Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 16

Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. Hebrews 2:17

Proverbs 28:14 (NIV) Blessed is the one who always trembles before God, but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble.

Thought: Being humble or being stubborn? Choices matter.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:3 (NLT): Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed.

Today’s Thought: When we put our lives fully in God’s hands, He will make sure you succeed. Success in God’s eyes are totally different then man’s view of success.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I put my life fully in Your hands. I ask that You use me however You want. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 17

He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way. Psalm 25:9

Isaiah 6:7 (NIV) ...your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.

Thought: Grace is a gift. Receive it.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:20 (NLT): Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be happy.

Today’s Thought: Trusting in the Lord is important to our walk. He has our best interest in mind and He also sees the entire picture. If He is telling you to do something that does not make sense to you, do it anyway. He has a plan!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to fully trust You in every area of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 18

Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit. Matthew 27:50

1 John 4:10 (NIV) ...God loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Thought: Easter reminds us of the price Jesus paid and why.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:18 (NLT): Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Today’s Thought: Pride is a major stumbling block for most if not all Christians at one point or another. We must be mindful of this trap so we do not succumb to it. Give glory to God for everything and you can escape this trap.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving my life. I ask that You help me always give You the glory so I never get prideful. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 04-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 19

They will mock him, spit on him, flog him with a whip, and kill him, but after three days he will rise again. Mark 10:34

John 17:3 (NIV) "Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent."

Thought: Those words. Prayed for you. By Jesus.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:1 (NLT): A dry crust eaten in peace is better than a great feast with strife.

Today’s Thought: Peace is often considered a luxury in today’s world. However, as Christians, we are called to be peacemakers. In fact, there is a great blessing attached to being a peacemaker. Are you a peacemaker?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me become a peacemaker today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 20

but the angel said, "Don't be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isn't here! He is risen from the dead! Mark 16:6

Acts 2:24 (NIV) God raised Jesus from the dead, freeing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on Him.

Thought: Fear loses its grip, too, when we understand what we have through faith in Christ.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:17 (NLT): A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

Today’s Thought: As Christians, we are all considered “brothers & sisters.” We should help each other..as often as we can. When is the last time you helped someone in their time of need?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me find ways to help other people. In fact, show me non Christians who need help so I can lead them to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 21

The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged. Psalm 69:32

Isaiah 6:1 (NIV) ...I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted...

Thought: Jesus is risen!

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:22 (NLT): A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.

Today’s Thought: We are light in this dark world. People look to us, as Christians, for strength whether they tell you or not. Let’s be cheerful today and see what God does!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for saving my life! I ask that Your joy flow out of me today so I can shine bright for You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 22

Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant. Matthew 20:26b

John 19:31 (NIV) Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

Thought: Maybe the three most important words ever spoken.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:28 (NLT): Even fools are thought to be wise when they keep silent; when they keep their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.

Today’s Thought: We have the power of life & death in the tongue. This is why we must be extremely careful what we say – and even how we say it. Each word that we speak must be Father-filtered.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue. Please teach me how to speak blessings instead of curses. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 23

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. Colossians 3:15a

Luke 24:5 (NIV) "Why do you look for the living among the dead?"

Thought: It's easy to get bogged down in religion. What Jesus wants is a relationship with us.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 18:19 (NLT): It's harder to make amends with an offended friend than to capture a fortified city. Arguments separate friends like a gate locked with iron bars.

Today’s Thought: Life is full of choices – both good and bad. People are fickle. Have you made a bad choice in the past that hurt someone? Today, try to make it right!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You first forgive me of that bad decision I made. I also ask that You make a way for me to rectify the situation with that friend or family member I hurt. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 24

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. Psalm 143:10

Proverbs 28:25 (NIV) The greedy stir up conflict, but those who trust in the Lord will prosper.

Thought: What kind of life do you want to live?

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:6 (NLT): And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.

Today’s Thought: God knows the beginning from the end. He also has a wonderful plan for each one of us. Be encouraged & know that He will finish what He started in you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always meeting my needs. I ask that You help me trust You, completely. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 25

In a burst of anger I turned my face away for a little while. But with everlasting love I will have compassion on you," says the LORD, your Redeemer. Isaiah 54:8

Proverbs 28:23 (NLT) In the end, people appreciate honest criticism far more than flattery.

Thought: Tell the truth. But do so with love and respect.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:10 (NLT): For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until Christ returns.

Today’s Thought: As Christians, we are called to live a pure & blameless life. We are also human. We mess up. This is why Jesus Christ died for us. If you are feeling guilty today, ask Jesus to forgive you & help you live better.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, first of all I ask that You forgive me. I want to live a pure & blameless life. Please help me do this. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 26

Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows. Isaiah 1:17

John 19:30 (NIV) ...Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Thought: Thank you, Jesus, for the price you paid.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:11 (NLT): May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation -those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ-for this will bring much glory and praise to God.

Today’s Thought: Once you give your heart to Jesus people should be able to tell that something is different about you. Why? Because Jesus changes everything! Today let’s try to let our light shine bright!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that my life always shine bright for You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 27

"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." Matthew 17:20

Psalm 85:2 (NIV) You forgave the iniquity of your people and covered all their sins.

Thought: Want a great prayer? "Cover me, Jesus."

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:12 (NLT): And I want you to know, dear brothers and sisters, that everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News.

Today’s Thought: Everything happens for a reason. Trials & heartaches often turn into testimonies that you can share with someone else going through the exact same thing you are. We must be open to share our trials and give glory to God when He works on our behalf.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me trust You in all things & give You the glory even in the midst of my trial. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 28

And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25

Luke 24:6 (NIV) "He is not here (in the tomb); He has risen!"

Thought: The good news is too great for just one day of the year.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:1 (NLT): The wicked run away when no one is chasing them, but the godly are as bold as lions.

Today’s Thought: As Christians, we have a hope & a future – heaven. We need to be as bold as a lion when it comes to sharing our faith. Lives hang in the balance.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me become bold as a lion when it comes to telling people about You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 29

Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.
Galatians 5:25

Philippians 2:!4 (NIV) Do everything without complaining or arguing.

Thought: Let's think about this. Now what, really, does a Christian ever have to complain about considering all that Christ has done for us? Let's set an example for others to see Christ in us.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:2 (NLT): When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily. But with wise and knowledgeable leaders, there is stability.

Today’s Thought: We need Jesus back in our country today. We need to pray for our leaders no matter where you are today. Let’s pray for the leaders over us today.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray for my country and the leaders in charge. Give them wisdom that only comes from You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 30

Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name. Hebrews 13:15

Philippians 2:22 (NIV) But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me (Paul) in the work of the gospel.

Thought: There's no such thing as a solo act in the body of Christ. We need each other.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:13 (NLT): People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess and forsake them, they will receive mercy.

Today’s Thought: God is faithful! If you confess your sins & ask for forgiveness, He will forgive you! It does not matter what you’ve done.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would forgive me of all my sins & cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Help me to also turn from my sin. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Post New ThreadReply