Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - April 1

God has deposited love, joy, prosperity, peace, laughter, plus all kinds of blessings in your ATM account. Withdraw without limit. Your six-digit pin code is p-r-a-y-e-r.

I ask Him daily and often momently to give me wisdom, understanding and bodily strength to do His will, hence I am asking and receiving all the time. -- George Washington Carver

Satan pushes and condemns. God draws and encourages, and with time and experience we learn the difference. -- Richard Foster

Submerge as much of your day as you can, to make it your invisible keel, by eliminating less important things. You need time to look into the face of God, time to read and study his Word systematically, time to think and plan for your life, time to praise, time to intercede, time to get wisdom for handling people and for making decisions. -- Anne Ortlund

All else may change, but God remains the same.

When life seems to be at its darkest point, we can turn to God and experience new life. God can continue to transform our relationships, sense of purpose, hope, and so much more.

No matter what crisis or tragedy we may face, we know that God’s word is true.

Today and every day, God’s love and grace will sustain us.

Abiding in Jesus offers us spiritual strength. Each day, we have the opportunity to obey Jesus’ instructions to abide in him.

God’s life-giving light of love will brighten any darkness.

We can trust God in every situation.

The Bible tells us that just as parents delight in their children, God rejoices over us. The Bible promises that God’s nearness and love are constant. We can sense our Creator’s presence through any blessing that a day may bring, whether it be the companionship of a pet, the beauty of a sunrise, or a surprise visit from a friend. Even on days when nothing helps us to sense God’s love, we act on what we know to be true — that God is constant and trustworthy — and then trust that the knowledge of God’s love will follow. On days when we feel neglected or alone, the Lord’s promises bring us hope and challenge us to keep on going.

COMPASSION FOR THOSE IN NEED by Alan Smith
I'd had a pretty hectic day with my four-year-old. When bed-time finally came, I laid down the law: "We're putting on your pajamas, brushing your teeth, and reading ONE book. Then it's lights out!"
Her arms went around my neck in a gentle embrace, and she said, "We learned in Sunday school about little boys and girls who don't have mommies and daddies."
Even after I'd been such a grouch, I thought, she was still grateful to have me. I felt tears begin to well up in my eyes, and then she whispered, "Maybe you could go be THEIR mom?" (author unknown)
You would think that being aware of others who are in need would make us more appreciative for what we have, but that's not always the case. I can remembering growing up hearing those words every child (at least, every child in the United States) heard when we complained about not wanting to eat what was being served for dinner -- "You need to eat your vegetables. There are children in China who are starving right now." My first reaction was usually to think, "How is my eating this plate of food going to help them?" My second reaction was usually to think, "How about if we just stick this food in an envelope and ship it off to them?"
Unfortunately, being aware of others who are in need does not always make us more appreciative for what we have. Even though it should, it doesn't. Being aware of people in the world who are suffering famine doesn't seem to make us appreciate that we have plenty of food. Being aware of Christians in the world who are being persecuted for their faith doesn't seem to make us appreciate us that we have freedom of religion. Being aware of people in the world who have no family or friends doesn't seem to make us appreciate that we have both.
Sadly, it seems that often the only thing that makes us appreciate something is having it removed from our own lives for a while. Think about it. When do you most appreciate the fact that you enjoy electricity and running water? I'm guessing (if you're like me) that it's after you've had one or the other unavailable for a while.
In the prophets, over and over, God rebuked his people for ignoring the needs of people all around them. Perhaps more than any other sin, the Israelites were guilty of a lack of compassion:
"Woe to you....who lie in beds of ivory, stretch out on your couches, eat lambs from the flock and calves from the midst of the stall....who drink wine from bowls, and anoint yourselves with the best ointments, but are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph." (Amos 6:3-4,6)
Open your eyes to the needs of those around you. Take advantage of opportunities to help those whom you can. And allow the needs of others to cause you to reflect on how blessed you are, and the responsibility you have to use what God has blessed you with in a way that will glorify Him. Have a great day!

System Maintenance Author Unknown
My computer has a folder of Temporary Items. It's full of data that was once needed, but isn't currently necessary. I don't intentionally create those files; they seem to appear out of thin air, occupying space on my computer. Those who know about computers say that these files need to be deleted now and again, or they will slow down my computer's operating system. One rule of thumb says that if the date on those files isn't today's date, they can be safely erased.
I have a similar folder inside my head. Unfortunately, the contents of this folder aren't as harmless as what's inside the Temporary Items in my computer. This folder contains a complete archive of bad things that have happened in the past, both things that I've done and things that have been done to me. I've got video, audio, and text, a whole multimedia display of negativity. When I least want them to, these things worm their way out of my past into my present.
I remember the times I embarrassed myself. I remember the times that I hurt other people. I remember my failures. I remember my sin.
I remember the times I was mistreated. I remember the ways that people hurt me, the things they said, the things they did. I remember those times that other people let me down.
I remember none of that does me any good. Those things from the past only serve to slow things down, to spoil today with yesterday's hurts. Like those temporary files on my computer, what I really need to do is get rid of them.
The apostle Paul wrote "Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it yet. But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and straining toward those things which are ahead, I press on toward the mark of the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14).
We have to put our past in the past and set our eyes on what lies ahead. We have a God who is willing to forgive anything and everything that we've done, if we'll only let Him. And He'll teach us to do the same with other people.

Vessels Of The Word by Tina Yeager
Romans 9:20b-21 – Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?" Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? (NIV)
Perhaps you are enjoying a warm beverage right now. Are you sipping from a demitasse, mug, or tea cup? Each vessel is best suited to a certain purpose. A mug of Cuban coffee or espresso would overwhelm, while a demitasse of tea or ordinary java would disappoint. Soup restricted to a tea cup serving leaves hunger pangs behind.
Consider the design of your favorite cup. Mine is cobalt blue, that fleeting hue of the sky just after the sun disappears below the horizon. Its shape begins with a sipping edge curving comfortably over my lip. The contour returns inward before billowing out to fill my left palm. Its intentional design provides familiar blessings every morning.
Into what sort of cup has the Potter fashioned you? Can you identify the refreshment that you are designed to share through your current work? Whether extensive novels, family nurturing, or community service are sipped from the vessel of your hands, remember that your delicious purpose is wrought by intentional design. Have you thought about the warmth that our Lord is brewing? He prepares a special blend to share through you at each opportunity, big or small.
If you were a vessel molded by a master potter, how would the process of being formed feel? Consider experiences common to all who are shaped and refined in life, as well as unique events personal to you. Into what type of vessel has this process crafted you? How could the process of being formed contribute to Christian service? Describe your shape, colour, and texture. To whom might the Master Potter lend you before retrieving you back to His own house?
Prayer: Master Potter, help us to understand and embrace our shape. May we submit ourselves into Your loving hands and live each moment according to Your perfect design. Thank You, Father, for opportunities to participate in Your glorious work. Amen.

Too Busy To Know God? by Randy Kilgore
"She had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word." Luke 10:39
One day when I was waiting to board a plane, a stranger who had overheard me mention that I was a chaplain began to describe to me his life before he met Christ. He said it was marked by “sin and self-absorption. Then I met Jesus.”
I listened with interest to a list of changes he had made to his life and good deeds he had done. But because everything he told me was about his busyness for God and not his fellowship with God, I wasn’t surprised when he added, “Frankly, chaplain, I thought I’d feel better about myself by now.”
I think the New Testament character Martha would have understood that stranger’s observation. Having invited Jesus to be a guest at her home, she set about doing what she thought were the important things. But this meant she couldn’t focus on Jesus. Because Mary wasn’t helping, Martha felt justified asking Jesus to chide her. It’s a mistake many of us make: We’re so busy doing good that we don’t spend time getting to know God better.
My advice to my new airplane friend came from the core of Jesus’ words to Martha in Luke 10:41-42. I said to him: “Slow down and invest yourself in knowing God; let His Word reveal Himself to you.” If we’re too busy to spend time with God, we’re simply too busy.
Savior, let me walk beside Thee,
Let me feel my hand in Thine;
Let me know the joy of walking
In Thy strength and not in mine. —Sidebotham
Our heavenly Father longs to spend time with His children.

When the Journey Is Too Much by Sheila Walsh, from 5 Minutes with Jesus: Peace for Today
Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for him to act. — Psalm 37:7
“Fatigue makes cowards of us all.” That statement by Green Bay Packers football legend Vince Lombardi is so true. We’ve all experienced it: the end of the day comes and, with it, the end of our energy and often the end of our courage for whatever the next day may hold. Great heroes of the Bible have experienced it. Even the mighty prophet Elijah.
Our first several encounters with Elijah reveal a fiery man of God, a man unafraid to take on conflict, a man who unhesitatingly took care of the business at hand with, I would venture, a bit of swagger in his step.
When Queen Jezebel found out about all the trouble Elijah had been causing, she threatened his life. I would expect the bold Elijah of Mount Carmel (1 Kings 18) to tell her, “Bring it!” — but that isn’t what he did.
Elijah turned and ran. After a day’s journey into the wilderness of Judah, Elijah sat down under a broom tree and cried out to God:
It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life. — 1 Kings 19:4
Wait a minute. What happened to the strong and confident Elijah who stood on Mount Carmel and called down fire from heaven? Keep reading...
Immediately after his desperate prayer, Elijah fell asleep under the broom tree (1 Kings 19:5); he was exhausted.
And what did God do? He didn’t lecture Elijah about his calling or tell him to toughen up. No. Instead, God tenderly cared for Elijah. God sent an angel who awakened the prophet to feed him, let him sleep some more, and then fed Elijah again. The food and the rest would enable Elijah to make the journey that lay ahead.
Perhaps a great journey awaits you, or maybe you are traveling a journey that has become too much for you to handle and you’re telling God that you’ve had enough. Take a moment to listen to your body. Do you need a good night’s sleep, a power nap, or a solid meal right now?
Your Creator God knows that your physical body has limits.
That’s why sometimes the most productive thing we can do is simply take a break. It is amazing how a bit of rest can change our perspective, allowing us to experience sweet peace rather than overwhelming anxiety... and eventually to recoup our courage!
He tenderly and wisely cares for His beloved.
Five Minutes in the Word
The apostles returned to Jesus and told Him all that they had done and taught. And He said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” — Mark 6:30–31
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him. — Psalm 62:1 NIV
On the seventh day God had finished His work of creation, so He rested from all His work. And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when He rested from all His work of creation. — Genesis 2:2–3 NLT
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act. — Psalm 37:7 NLT
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me — watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” — Matthew 11:28–30 The Message
Your Turn: Are you exhausted today? Have you eaten a healthy meal and rested? Have you been burning the candle at both ends? Constant busyness is not God’s intention for us. He gave us the astonishing gift of the Sabbath and modeled rest for us Himself (Genesis 2:2-3) so that we would do just that — rest.

Restoration by Sally I. Kennedy
'I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the Lord. Jeremiah 30:17
Thick dust covered the hand-hewn ridges along the sides of the cupboard. Just an old piece of furniture. Nothing fancy, simply storage on the bottom and three old wooden shelves on top behind glass doors. Flimsy, warped plywood barely held the back together. Probably worthless as an antique yet priceless to me. My dad's grandfather handcrafted this cherry cabinet for his bride when they married in the 1800's. It was created with functionality to hold their dishes and linens.
When we moved it from my folks' home to ours, a big chunk of molding was missing from the front and the hardware needed replacing, too. I was reluctant to give the job of restoration to just anyone. Finally we found someone, in whom we had confidence, to refinish it.
The carpenter craftsman was amazed at the incredible work on the original cabinet, and how my great-grandfather had handmade the beautiful grooves. Such detail! How painstakingly he must have worked on this, carving row after row of fine ridges. And obviously, with such love.
I thought of how this cupboard resembles each of us. The Lord, with great love and amazing detail, created us. There are times we need a touch-up, some restoration. Who better than the creator to go to for this?
There are many ways and many places that offer restoration for us and for our souls, however it is best to go right to the top. As a friend of mine says, "There is only one of you, so take good care of yourself".
Fortunately there is One we can trust for the outcome.... every time, our heavenly Father. That is good news.

It's a cold day in December. A little boy about 10-year-old was standing before a shoe store on Broadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold.
A lady approached the boy and said, "My little fellow, why are you looking so earnestly in that window?"
"I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes," was the boy's reply.
The lady took him by the hand and went into the store, and asked the clerk to get a half dozen pairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her. She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with a towel.
By this time the clerk had returned with the socks. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she then purchased him a pair of shoes, and tying up the remaining pairs of socks, gave them to him.
She patted him on the head and said, "No doubt, my little fellow, you feel more comfortable now?"
As she turned to go, the astonished lad caught her by the hand, and looking up in her face, with tears in his eyes, answered the question with these words:"Are you God's wife?" :)

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You feel and act like you have a fire shut up in your bones. Let that fire express itself in kingdom truth instead of finding a flesh outlet to relieve the restlessness. This is a time when you can learn to know the difference between flesh and spirit and be able to choose righteously, says the Lord. Jeremiah 20:9b But His word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, and I could not.

In a vision I saw a giraffe with its already long neck stretched up to eat the most delicate and scrumptious new growth at the top of a tree. And, like the giraffe, we are stretching way up to devour the fresh word of truth by the Spirit. And, I heard the Lord say: Don't stop reaching. This is a time of excitement and revelation that will bring new spiritual experience, which will need to be defined and stabilized by My Word, says the Lord. 2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I saw a mime in a vision, and I asked the Lord what this could mean. He said, "I want you to demonstrate truth and spiritual reality. To do this you will have to keep your mouth shut and show through your actions that which others need to see to understand. There are too many mouths and not enough demonstrators. Let Me do My word through you." John 10:37-38 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.

In a vision I saw a light that was about as big around as a pencil; it reminded me of a laser beam. Then, the light began to grow so that it seemed to engulf my entire body. From there it spread out to include my immediate surroundings and kept growing to illuminate the entire room. And, I heard the Lord say, "Let My light shine through you until all darkness is banished from your environment." Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
What day is it, My children? Is it not the Day of resurrection and the Day of My power? I have called you to the forefront of this hour to proclaim the Day and to proclaim the Way and to release the blessings. I say to you that the seeds for the Jubilee blessings have been sown according to My word, and I will fulfill what I have spoken, and I will bring forth the harvest of that which has been sown. You know that I am faithful in all of My ways. Freely you have received; freely give and watch as the harvest comes. Receive what has been given to you, says the Lord.

My Soul Has Been Anchored Author Unknown
Though the storms keep on raging in my life
And sometimes it's hard to tell the night from day
Still that hope that lies within is reassured
As I keep my eyes upon the distant shore
I know he'll lead me safely to that blessed place he has prepared
But if the storms don't cease
And if the winds keep on blowing in my life
My soul has been anchored in the Lord.

When I Linger in His Presence by Marilyn Ferguson
Sometimes when shadows linger
And darkness veils the night
When pain obscures my vision
And things aren’t going right.
When the world around me crumbles
And a friend cannot be found
When tomorrow holds no promise
And life has got me down.
When I am at my lowest
And I can bear no more
I cry to Him in anguish
He greets me at the door.
He gently whispers to me
My soul has found release
My troubles start to perish
My worries seem to cease.
The hardships I have known
Seem to vanish with the wind
When I seek His loving Spirit
And I humbly let Him in.
All the turmoil that surrounds me
Seems to fade like shifting sand
When I linger in His presence
And He gently takes my hand.

To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's sufferings and one who also will share in the glory to be revealed: Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. -- 1 Peter 5:1-3 NIV

28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. - Hebrews 13:8

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever. - Psalm 107:1

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. Numbers 6:24-25

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

The Rolls Royce Author Unknown
The great British automaker Rolls Royce takes great pride in the reliability of their handcrafted automobiles. An obviously wealthy owner of a Rolls took it to Europe on an extended trip. While traveling in France the car had some mechanical problem. He called the Rolls Royce factory and asked that they send out a mechanic straightaway to fix the problem.
The company responded in royal fashion. They put a mechanic on a private jet with all of the necessary tools and flew him over to France to make the repairs. The owner was so wealthy that he wasn't at all concerned about the cost, and he would not spare any expense to assure that his beloved Rolls Royce was properly repaired.
However, after several months he realized he had not received a bill for the repair. He directed his secretary to contact the Rolls Royce factory to inquire about the charges. He received a prompt reply from the Rolls Royce company. With typical British aplomb, it said simply, "We have no recollection or record of any Rolls Royce having ever had a breakdown or being in need of repair anywhere in France."
When we repent and ask God to fix things that have resulted from sin in our lives, like Rolls Royce, he fixes it and doesn't have any recollection of he problem, and he NEVER sends a bill.
"For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." (Hebrews 8:12)
"Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18)
"As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." (Psalm 103:12)

Dear Jesus, Help me to remember those times when I felt close to you, when my heart was filled with admiration and warmth for you and your message, when you gave me comfort in difficult times, when I was overcome by the beauty of creation, when all things just seem to fall into place. Amen

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 8
1 Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory in the heavens. 2 Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. 3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? 5 You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. 6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet: 7 all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, 8 the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. 9 Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

This is the day, That the Lord has made, I will rejoice, And be glad in it, Thank you Lord for this beautiful day. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply