Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 31

Prayer to Live this Day with God

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank you that I can see or hear your Word this morning. Let me give thanks all day for what I have, especially your eternal love, and forgive me this day when I go astray, by my thoughts or actions; my only aim is to please you, to know and do your will. Guide my every step.

Help me to live this day with wisdom and discretion so that I may not fall short of your glory. Protect me from danger, both in the world and in my attitude. Give me the gift of a clear mind, that I might hear the quiet voice of your Spirit. Help to massage away resentments and blame for things gone by, that would eat my energy and poison my mind; but instead, help me to look to the moment, to what I can do, to work for the future. And let me never become frustrated where I lack control of events, for you are in charge, not me; and I put my entire faith in your power, your knowledge, your plan for humanity.

Your are my leader and my coach, Lord. I am on your team. Help me to keep this in mind for just today, in Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Prayer to Treat Others Well

Father, thank you for bringing me into your family. May I never disappoint you in the way I treat others. Teach me to show love, patience, and acceptance to all who come to me; let me show peace of soul and firm conviction that your will governs all. And I pray that others may see in me the qualities of character that can only be attributed to your presence in my life. Make my life a window for your light to shine through and a mirror to reflect your love to all I meet. To you be the glory and the honor, forever and ever, through Jesus my Lord. Amen.

I dedicate this day to you, mighty God. I pray that your Spirit will lift me up this day, and that your face may shine upon me all the day long, that I might do your will and lead a new life in Christ, reborn in the Spirit. Amen.

Lord, we give thanks for all that the earth has given in recent months, and we give thanks, too, for all the work of human hands. As the land lies fallow, at rest, remind us of our need to keep a healthy balance in our lives each day. Amen

Lord Jesus, You are my everliving and everloving Savior, I thank You that You never sleep and that You have protected me by Your mighty hand through the night.

Open my eyes to see the blessings that You have prepared for me today. For the love of friends which will enrich this day, I thank You. For the ability to work and to serve others, I praise You. For the gifts to be granted me this day, I honor You.

Keep me firm in faith, watchful in temptation, humble in my successes, and joyful in the face of afflictions, for Your names sake. Without You I can do nothing, but I can do all things through You, who strengthens me.

Help me today to bear clear witness to the hope begotten in me by Your resurrection from the dead. Grant me Your Holy Spirit that I may be dead to sin and alive to holiness. Use me today to bring Your Gospel to some persons who are like sheep without a shepherd, so that they may learn to know You, the Good Shepherd, and find in You rest and peace for their souls.

Lead me in the paths of righteousness this day, Lord Jesus, for Your name’s sake. Amen.

Lord, be with us this day,
Within us to purify us;
Above us to draw us up;
Beneath us to sustain us;
Before us to lead us;
Behind us to restrain us;
Around us to protect us.

(Patrick c389-461)

O Lord, we ask that you would strengthen us with your Holy Spirit, that we may faithfully fulfill our vocation without fraud or deceit; and that we may seek to follow your holy order, rather than satisfy our greedy emotions or desire to gain. And if it pleases you, O Lord, to prosper our labor, give us a mind also to help those in need. And knowing that all good things come from you, give us humility before our neighbors. Do not let us lift ourselves up above those who have not received so generous a portion. And if it pleases you to try and grow us by greater poverty and need than we would desire, grant us grace to know that you will nourish us continually through your generous love. --John Knox

“A Prayer For Spiritual Freedom”

Father, thank You for making the gift of salvation available to whosoever believes. You break every fetter and set our souls free from the sin laden chains that bound and enslaved us. We are no longer held captive to sin but we are now joint heirs with Christ. Our pilgrimage is long and the way is rugged; there are times when we become discouraged and even want to give up. But we press on by keeping our eyes on the prize of the high calling we have in Christ Jesus. We don’t go by feelings nor are we swayed by other’s opinions or their failings. Keep us hungering and thirsting for more of You so that we remain steady in our Christian walk and undeterred by the daily temptations and hindrances the devil hurls at us. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Let those who fear the Lord say: "His love endures forever." When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 118:4–6, NIV

Lord our God, dear Father in heaven, we thank you. How often you rescue us from all fear and distress! How often you hear and answer us! Grant that our hearts may always be eager and joyful because you answer us. There is nothing else for us in this world; you are our one hope, our only hope. You alone can help our times, help the nations, help each person. Nothing else matters to us. Lord our God, for the rest of our life on earth you alone are our help, our comfort, and our strength. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Grant me the wisdom to understand that if I want change in my life I must first look to myself.

Dear Father, Thank you for this beautiful day. As I breath in the fresh air, please help me never forget that each day is a gift.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply