Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

One of the reasons I got involved in service was to give back what was given to me. They said "If I didn't give my recovery away, I wouldn't keep it." This is a selfish program and your recovery comes first. I think it is about balance. It is important to have a life outside of the rooms. That is one of the reasons for recovery, to get a life and start living it and being a part of the word around us.

You can not help those who are willing to work a program. I have let go of several sponsee by saying, "If you aren't willing to work an AA program, I can't be an AA sponsor." I couldn't do it for them, all I could do was carry the message, and what they did with it was none of my business. In Al-Anon, they call it detachment. We don't give advice, tell them what to do, just share our experience, strength and hope.

A lot of the whiners made me grateful that wasn't were I was at. If you aren't enjoying recovery, what are you doing wrong? Have you done the Steps? Do you have a sponsor?

I found that my way wasn't always the right way for someone else, it was about what was good for me and my recovery. I took a little from one, none from another, and a lot from others. I was very involved for the first ten years of my life and then due to health issues, I couldn't go out there and do and the internet has been a way for me to do service in today.

I always say my drug of choice was alcohol, men, pills, men, work, men, food, men, computers, men....

I had to learn to identify, not compare. It isn't about other people, it is about me and what I need to recovery from my dis-ease, which is four-fold, mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical.

Step Two says doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. It says I can be restore me to insanity. Didn't think I was insane. But looking outside of myself to make me feel better, doesn't not make a lot of sense.. My drug of choice was more! This is an inward journey, I travelled the other one for too many years.

It is the God of your understanding. Not how you were told to believe, not what you thought you believed, but going on a personal journey to find your God and build a relationship that is yours, and install a direct line, and leave the line open. My God is always there, it is up to me to acknowledge Him/Her. It doesn't matter what you call your God, as long as you recognize His/Her voice when your prayer is answered. I was told we have a masculine and feminine side and we were made in God's Image. Who heard tell of a man asking for direction. Most men aren't comfortable with showing their emotions and being intimate, I feel it is the feminine side that gives us the love and understanding. The strength, courage, and support comes from the masculine. Whether it is Good Orderly Direction or Divine Orderly Good, Jesus, Buddha, Higher Self, Inner Self, Creator, Supreme Being, The Source, to my way of thinking, my God is ONE! One size fits all.

Don't run away when you hear God mentioned. Just remember that God can't be you. You can't be God to someone or something else, you don't have the power. If you think you are in control, it is an illusion. If it has to be controlled, it is already out of control.

Hope you will continue to come and share with us each day.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply