Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Cobwebs and Illusions

Quote:
Food for Thought

March 26

Cobwebs and Illusions

We compulsive overeaters react to refined sugar and starches as an alcoholic reacts to alcohol. When we were overeating, our thinking was foggy. The more we ate, the more confused we became. We often lived in a world of cobwebs and illusions and were unable to separate fact from fantasy.

This cloudy thinking caused all sorts of complications in our relationships with others and lowered our general level of efficiency. We found ourselves becoming very angry and irrational when events did not go our way. We often made life miserable for our families, taking out our anger on them. Sometimes we escaped into a world of fantasy where we would be omnipotent and where our every whim would be indulged.

When we came to OA and began to practice rigorous honesty, we discovered that in order to be honest we had to abstain from the kind of eating which confused our thinking. It is amazing how abstinence can clear away cobwebs and illusions!

Thank You, Lord, for sanity.
The readings are always good. Some just seem to jump out at you and grab you. The one that really spoke to me is this one from Food for Thought.

Yet having said that, as it says, it could be talking about when I was using alcohol and pills. It isn't about the substance, it all leads to the same soul sickness. The problem is me. I have Fibro Fog due to Fibromyalgia, and whatever causes that 'fog' isn't the issue, it is what I do with it when it appears. It is about turning to my Higher Power for clarity and enlightenment to ask for help to clear away any cobwebs and illusion.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply