Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - January

January 1

‘Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty’ (Psalm 91:1). Ask God to help you dwell in his shelter throughout this year.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. - Hebrews 13:8

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! – 2 Corinthians 5:17

For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Psalm 57:10

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Praise the Lord. Blessed are those who fear the Lord, who find great delight in his commands. Psalm 112:1

James 5:16b, NLT "The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results."

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! – 2 Corinthians 5:17

Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble. Daniel 4:37

Today’s Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT): “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

Today’s Thought: The King of the universe knows who you are. If that doesn’t excite you, what will? We can trust Him because He knows the ultimate plan for our lives!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for not only saving me but having a plan for my life. I ask that you help me walk in your plan for my life today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. — John 1:1-2
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2017, 05:47 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 2

Lam. 3:22-23, ESV "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Jeremiah 31:17 (NIV) "So there is hope for your future," declares the Lord.

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever. - Psalm 73:26

Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. – Romans 8:17

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:1-2 (NLT): This letter is from Paul, chosen by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and from our brother Sosthenes. I am writing to God’s church in Corinth, to you who have been called by God to be his own holy people. He made you holy by means of Christ Jesus, just as he did for all people everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours.

Today’s Thought: We are called to be God’s holy people. As we begin this next year, let’s keep that in mind and try to be as holy as possible. We won’t be able to do it on our own strength but with God’s help we can.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live a holy life. I put You first in all that I do this next year. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. — 1 Peter 1:13

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:12 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 3

Psalm 25:4, NIV "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths."

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9

Revelation 21:5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. Romans 14:13

Romans 15:13, NLT "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."

1 Peter 2:9, NKJV "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;"

Revelation 7:17 (NIV) For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

Thought: What a glimpse of God's plan for you!

I rejoice in Your word like one who discovers a great treasure. - Psalm 119:162

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:3 (NLT): May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

Today’s Thought: We must ask God for grace and peace especially in today’s world. We need grace when we mess up. We need peace so that we are able to get along with everyone.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me get along with others as I go about my day today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Psalm 31:15 — My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me.

...be made new in the attitude of your minds... —Ephesians 4:23

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." — Matthew 18:20
Old 01-04-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 4

If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs. Deuteronomy 15:7-8

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. 2 Samuel 22:31

James 4:8a, NLT "Come close to God, and God will come close to you."

Jeremiah 31:4 (NIV) I will build you up again...

Thought: God will do something new in you.

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. - Matthew 7:7

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. – Psalm 55:22 (NIV)

By faith Abraham, even though he was past age -- and Sarah herself was barren -- was enabled to become a father because he considered him faithful who had made the promise. Hebrews 11:11

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:4 (NLT): I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.

Today’s Thought: It is important to have thankful heart. God has given us so much to be thankful for. The Lord has also put people in each one of our lives for us to be thankful for. These people are often there to help us grow in our walk with God. Today let’s show them how much we are thankful for them.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for those people You’ve put in my life. I know that they are a gift from You. Please show me how I can show them my gratitude. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Hebrews 11:1 — Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:20 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 5

Psalm 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Ecclesiastes 3:1, KJV "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven…"

Jeremiah 31:4b (NIV) Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful.

Thought: Leave your pain behind. Let God be your healer.

In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your Heavenly Father. - Matthew 5:16

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. —Isaiah 26:9

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. — Psalm 19:1

Lamentations 3:22-23 22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:38 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 6

"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." Psalms 91:11

Matthew 6:34, NIV "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Hebrews 12:1, NLT "...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."

Jeremiah 31:9 (NIV) I will lead them beside streams of water on a level path where they will not stumble...

Thought: He's making a way. Watch for it.

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. - Ephesians 2:10

I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD. —Psalm 104:33-34

2 Corinthians 9:6-9
Generosity Encouraged

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written:

“They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;
their righteousness endures forever.”
Old 01-07-2017, 07:42 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 7

By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. – Psalm 42:8

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Matthew 5:14, ESV "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden."

Psalm 118:24-25, ESV "This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Save us, we pray, O LORD! O LORD, we pray, give us success!"

Hebrews 3:13, NASB "But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin."

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:9 (NLT): God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Today’s Thought: God is faithful. He will do what He says He will do. It does not matter if He promised you something 40 years ago. He does not have Alzheimer’s. Stand firm on the promises of God!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that You help me learn to trust You no matter what my life looks like. I believe in all Your promises. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. —Lamentations 3:22-23

...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. — Isaiah 40:31
Old 01-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 8

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

May the Lord our God be with us as he was with our ancestors; may he never leave us nor forsake us. 1 Kings 8:57

Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. - 1 Thessalonians 4:11

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

3 John 1:2, NIV "Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him... Lamentations 3:25

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. — Ephesians 3:16-17
Old 01-09-2017, 04:06 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 9

Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:30

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves. Philippians 2:3

Ephesians 5:15-16, ESV "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time...."

Jeremiah 31:12 (CEV) My people will come to Mount Zion and celebrate; their faces will glow because of my blessings...

Thought: God has good in store for you.

And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching. - 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” – John 4:13-14
Old 01-10-2017, 06:47 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 10

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:21

A Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. (Luke 2:11)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalms 37:4

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16

James 5:12, ESV "…do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation."

Jeremiah 31:12b (NIV) ...My people will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.

Thought: Hurts have held you back. God will move you forward.

Colossians 3:23, ISV "Whatever you do, work at it wholeheartedly as though you were doing it for the Lord and not merely for people."

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. —Proverbs 16:9

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! — Psalm 139:17
Old 01-11-2017, 06:04 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 11

Proverbs 2:6, ESV "For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;"

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8

2 Chronicles 16:9, NIV "For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

Jeremiah 31:13 (NIV) I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Thought: God is turning the page for you. He knows what you've been through.

Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. - Psalm 37:3

Psalm 62:5-8 — Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. —Psalm 100:1

Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. — Psalm 145:3

Ephesians 4:22-24 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:21 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 12

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Romans 14:19, NIV "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification."

Isaiah 4:5-6 (NIV) Over all the glory will be a canopy. It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain.

Thought: God is there for you!

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. - Ephesians 3:20

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. – Hebrews 11:1

Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. —Psalm 100:2

Psalm 95 - Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.

For the Lord is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.

Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.

Today, if only you would hear his voice,
Old 01-13-2017, 06:46 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 13

Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD. Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. Psalm 119:1-2

1 Corinthians 14:33 "For God is a God not of disorder but of peace."

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. - Ephesians 1:3

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, – Matthew 5:44

Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. —Psalm 100:3

Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. — Hebrews 3:1

Isaiah 43:19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:17 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 14

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. —Psalm 100:4

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.— James 1:17

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 4:19

Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Psalm 18:2 — The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 15

"The Lord will work out his plans for my life -- for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me." Psalm 138:8

And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching. Titus 2:7

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. —Psalm 100:5

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Post New ThreadReply