Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 28

Wisdom for Today
The program depends on us as much as we depend on the program. It works on the principle of service. Everything within the program itself happens through the service of others. Whether it is the individual who arrives early to setup and make coffee, the meeting chairperson, volunteering to serve on a committee, speaking at a meeting of workshop, or doing twelve-step work; the program depends on volunteers to keep going and growing. It is through the willingness to volunteer service that the program works.
As we walk through the recovery process, each of us will be given opportunities to serve. The program depends on our willingness to say yes to these opportunities. This willingness on our part is what makes the program effective. This service work is equally important for us as we find that in saying yes to the program we are also helping ourselves. In volunteering we help to carry the program and the program in turn helps to carry us. Do I do my part to carry the load? Am I willing to do something concrete to help the program? Will I volunteer to give service to others? These are all questions we need to ask ourselves. By doing our part we help to keep the program healthy and in turn the program keeps us healthy. Am I doing my part to grow in and with the program?
Meditations for the Heart
It is in our times of weakness and pain that we perhaps need to find God more than any other. It is in these times that He is most available to us. In these troubling times, we reach out in quiet desperation and we find His Quiet Strength – a Strength, which passes our understanding. It is in these tough times that we struggle most with our daily routine, structure, and responsibilities. Yet it is in these times that we rely on this Quiet Strength to lead us and guide us. This Quiet Strength will renew our courage for the day. This quiet strength will feed us in compassion and will provide us with the energy that we need. It will quiet our unrest and bring us inner peace. This Quiet strength ion always available to us, all we need do is accept it into our lives. This supply of Quiet Strength is ceaseless and will never run out. In it we can be filled with whatever we need for the tasks of the day. Do I seek His Quiet Strength in all that I do?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
You do not scream from some mountain top, but instead You come to me in Quiet Strength. Help me to be aware of this Quiet Strength in my day today. Open my eyes this day to the opportunities to give back to the program, for this service will strengthen the program and it will strengthen me. Help me to have a mindset to say yes to these opportunities and to carry my share of the load.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply