Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
janbear
Trusted Servant

Early in recovery my sponsor stressed the importance of my spirituality. She taught me that it started in step 2 and then 3. She always pointed out in step 11 that it states we are "improving" our conscious contact. For me it has been about changing and growing in my recovery. I use to think my God changed over time, but I discovered I was wrong I was the one changing , changing my view of Him. My God has always been and always will be the same and I am grateful for that. I am grateful to have a loving, caring and so many other wonderful attitributes about him. He has given me so much grace. How else could be put up with me? Early in recovery it was about saying please in the morning and thank you at night It has grown into so much more that that. I can actually meditate today by looking into the flame of a candle or focusing on one of my lighthouses. It has taken me a long time to get to this point. I can read Gods word, read Jesus calling, and read my dual-recovery meditation books and reflect on this. Quite a ways away from all my days of my racing thoughts and not believing that things like this actually happens to people. I always thought they were lying. Well I am proof folks. It can and does happen.

The Big Book talks about that we have a daily reprieve contigient on the maintenance of my spiritual condition. Maintain yourself spiritually daily however you need to
janbear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to janbear For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply