Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default The blessing in NO!

“The blessing in NO!” by Lakisha J

You may not recognize this but there’s a blessing in the no and the not yet. I know it’s easy for me to say when I am on the outside looking in but think about it. When God tells us no, it’s to test your faith and usually because He has something greater. When the bank turned you down, it made you grind harder to clear your name and your credit. When folk closed the door on you, it made you hustle harder to ensure the next door was yours. When they said you couldn’t do it, it gave you the extra push you needed to prove them wrong. When he said you’d never make it, you did just so he’d see it for himself from afar. When she said you’d never amount to nothing, you made sure you did and even smiled when she congratulated you. There’s power in NO. You knew you couldn’t afford that car, the blessing was being turned down. You knew you weren’t ready for that promotion and the no gave you time to get yourself together. That eviction, repossession or foreclosure allowed you to see God working. Baby, you were blessed when that relationship didn’t work out and because they denied you, you met your ‘real thang.’

This is why I say there’s a blessing in the no and the not yet. Stop forcing something that’s not meant. Stop searching for stuff that you know isn’t yours. Stop trying to get back what has left. See the blessing in the no and the not yet because it’s there. Affirm today… I, (your name), by the power of the living God, declare that today I will no longer chase what isn’t mine. Today, I, (your name), shall no longer be held captive by the word no for I will embrace the blessing in it. Today, I will no longer hang my head in shame but I’ll rejoice in knowing, it’s not my time yet. Today, I will not be afraid of hearing no. Today, I’ll take the no and the not yet, only because I know the kinks are being worked out of my YES! Today, I’ll see the blessing in no, not yet and even goodbye because I know God’s delay does not mean denial.

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply