Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Light on the Way

Light on the Way

by Gail Rodgers

The pathway was pitch black. It felt like I was blind as I carefully moved along stumbling now and then. If only I had remembered the flashlight!

God tells us that His Word is a light on our pathway of life. Yet sometimes the reading of the Bible can become mundane. We can feel ourselves begin to stumble in the dark as we begin to walk and talk in our own wisdom.

Is your path feeling a little shadowed these days? Perhaps the stones of irritation and impatience are getting in your way. Are the pebbles of worry getting into your shoes? Do you splash through puddles of self pity or twist your ankle in potholes of hurt? Is the mud of doubt clogging up your shoes as you try to move along?

Sometimes, without even realizing it, we can begin to live the Christian life in our own strength… and it feels heavy.

God gives us His Word! It is so central to who we are and what we believe! His Word is what brings refreshment and encouragement to our hearts! His Word shows us the truth about who our God is. His Word gently corrects. In the process we find the light we need on our daily path.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path” (Proverbs 3:5,6).

Do you find you have been leaning on your own understanding lately? Trusting Him with all your heart can only come as a result of His Word at work in your heart. And yet it can so easily get set aside in the busyness of our days.

If you long for God in new ways, His Word will reveal Him to you. If things in your life cause you to trip as you go through your day, His Word will reveal that too. He does not ask you to fix anything. He simply asks you to willingly accept the light He reveals through His Word and allow Him to be at work putting it right.

If your heart hungers for Him read the book of John and ask for fresh insight.

* If relationships are causing bumps in your life read the book of Proverbs over the next 31 days and ask God to show you what He wants to fix. Then let Him.
* If your tongue gets you into trouble, read the little book of James and daily ask Him to set a guard at your lips.
* If your heart is weary and doubt is creeping into the secret corners, read the book of Ephesians and ask God to refresh your heart with His purpose and power.
* If you feel small and insignificant to God, read Psalm 139 and embrace what He says about you.

Without God’s Word central in our lives we find ourselves doing our own very best thinking … and it falls so far short of the thinking of God as He reveals Himself to us and gives light on our paths.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, shine Your light on my pathway today through Your Word. Reveal Yourself to me in fresh ways. Help me to embrace the truth of what You say. Speed me on my way with purpose and joy as I intentionally seek our Your Word. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply