, that as I have watched over them to pluck up, to break down, to throw down, to destroy, and to afflict, so I will watch over them to build and to plant, says the LORD.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
It’s important in this season what and who you believe. Whose report will you believe? Will you believe what man has said? Will you believe what the devil has said? Or, will you believe what your Father has said? Will you believe the prophetic word and that which He is bringing forth now? Will you make it your own? Will you establish it in your heart? Will you allow it to become the symphony that moves you? Will you allow God’s presence to come because you have asked and because you have believed that? So, again, which report will you believe? If you will believe Me and My word you will become that overcomer that is spoken of, and you will have My blessings in this season. Let it be so among My people, says the Lord, Most High.

The Lord says to many of you: "You are better than you think you are. You are a far greater benefit than you think you are. You have not failed. For, I am with you and I am guiding you. You are a blessed one. You are a royal diadem. You are a jewel in My hand. So, you’ve been through the fire, but the fire is that which makes the jewel strong; it brings forth the beauty of that stone; it releases the power of My kingdom. So, change your mind today. Do not believe what has been spoken of you by others or by the evil one, or even by your own reckoning. Believe in this moment that I know you. I have not forgotten you. You belong to Me, and I belong to you. So, change your countenance and become happy in My kingdom—full of joy, full of blessing, full of that which I have put in you."

I am going to allow My anointing to touch you and allow the rivers of anointing to come alive within you and begin to flow. Out of that flow shall come great joy and great hope and great understanding. This anointing is to restore you. Rise up and receive that which I am doing, and dwell fully in My kingdom. Be restored this moment, says the Lord.

I Found You Again by Virginia Santoro
The world was getting crowded,
boxing me in on every side.
I no longer could tell where I was,
everything changed before my eyes.
People who were always reliable...
began to act unpredictably.
The places I went to for comfort...
no longer held familiarity.
With transformation all around me,
I only wished for it to stop.
Somehow I realized it never would;
instead I turned to look inside.
To my heart's delight, I found You again...
You never changed, nor went away.
Whatever happens out there, although I'll surely care...
with You, it will always be more than okay.

Joy & Appreciation by Virginia Santoro
Lately I'm realizing how much of a gift life is to me.
Even the simplest things I take for granted ~ like being able to breathe.
With many choking back the smoke, and gasping for clean air...
how blessed am I to breathe deep breaths without even a care.
To know you and enjoy you an indescribable, great joy...
while many have no friends in life ~ such lonely girls and boys.
The place where I find comfort, the house I've made my home...
so many search for shelter, with no address of their own.
How fortunate that I can write this poem today to you...
the others who can't read or write ~ what are they to do?
What will I make for breakfast ~ the choices so many...
how many beg their daily bread with not a thing to eat?
Joy and appreciation are what I'm feeling about life...
Lord, show me how to share my Good ~
and spread Your Joy around.

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. James 4:7-8

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." James 4:13-15

My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:1-6

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Ephesians 5:8-10

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone. Titus 3:4-8

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. Romans 15:7

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4

I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. Psalm 34:1-3

Frayed by Sally I. Kennedy
..that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19
Puffs of cottony clouds were dotting the azure sky backdrop. I watched from the porch for a few minutes, pausing to take in the peace and the beauty.
Suddenly those beautiful solid looking clouds, that appeared so compact, began to fray at the edges. It appeared as though something were tugging at the outsides. The center core of the clouds stayed intact.
Frayed. How it feels when having it “all together” disintegrates and we begin to come apart. For me that is the time to get back to basics…take some time to check priorities, take an inventory/spiritual re-evaluation, and with God’s help see what is going on that I might need to address or change.
I may become frayed from time to time, yet I won’t unravel all the way with Christ at the core. Circumstances and people may pull on the edges, but “frayed” won’t turn into a terminal condition.

Father, God bless all my friends in whatever it is that You know they may be needing this day! And may their life be full of your peace, prosperity and power as he/she seeks to have a closer relationship with you. Amen

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 23
The Divisions of the Levites
1 So when David was old and full of days, he made his son Solomon king over Israel. 2 And he gathered together all the leaders of Israel, with the priests and the Levites. 3 Now the Levites were numbered from the age of thirty years and above; and the number of individual males was thirty-eight thousand. 4 Of these, twenty-four thousand were to look after the work of the house of the Lord, six thousand were officers and judges, 5 four thousand were gatekeepers, and four thousand praised the Lord with musical instruments, “which I made,” said David, “for giving praise.” 6 Also David separated them into divisions among the sons of Levi: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari. 7 Of the Gershonites: Laadan and Shimei. 8 The sons of Laadan: the first Jehiel, then Zetham and Joel—three in all. 9 The sons of Shimei: Shelomith, Haziel, and Haran—three in all. These were the heads of the fathers’ houses of Laadan. 10 And the sons of Shimei: Jahath, Zina, Jeush, and Beriah. These were the four sons of Shimei. 11 Jahath was the first and Zizah the second. But Jeush and Beriah did not have many sons; therefore they were assigned as one father’s house. 12 The sons of Kohath: Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel—four in all. 13 The sons of Amram: Aaron and Moses; and Aaron was set apart, he and his sons forever, that he should sanctify the most holy things, to burn incense before the Lord, to minister to Him, and to give the blessing in His name forever. 14 Now the sons of Moses the man of God were reckoned to the tribe of Levi. 15 The sons of Moses were Gershon and Eliezer. 16 Of the sons of Gershon, Shebuel was the first. 17 Of the descendants of Eliezer, Rehabiah was the first. And Eliezer had no other sons, but the sons of Rehabiah were very many. 18 Of the sons of Izhar, Shelomith was the first. 19 Of the sons of Hebron, Jeriah was the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel the third, and Jekameam the fourth. 20 Of the sons of Uzziel, Michah was the first and Jesshiah the second. 21 The sons of Merari were Mahli and Mushi. The sons of Mahli were Eleazar and Kish. 22 And Eleazar died, and had no sons, but only daughters; and their brethren, the sons of Kish, took them as wives. 23 The sons of Mushi were Mahli, Eder, and Jeremoth—three in all. 24 These were the sons of Levi by their fathers’ houses—the heads of the fathers’ houses as they were counted individually by the number of their names, who did the work for the service of the house of the Lord, from the age of twenty years and above. 25 For David said, “The Lord God of Israel has given rest to His people, that they may dwell in Jerusalem forever”; 26 and also to the Levites, “They shall no longer carry the tabernacle, or any of the articles for its service.” 27 For by the last words of David the Levites were numbered from twenty years old and above; 28 because their duty was to help the sons of Aaron in the service of the house of the Lord, in the courts and in the chambers, in the purifying of all holy things and the work of the service of the house of God, 29 both with the showbread and the fine flour for the grain offering, with the unleavened cakes and what is baked in the pan, with what is mixed and with all kinds of measures and sizes; 30 to stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord, and likewise at evening; 31 and at every presentation of a burnt offering to the Lord on the Sabbaths and on the New Moons and on the set feasts, by number according to the ordinance governing them, regularly before the Lord; 32 and that they should attend to the needs of the tabernacle of meeting, the needs of the holy place, and the needs of the sons of Aaron their brethren in the work of the house of the Lord.

Thank You, Lord, for Your Word, which is a lamp to my feet, and for Your Holy Spirit, Who will guide me into all truth. Open my eyes that I may see myself as You see me. Then enable me to walk as a child of light.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply