Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default God’s will for us is to be at peace no matter

Your Daily Inspiration

I went to bed worrying about a situation and ended up waking up the same way. I tried to read my Bible and spend time in prayer and devotions, but I felt my mind wondering through a host of concerns. I had no peace. All I had was this overwhelming swell of unease. As my mind continued to race, I felt God lovingly nodding me to come back to our quiet time together and focus; and I did try, but this widening pit of anxiety would not let me go. Then, as only God could arrange it my devotional reading specifically dealt with peace and after many unsettled hours I finally exhaled.

How great is our God?!? Here I was full of apprehension and fretfulness, but God said, “Not today, PEACE is your portion.” Hallelujah! Friends, I feel ready to do a run and shout.

It is God’s will for us to be at peace no matter what has been unleashed in our lives and He reminded me of that this morning. We are not to allow cares to steal our peace. We are to give those cares to Him and He will take them and give us His peace instead (Psalm 55:22, 1 Peter 5:7), and I, for one, am grateful for the exchange.

Peace is an important topic to God. It is important to Him that we learn to give all that concerns us over to Him because when we do we show Him that we trust Him with the whole of our lives. He doesn’t want us to waste our time worrying about temporary situations that can change in an instant.

It is easy to slide into the seductive intoxication of anxiety and worry. Trust me I know, but it is not where we as children of God should be. The Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 4:6-7 that we are not to worry about anything that comes our way. All we need to do is give our problems over to God in prayer and He will fill us with peace that escapes human understanding. And I don’t know about you, but I crave His peace.

Today was a real eye-opener. I needed it, because I needed the reminder. I needed to remember that no matter what comes against me God has me. So, there is no need for me to waste my time or energy being upset, anxious or worried when there is peace waiting in the wings.

As His child, He has given each of us the gift of peace. All we need to do is receive it.

-Nina Fortson

“I will listen to you, Lord God, because you promise peace to those who are faithful…” Psalm 85:8 (CEV)

God, I thank You for Your perfect peace which passes all understanding. I open my arms to receive it. In Jesus’ Name, I pray, Amen.

Sisters In Christ
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply