Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Do you need to recharge your batteries?

Sisters in Christ Worldwide

1YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

When I was a new believer in Christ I didn’t read out of my bible. I had one, but it was pretty much for emergencies only. I didn’t think I needed to read my bible since I was going to church every Sunday, but I soon noticed how drained I felt half way through my week. Sunday couldn’t come soon enough.

For a long time I didn’t quite understand what was going on but it became more and more obvious that I could hardly make it though one week before I needed to get recharged, hear the word of God again, get a little closer to Him again.

My church is about an hour away so going on Wednesday nights was not an option for me at all. Still, it never occurred to me that I could recharge myself on a daily basis. I didn’t have to wait for church to get a dose of His word.

And “Jesus answered, ‘It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:4.

So I started to read my bible not just in emergencies, but whenever I needed to get recharged. My schedule was busy though and reading my bible was not yet a priority for me at that point so a lot of times I noticed how my batteries were draining and I knew I had to get some alone time in with my bible, but I just couldn’t find the time for it.

When I told God about my problem, and how I just couldn’t fit everything into my schedule, I felt better. Just by talking to Him.

It took me a while to figure out that in prayer I was also able to live on every word that comes out of the mouth of God. I instantly started to feel better. My energy levels were up. I didn’t let myself get drained like that anymore, because I found time all throughout my day to pray to God. Mainly in the car on my way to work, but even there under my breath I prayed a lot.

It felt so good to connect with God, to have conversations with Him, to learn from Him and about Him in every way I could. I know had my church that I attended, my bible that I read several times a week, and my daily conversations with God. I felt great.

Every now and then anxiety would get the best of me and even though I did all those things to live on the word of God, I still ended up feeling the life drain out of me. But I knew what to do. I stopped whatever I was doing at the moment, went outside, or even just to the bathroom and talked to God for a minute and just like that I was plugged in again and my batteries were recharging.

Do you need to recharge your batteries? Plug into God and He will take care of you.

Jelena Anderson

“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” ~Albert Schweitzer~

Lord, thank You for Your word. I pray that You will help me prioritize my day in a way that I will always have time for You. Help me to come to You when I feel overwhelmed, so that You can strengthen me again. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply