Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Spiritual Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2014, 02:22 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Learn to recognize when something isn't working or isn't flowing. Step back and wait for clear guidance.

Today, I will not make myself crazy by repeatedly trying solutions that have proven themselves unsuccessful. If something isn't working, I will step back and wait for guidance.

Language of Letting Go for June 28, posted in 2011

Today, I will not make myself crazy by repeatedly trying solutions that have proven themselves unsuccessful. If something isn't working, I will step back and wait for guidance.

Melody Beattie
I think everyone can identify with this statement. I tried and tried my way for years. My best thinking got me to the doors of recovery. Why should I continue to do the same thing over and over again, and expect different results.

Today, I try to listen for that guidance. Little things along the way on each day's journey, affirms my God is with me. Like getting my two special note pads on sale for $1. in a store I seldom go by and never go in. Today finding pineapple, peeled and cored in a store that is more economically friendly than where I normally get it.

Having thoughts of my friend and having her call me. Having thoughts of my other friend and me calling her. I saw a Hello Kitty Doll today and asked the price and was told it was $8.99. I thought not worth it. Found out it was $2. cheaper, but didn't buy it although I was tempted. I kept thinking of the new microwave I am trying to save up for.

Across the top of my monitor is a bear, a frog, a pink pig, and a reindeer. I didn't have room for her anyway and she was white, and I envisioned her to be a good dust magnet. I thought, in the past, it would have been thought, react. It would have been bought, because I wanted it and to heck with anything else.

I have had to change the thinking, I had to still my mind, and in that stillness, say the Serenity Prayer, ask for the guidance and in the quiet, listen for the answer. The guidance is there. Sometimes it is subtle, other times it feels like a cast iron frying pan. Today I wanted to buy flowers. It was only $3.99 for a bouquet. I was wanting to ignore the fact that they were fresh flower and if I had brought them home, I would have ended up with a sinus headache, be all stuffed up and would have to use my inhaler, and my eyes would water and I wouldn't be able to read. Acceptance is the key. I can look but can't touch. I need to play the tape to the end.

Came to a new awareness, that voice inside isn't always my Higher Power, quite often it can be my disease that is talking.

When I see what people do, act, don't do, or say, and my mind still says or thinks, "Your a$$ is sucking air." I know that I am still in my disease. I know that it is anger, resentment, or a lack of me working part of my program. There are a few choice words in my mind lately, and I came to realize it was my resentment and anger, along with some suppressed feelings and not vocalizing what I really wanted to say. They use to be a lot worse, but that doesn't make them right. It isn't who I want to be in today.

My God wants me to be loving, caring and forgiving, so one day at a time, I will listen to His Guidance and ask for the healing of my own thoughts.

Our disease show up in different forms and often comes out in disguise. Thankfully it doesn`t take so long to recognize it, unless I am in total denial. i.e. My eating half a pan of brownies. Did I ever tell you that I like Garfield. He is the perfect example of a food addict.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply