Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 6/21

God loves us and wants to be in relationship with us. God gave the one Son to make all of us sons and daughters.

God brings healing and restoration.

We all have times when we want to give up. Remember God is present in our troubles. God loves us. And God offers us strength to persevere.

When we are borken and sick, Christ takes us in. He provides each of us what we need to grow. He doesn’t care if we are sickly. He restores us to life, abundant life. Christ sees the promise in us when no one else does, and through his tender care, we can bloom.

When difficulties and peril surround us, we can take shelter in the rock that is the Lord, knowing God hears our prayers and offers refuge for us both on this earth and for eternity.

With every assignment, God also gives us ability to accomplish it.

God is always present for us — offering safety, rest, comfort, and refreshment.

In a world that changes daily, we find peace and contentment in believing the promises of God, who never changes.

"Then the House was Empty" by Bob Perks
The house across the street from me is empty.
When I moved here it was full. A beautiful older couple lived there. I was home the day they found him dead on the front lawn.
It wasn't my responsibility, but I watched over her. I would call her once in awhile. I'd stop by with a slice of pie I just baked. I'd walk over to speak with her if I saw her outside.
Her name was Lil.
Then one day her family decided that she shouldn't be on her own.
I watched as the antique dealer came to collect her belongings that they paid for.
Then the house was empty.
A beautiful young couple moved in. Over the last few years their family grew to three children and a dog.
Recently I looked out and saw them placing a "for sale" sign out front.
Today I watched them pack their belongings into a moving truck.
I just saw them drive away.
Then the house was empty.
I have told you at least a hundred times that I hate goodbyes.
I've decided that I hate "empty," too.
I have had to say goodbye too much lately and I've experienced what empty feels like, too.
I'm not alone in this. I am guessing there are a few of you "empty people" out there, too.
Keep in mind that I am not a preacher. I have not been ordained in anything.
But, I am called to write a prayer for all of us "empty" folk tonight.
Okay, now here it goes...
"God, we have been empty way too long...fill us up!" Amen.
If you are one who leans toward long, wordy prayers thinking that they hold more weight with God, then just keep repeating this one until you think it's enough.
Me? I have a faith that tells me that a simple whisper, a cry, a moan, a smile or a thank you can, under the right circumstances, grab God's attention.
Yes, there are 783,137 words in the King James Bible. It took 40 different authors for God to tell us what He wanted us to know.
Still, it is a popular belief that brevity and frequency is better than lengthy.
According to Thomas Aquinas, frequency, not length, is the important issue in prayer.
Luther: "The fewer the words, the better the prayer."
Pray as long as you need or want to but aim to be concise and put meaning behind your words and avoid vain repetition. Pray whether you feel like it or not and try to cultivate the habit of prayer.
No, I'm not preaching. I'm empty. So is the house across the street. So are the lives of the lost and lonely around the world.
I know that house will be full again. It is only a house, a shell, a framework to be filled with hope and love and memories to last a lifetime.
Maybe that's what I'm asking for all the empty people. Hope, love and memories to last a lifetime.
Join me in this prayer: "God, we have been empty way too long...fill us up!" Amen.
Now, watch what happens.
(It took me 532 words to tell you that)

A Blue Rose Author Unknown
Having four visiting family members, my wife was very busy, so I offered to go to the store for her to get some needed items, which included light bulbs, paper towels, trash bags, detergent and Clorox. So off I went.
I scurried around the store, gathered up my goodies and headed for the checkout counter, only to be blocked in the narrow aisle by a young man who appeared to be about sixteen-years-old. I wasn't in a hurry, so I patiently waited for the boy to realize that I was there. This was when he waved his hands excitedly in the air and declared in a loud voice, "Mommy, I'm over here."
It was obvious now, he was mentally challenged and also startled as he turned and saw me standing so close to him, waiting to squeeze by. His eyes widened and surprise exploded on his face as I said, "Hey Buddy, what's your name?"
"My name is Denny and I'm shopping with my mother," he responded proudly.
"Wow," I said, "that's a cool name; I wish my name was Denny, but my name is Steve."
"Steve, like Stevarino?" he asked. "Yes," I answered. "How old are you Denny?"
"How old am I now, Mommy?" he asked his mother as she slowly came over from the next aisle.
"You're fifteen-years-old Denny; now be a good boy and let the man pass by."
I acknowledged her and continued to talk to Denny for several more minutes about summer, bicycles and school. I watched his brown eyes dance with excitement, because he was the center of someone's attention. He then abruptly turned and headed toward the toy section.
Denny's mom had a puzzled look on her face and thanked me for taking the time to talk with her son. She told me that most people wouldn't even look at him, much less talk to him.
I told her that it was my pleasure and then I said something I have no idea where it came from, other than by the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I told her that there are plenty of red, yellow, and pink roses in God's Garden; however, "Blue Roses" are very rare and should be appreciated for their beauty and distinctiveness. You see, Denny is a Blue Rose and if someone doesn't stop and smell that rose with their heart and touch that rose with their kindness, then they've missed a blessing from God.
She was silent for a second, then with a tear in her eye she asked, "Who are you?"
Without thinking I said, "Oh, I'm probably just a dandelion, but I sure love living in God's garden."
She reached out, squeezed my hand and said, "God bless you!" and then I had tears in my eyes.
May I suggest, the next time you see a BLUE ROSE, don't turn your head and walk off. Take the time to smile and say Hello. Why? Because, by the grace of GOD, this mother or father could be you. This could be your child, grandchild, niece or nephew. What a difference a moment can mean to that person or their family!
>From an old dandelion: Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Insidious Pride by Kristi Huseby
“I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness; let us exalt his name together.” (Psalm 34:1-3, NLT)
“I see this as a PRIDE issue in your life,” my “friend” said to me.
Seriously?!
I wasn’t feeling too friendly towards her when she said this to me. You see, I’ve been working on this issue of pride in my life for a very looooong time and to be honest I thought I had nipped it in the bud. Obviously from her perspective, I hadn’t.
I walked away from that conversation boiling with anger. “How dare she judge me when I see the same thing in her life?” (At least that’s what I wanted to think.) But I had asked for it and she had given it.
I work for a church and as a staff member I was encouraged to go through a process of evaluating my spiritual life. I was to answer questions myself and then have three other people evaluate me as well. I specifically chose people from different areas of my life so that I could get a thorough perspective. You know how that is, the people at work don’t see you the same way as the people you live with at home.
I asked my husband if he would do it and he adamantly refused. (Okay, that says a lot…) I finally persuaded him to do it by promising that I would not go after his jugular if he answered in ways that I didn’t agree with. I asked my teenage son to evaluate me as well and to be honest. I was expecting him to slaughter me. The final person was my friend and co-worker, the least of my worries (or so I thought).
As I read over my friend’s evaluation I wondered why she had answered some of the questions the way she did, so I asked if she would be willing to sit down with me and explain. She graciously took me up on the offer and so I was left reeling by her comments to me.
Even though I found myself angry and hurt by her words, I couldn’t help but wonder if what she said was really true.
I acknowledge that pride has been an issue for most of my life. Years before this conversation God had begun to convict me about how I name-dropped and “handed out my résumé” to everyone I talked with. (In case you’re wondering what “handing your out résumé” looks like, it’s sharing your accomplishments, laying claim to ideas that are yours, basically boasting about who you are and what you’ve done.) I had been working diligently at giving this area of my life over to God, surrendering it to Him and I thought I was doing pretty well.
I think that’s why this conversation caught me so off guard. As I put this question – Is what she said really true? – to the Lord, I had a flashback to a time when someone had taken my idea and used it. Instead of verbally taking credit for it (which was my regular habit in the past), I mentally did. I didn’t say anything to that person but in my head I couldn’t help but pat myself on the back and say, “That was my idea!”
As God brought more and more of those times to my attention, I began to realize that even though I wasn’t boasting out loud, I was boasting in my heart and it was oozing out my pores. I didn’t have to say anything to convey what I believed – my body language, my attitude, and my actions said it all. As I began to realize how true my friend’s comments were to me, I was hit with another daunting question.
If this is a heart issue, how am I ever going to rectify it?
God was patiently waiting for me to ask this question and surprise, surprise – He had the answer!
When I’m tempted to fall back into old habits and old patterns, I want to remember Psalm 34:1-3 and to give praise to the One in whom it is due.
What about you? Do you struggle with this as well? Will you join with me in memorizing these verses so that when the temptation arises, we will remember in whom we should boast?
Pride is insidious, my friend, it takes many forms and it will never ever turn our hearts toward God. So let’s not let pride keep us from the privilege of knowing the heart of God.
Father, When I think of all You have done and the work of Your hands, my accomplishments seem to tiny. If I need to boast, let me boast in You. Help me to use the gifts You’ve given me to serve the people around me. May my heart swell with thanksgiving and not with pride. Amen.
Question: Do you find pride to be a harder battle in certain areas of your life? How do you combat it?

In The Face Of Opposition by Donna Mitchell
“We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light.” (Colossians 1:11-12, NLT)
The word endurance suggests resistance. If there were no resistance – there would be no need for endurance. “Endure” means taking a strong stance and not giving up hope when obstacles or opposition confronts you.
Sometimes, there is more at stake than we realize.
An outreach team met with women in the secure unit of a local prison. One particular inmate consistently demonstrated her obvious agitation – making fun, interrupting, causing disturbance. Her behavior discouraged the team, making it hard to endure. She stopped attending, then a few months later, she returned with a story. While she was alone in her cell God met her. She poured out her heart to the Savior – the Savior she didn’t want to admit she needed. She regretted her behavior and repented – to the Lord and to the team she disrespected with her comments.
They were stunned. They had persevered in the midst of the opposition not knowing that the Lord was working and drawing this woman to Himself. The Scriptures she mocked penetrated her heart. There were eternal consequences to pushing through.
What the enemy uses against us to bring discouragement or deter our course, God can use to make us strong, mature, and immovable. He can use it to make our character more like Jesus.
As a friend who is facing incredible opposition said to me today, “I need to run to Jesus and get on my knees”. We need His protection and strength. We need His perspective and courage. We need His love and assurance. We need to surrender in the midst of the opposition and trust that the battle is His. He is more than capable of fighting for us and protecting us.
Remember, the name of the Lord is a strong tower that the righteous can run to and be safe. (Proverbs 18:10) No matter where you are walking, you can be secure under the shadow of His wings (Psalm 91:1,2) and He can help you endure the opposition (Isaiah 41:10) in order for His Kingdom to come and His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven!
Lord, strengthen me with all Your glorious power so that I will have all the endurance and patience I need. Fill me with Your joy as I give thanks to You Father continuously. Help me live in Your light. Thank you for purchasing my freedom and forgiveness. Amen!
Question: In what ways do you need to be strengthened?

Stopping the Pity Party Mindset by Julie Cosgrove
“So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.” (2 Timothy 1:8-12)
Today, as I began my Bible Study, I did so with a pity party mindset. I was tired, frustrated, and had simply had enough drama from all of the “messes” going on in my life. However, as I began to sit down and pray and read the beginning of Second Timothy, my Heavenly Father began to give me a slight attitude adjustment.
At the beginning of the letter, Paul is in prison and is writing to his beloved pupil, Timothy. Other supporters had deserted him and he had suffered a lot for the cause of Christ. However, Paul instructs Timothy to not be ashamed of the gospel or of its messenger.
I began to meditate on verse 12. Paul suffered much, yet complained none. The reason for this is because He knew WHY he was suffering. He realized that there was a purpose for it. His purpose was to share the gospel, no matter what. More importantly, Paul was able to suffer well because He knew the Lord well. He was not ashamed because he KNEW whom he believed.
The Greek word used here that means “to know” can have two different meanings: the first is to have information about someone or something and the second is to be intimately acquainted with someone or something. The range of the word is as vast as our own use of the English equivalent. However, Paul KNEW Jesus. It is evident by his testimony he gives in verse nine.
In thinking about these verses I have come to realize that how we handle suffering directly correlates with how well we know Jesus. If we simply know him to be the subject of children’s songs, hard times will seem pressing. However, if we trust in Christ as the one who has the power of God, who has saved us and has called us to a holy life, not only will we endure suffering, we will conquer it with JOY. Paul was such a great testimony to Christ because he was not ashamed in his suffering. Rather than blaming God for his perils, He praised Him for His purpose because he knew that in his suffering, others would see Christ.
Paul understood how difficult it was to have fortitude in a harsh world. That is why he wrote Timothy such strong words of encouragement. I know I often cower in my own discomforts, but it is my prayer that I may have the MINDSET of Paul so that my actions may gravitate toward gratitude.
God in Heaven, Thank you for the promise of Your comfort and the surety of Your provision. Thank you that my needs are not hidden from You. My pain is not unknown to You. Whether my cry is one of anguish or frustration You hear it. Help me to have the mindset of Paul so that like him I can rejoice in You, even when my circumstances are not particularly joyous. In Your name I pray, Amen
Question: How does your view of your circumstances correlate to how intimately you know the Father?

A REAL WINNER Author Unknown
In 1962, four nervous young musicians played their first record audition for the executives of the Decca Recording company. The executives were not impressed. While turning down this group of musicians, one executive said, "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out." The group was called The Beatles.
In 1944, Emmeline Snively, director of the Blue Book Modeling Agency, told modeling hopeful Norma Jean Baker, "You'd better learn secretarial work or else get married." She went on to become Marilyn Monroe.
In 1954, Jimmy Denny, manager of the Grand Ole Opry, fired a singer after one performance. He told him, "You ain't goin' nowhere son. You ought to go back to drivin' a truck." He went on to become the most popular singer in America, named Elvis Presley.
When Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in 1876, it did not ring off the hook with calls from potential backers. After making a demonstration call, President Rutherford Hayes said, "That's an amazing invention, but who would ever want to use one of them?"
In the 1940's, another young inventor named Chester Carlson took his idea to 20 corporations, including some of the biggest in the country. They all turned him down. In 1947, after seven long years of rejections, he finally got a tiny company in Rochester, New York, the Haloid Company, to purchase the rights to his invention, an electrostatic paper-copying process. Haloid became the Xerox Corporation we know today.
Wilma Rudolph was the 20th of 22 children. She was born prematurely and her survival was doubtful. When she was 4 years old, she contacted double pneumonia and scarlet fever, which left her with a paralyzed left leg. At age 9, she removed the metal leg brace she had been dependent on and began to walk without it. By 13, she had developed rhythmic walk, which doctors said was a miracle. That same year, she decided to become a runner. She entered a race and came in last.
For the next few years, every race she entered she came in last. Everyone told her to quit, but she kept on running. One day, she actually won a race. And then another. From then on, she won every race she entered. Eventually this little girl, who was told she would never walk again, went on to win three Olympic gold medals.
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through the experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened. Remember, the finest steel gets sent through the hottest furnace. A REAL WINNER is not one who never fails, but one who NEVER QUITS!
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4)
"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14)

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns

In a vision I saw a group of people, whether a family group or otherwise connected I did not know. And, there were sounds from heaven sent to awaken them spiritually. Some were too occupied with their tasks to hear the sweet, melodious tones. They dashed around as though time was running out and their work of vital importance. There were others who were not hearing the sounds because they couldn't conceive of such a thing. The thing that mattered most to them was the material world, money and belongings. Still others had a very high opinion of themselves and deemed themselves to be smarter than most. Others could not hear the sounds because they were unfulfilled, disappointed, depressed and unhappy. And, others couldn't hear the sounds because of worry, fear, and condemnation. But, there were those whose hearts were humble and open. They desired to see and hear beyond natural things; beyond the confines of things taught by men; beyond places of bondage and restraint. They heard the ethereal sounds and were transformed. Matthew 13:9 "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

Watch for significant progress in areas that have been a concern to you. Your trust in Me is not displaced. I see your heart and know that your faith is strong and your trust is unwavering. Stay calm and allow My work in you to be perfected, says the Lord. I am with you to guide you to a victorious outcome. Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, His work is perfect; for all His ways are justice, a God of truth and without injustice; righteous and upright is He.

I am going to reveal attitudes and motivations that the enemy is still able to exploit. These are days when the revelation that I bring at this time will remove pitfalls that you have fallen into time and time again. Prepare yourself to yield to this important work through an honest evaluation of your own carnal nature. Be ready to move higher spiritually, says the Lord. 1 Corinthians 3:3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

Set a careful watch for those who will do their best to drag you down into their emotional responses to life and circumstances. Set good boundaries, and refuse to allow anyone to exploit your better nature. Strive to stay in the sweet spot of My Spirit, for that is where true life, love and liberty exist, says the Lord. Live in the peace of unity with Me and others. Romans 12:18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
I will pour out My Spirit on My people to punish the enemy through the anointing that I will place upon My chosen ones. I am rejoicing in the great victory that is about to spring forth. I will fulfill all that I have called into being. I have come to destroy the works of the enemy, and I will work through My people to do just that. I am going to break the bronze gates and release the promises that I have given to My people. What I have promised will come forth in the power of My kingdom. It will come to rest even as a mantle upon the shoulders of My beloved. I will bring you into your birthright and bring forth destiny. You will walk knowing that you carry My authority, says the Lord.

I Said A Prayer by Nancy Burr
I said a prayer for you my friend,
That your struggles would soon end.
That you would feel God's peace with you,
As you trust Him each day through.
I prayed that you would feel His love,
Rain down on you from up above.
I asked Him to take care of you,
Fill you with joy and laughter too.
I prayed that He would let you know,
That He will never let you go.
That He'd pour blessings down on you,
And make your grey skies turn to blue.
I prayed that God would give you rest,
And that He'd answer your request.
I asked the Lord to touch your soul,
Fill you with hope and make you whole.
My friend I prayed that you would feel,
His gentle touch reach down and heal.
I said a prayer for you my friend,
My best wishes to you I send.

The Mountain I'm Climbing by Nancy Burr
The mountain I'm climbing is so steep,
I have so far to go.
Each step I take is a struggle for me,
I go so very slow.
I keep looking back wondering if,
This is too hard for me,
Maybe I should just turn around,
For the peak I still can't see.
I'm tired and weak but I keep heading up,
The top seems much further now.
I slow down some more for I'm filled with pain,
How can I do this, how?
I know there's a reason I face this steep hill,
But that reason is unclear.
So many questions fill me with doubt,
Right now it's all I can hear.
Part of me wants to just give up,
And walk away from it all.
But God loves me and won't let me give up,
He'll never let me fall.
I know He's the reason I still have hope,
Why I keep going on.
For He is with me giving me strength,
His help is never gone.
He is the reason that I believe,
That things will get better soon.
When I feel sad or overwhelmed,
He fills my heart with a tune.
No matter how high my mountain can get,
I don't have to climb it alone.
For Jesus, my best friend is by my side,
I'm never on my own.
The mountain I'm climbing is still steep,
But I'm keeping my eyes on the Lord.
At times I feel I just can't go on.
Then I feel His love being poured.
It flows like a fountain all over me,
Giving me strength all day long.
And when I'm too weak He carries me,
Until I am feeling strong.

By grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your needs in parched places, and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden. Isaiah 58:11

1 I will love You, O Lord, my strength. 2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:1-2

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

Bear and Share the Burdens
1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For each one shall bear his own load. Galatians 6:1-5

God Whispers Author Unknown
Not long ago I heard a story about a young man and an old preacher. The young man had lost his job and didn't know which way to turn. So he went to see the old preacher.
Pacing about the preacher's study, the young man ranted about his problem. Finally he clenched his fist and shouted, "I've begged God to say something to help me. Tell me, Preacher, why doesn't God answer?"
The old preacher, who sat across the room, spoke something in reply -something so hushed it was indistinguishable. The young man stepped across the room. "What did you say?" he asked.
The preacher repeated himself, but again in a tone as soft as a whisper. So the young man moved closer until he was leaning on the preacher's chair.
"Sorry," he said. "I still didn't hear you." With their heads bent together, the old preacher spoke once more. "God sometimes whispers," he said, "so we will move closer to hear Him."
This time the young man heard and he understood. We all want God's voice to thunder through the air with the answer to our problem. But God's is the still, small voice... the gentle whisper. Perhaps there's a reason. Nothing draws human focus quite like a whisper.
God's whisper means I must stop my ranting and move close to Him, until my head is bent together with His. And then, as I listen, I will find my answer. Better still, I find myself closer to God.
"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10a)
'Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverns 3:5-6)

"A Simple Prayer" Author Unknown
Today, For what I am that I ought not to be, Forgive me. For what I am not that I ought to be, Forgive me.
Be with my mouth in what it speaks
Be with my hands in what they do
Be with my mind in what it thinks
Be with my heart in what it feels
Work in me
...through me
...for me
...in spite of me
In the precious name of Jesus, Amen

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 4
The Family of Judah
1 The sons of Judah were Perez, Hezron, Carmi, Hur, and Shobal. 2 And Reaiah the son of Shobal begot Jahath, and Jahath begot Ahumai and Lahad. These were the families of the Zorathites. 3 These were the sons of the father of Etam: Jezreel, Ishma, and Idbash; and the name of their sister was Hazelelponi; 4 and Penuel was the father of Gedor, and Ezer was the father of Hushah. These were the sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephrathah the father of Bethlehem. 5 And Ashhur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah. 6 Naarah bore him Ahuzzam, Hepher, Temeni, and Haahashtari. These were the sons of Naarah. 7 The sons of Helah were Zereth, Zohar, and Ethnan; 8 and Koz begot Anub, Zobebah, and the families of Aharhel the son of Harum. 9 Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” 10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. 11 Chelub the brother of Shuhah begot Mehir, who was the father of Eshton. 12 And Eshton begot Beth-Rapha, Paseah, and Tehinnah the father of Ir-Nahash. These were the men of Rechah. 13 The sons of Kenaz were Othniel and Seraiah. The sons of Othniel were Hathath, 14 and Meonothai who begot Ophrah. Seraiah begot Joab the father of Ge Harashim, for they were craftsmen. 15 The sons of Caleb the son of Jephunneh were Iru, Elah, and Naam. The son of Elah was Kenaz. 16 The sons of Jehallelel were Ziph, Ziphah, Tiria, and Asarel. 17 The sons of Ezrah were Jether, Mered, Epher, and Jalon. And Mered’s wife bore Miriam, Shammai, and Ishbah the father of Eshtemoa. 18 (His wife Jehudijah[e] bore Jered the father of Gedor, Heber the father of Sochoh, and Jekuthiel the father of Zanoah.) And these were the sons of Bithiah the daughter of Pharaoh, whom Mered took. 19 The sons of Hodiah’s wife, the sister of Naham, were the fathers of Keilah the Garmite and of Eshtemoa the Maachathite. 20 And the sons of Shimon were Amnon, Rinnah, Ben-Hanan, and Tilon. And the sons of Ishi were Zoheth and Ben-Zoheth. 21 The sons of Shelah the son of Judah were Er the father of Lecah, Laadah the father of Mareshah, and the families of the house of the linen workers of the house of Ashbea; 22 also Jokim, the men of Chozeba, and Joash; Saraph, who ruled in Moab, and Jashubi-Lehem. Now the records are ancient. 23 These were the potters and those who dwell at Netaim and Gederah; there they dwelt with the king for his work.
The Family of Simeon
24 The sons of Simeon were Nemuel, Jamin, Jarib, Zerah, and Shaul, 25 Shallum his son, Mibsam his son, and Mishma his son. 26 And the sons of Mishma were Hamuel his son, Zacchur his son, and Shimei his son. 27 Shimei had sixteen sons and six daughters; but his brothers did not have many children, nor did any of their families multiply as much as the children of Judah. 28 They dwelt at Beersheba, Moladah, Hazar Shual, 29 Bilhah, Ezem, Tolad, 30 Bethuel, Hormah, Ziklag, 31 Beth Marcaboth, Hazar Susim, Beth Biri, and at Shaaraim. These were their cities until the reign of David. 32 And their villages were Etam, Ain, Rimmon, Tochen, and Ashan—five cities— 33 and all the villages that were around these cities as far as Baal. These were their dwelling places, and they maintained their genealogy: 34 Meshobab, Jamlech, and Joshah the son of Amaziah; 35 Joel, and Jehu the son of Joshibiah, the son of Seraiah, the son of Asiel; 36 Elioenai, Jaakobah, Jeshohaiah, Asaiah, Adiel, Jesimiel, and Benaiah; 37 Ziza the son of Shiphi, the son of Allon, the son of Jedaiah, the son of Shimri, the son of Shemaiah— 38 these mentioned by name were leaders in their families, and their father’s house increased greatly. 39 So they went to the entrance of Gedor, as far as the east side of the valley, to seek pasture for their flocks. 40 And they found rich, good pasture, and the land was broad, quiet, and peaceful; for some Hamites formerly lived there. 41 These recorded by name came in the days of Hezekiah king of Judah; and they attacked their tents and the Meunites who were found there, and utterly destroyed them, as it is to this day. So they dwelt in their place, because there was pasture for their flocks there. 42 Now some of them, five hundred men of the sons of Simeon, went to Mount Seir, having as their captains Pelatiah, Neariah, Rephaiah, and Uzziel, the sons of Ishi. 43 And they defeated the rest of the Amalekites who had escaped. They have dwelt there to this day.

Dear God, thank you for your grace that saves us. As we freely receive it, help us freely give by praying for and serving others. Use us to convey your blessing to our brothers and sisters. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply