Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2023, 05:35 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - December 1

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

If we ask, God will help.

Trusting God helps us keep our balance in a chaotic world.

Remembering all that God does for us strengthens us to keep going.

If we are willing servants, God can use us for divine purpose anywhere.

God wants to be intimately involved in our everyday lives.

When everything seems to go against us, God is the only One who is for us.

No matter how unfair life may seem, God offers hope in its darkest hours.

Powerless by Tom
When was the last time you felt completely powerless?
Maybe it was it this morning when you welcomed the day then remembered you could not move without assistance.
Maybe it was when your boss called you into his office and informed you that you were being terminated.
Maybe it was when your bank called and informed you that there were insufficient funds to cover the checks you had written.
Maybe it was when a loved one called to tell you that the tests results confirmed that their cancer was malignant.
Maybe it was when your child took off with their boyfriend / girlfriend leaving a note saying they were going to get married.
Maybe it was when you doctor called and asked for you to come to her office to discuss an unusual shadowing on your X-ray.
Maybe it was when you were called on to speak in a meeting when you were totally unprepared.
Maybe it was when the nurse placed your baby in your arms for the first time and the reality of being a parent washed over you.
Maybe it was during you first year of marriage when the disagreement turned to an ugly argument and you had that twinge of doubt.
Maybe it was when you first realized your sinful nature and that your sin separated you from God.
On any given day we can be reminded of our powerlessness, our inability to save ourselves, and our need for help...especially our need for a savior. The good news is that our God understands our powerlessness and has provided for us.
[6] You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. [7] Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. [8] But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:6-8, NIV)
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. [8] Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. [9] But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. " Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. [10] That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10, NIV)
This week when you are reminded that you are powerless, also be reminded that you are a child of the One who has all power and He looks forward to filling you with His power.

YOU ARE NOT A NOBODY by Charles Swindoll
1. Who taught Martin Luther his theology and inspired his translation of the New Testament?
2. Who visited Dwight L. Moody at a shoe store and spoke to him about Christ?
3. Who was the wife of Charles Haddon Spurgeon?
4. Who was the elderly woman who prayed faithfully for Billy Graham for over twenty years?
5. Who financed William Carey's ministry in India?
6. Who refreshed the apostle Paul in that Roman dungeon as he wrote his last letter to Timothy?
7. Who helped Charles Wesley get underway as a composer of hymns?
8. Who found the Dead Sea Scrolls?
9. Who followed Hudson Taylor and gave the China Inland Mission its remarkable vision, direction?
10. Who were the parents of the godly and gifted prophet Daniel?
Okay, how did you do? Over fifty percent? Maybe twenty-five percent? Not quite that good? Before you excuse your inability to answer the questions by calling the quiz "trivia," better stop and think. Had it not been for those unknown people - those "nobodies" - a huge chunk of church history would be missing, and a lot of lives would have been untouched.
Nobodies!
What a necessary band of men and women...
servants of the King...
yet nameless in the kingdom!
Men and women who, with silent heroism, yet faithful diligence, relinquish the limelight and live in the shade of public figures. What was it Jim Elliot, the martyred messenger of the gospel to the Aucas, once called missionaries? Something like a bunch of nobodies trying to exalt Somebody.
But don't mistake anonymous for unnecessary. Otherwise, the whole Body gets crippled - even paralyzed... or, at best, terribly dizzy as the majority of the members within the Body become diseased with self-pity and discouragement. Face it, friend, the Head of the Body calls the shots. It is His prerogative to publicize some and hide others. Don't ask me why He chooses whom He uses. If it's His desire to use you as a Melanchthon rather than a Luther... or a Kimball rather than a Moody... or an Onesiphorus rather than a Paul... or a Hoste rather than a Taylor, relax!
Better than that, give God praise! You're among that elite group mentioned in I Corinthians 12 as: "...some of the parts that seemed weakest and least important are really the most necessary... So God has put the body together in such a way that extra honor and care are given to those parts that might otherwise seem less important (vv. 22,24, TLB).
If it weren't for the heroic "nobodies," we wouldn't have top-notch officers to give a church its leadership or quality sound when everyone shows up to worship or janitors who clean when everyone is long gone or committees to provide dozens of services behind the scenes or mission volunteers who staff offices at home or work in obscurity overseas with only a handful of people. Come to think of it, if it weren't for the faithful "nobodies," you wouldn't even have this [paper] in your hands right now.
Nobodies. . . exalting Somebody.
Are you one? Listen to me! It's the "nobodies" Somebody chooses so carefully. And when He has selected you for that role, He does not consider you a nobody. Be encouraged!

Finding Guidance by Gail Rodgers
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” (Psalm 119:105)
Day after day and week after week one of the top searches on my website is “Prayers for Guidance”. The searches come from a variety of countries around the world. I am always struck with the common bond that brings us together across our globe. Life can be very challenging in these changing days our world is facing. When strength is weak or the way ahead is blurred people reach out for divine help. There is a deep hunger for God to guide us through the maze of life.
Guidance from God always originates in one place: His Word. Yes, others may offer input into our lives and confirm or caution the way we are heading. Our own instincts can be helpful as we pay attention to our own spirit. Good books can give us inspiration. Yet true guidance comes as we seek out God’s word and actively listen, embrace and walk in the ways the Lord God directs in His word.
The practicality of God’s word is amazing. Ask God to guide you as you take time to read the divine writing that He gave for your instruction, teaching, conviction, for setting things aright and for walking in truth so that we may be complete and equipped for every good work.
“God has breathed life into all of Scripture. It is useful for teaching us what is true. It is useful for correcting our mistakes. It is useful for making our lives whole again. It is useful for training us to do what is right. By using Scripture, a man of God can be completely prepared to do every good thing.” (2 Timothy 3:16 & 17, NIRV).
Father God, Too often Your word gathers dust as we rush around and seek to gather our insights from so many other places. Forgive us. Stir our hearts to reach for Your word. Speak to our hearts by the power of the Holy Spirit. Change our lives as we lean into all You are and all You offer through Your word and Your Spirit. Thank you for Your amazing word to us. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Questions: Which verses do you go to when you need direction? Why do you think we are so quick to look for guidance from other people and places?

A Different Season by Sally L. Kennedy
There is a time for everything. He has made everything beautiful in its time. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. Ecclesiasted 3:1, 11, 14
We strolled casually along, crunching dry leaves underfoot. Autumn leaf color had peaked. The last vestige of fall was visible on the short path around the mountain lake.
Apricot and gold leaves silently floated from scratchy bare branches, piling up under trees where there had been a shady canopy of graceful green trees meeting overhead.
This was a different season from the last time we’d been at the lake. During this next season, these lovely, large trees could rest for awhile. In fact they would soon be laced with snow, predicted for later in the week.
In life we have more than four seasons. All of them are good, all a gift, although sometimes it doesn’t seem that way. If, however, we search out reasons, there might be a valuable lesson involved or perhaps just a chance to rest and refuel.
Whatever it is, different seasons are part of God’s big plan. And that’s good news.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

He Knows Me by Chuck Swindoll
"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely."
"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in hell, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139:1-4, 7-10, 13-16, 23-24)
"Behind the scenes, before He ever flung the stars into space, God had today in mind. He had this very week in mind. In fact, He had you in mind. And He knew exactly what He was going to do. God is never at a loss to know what He’s going to do in our situations. He knows perfectly well what is best for us."

Still Not Enough by Tom Norvell
Like most people, I have spent the last week being reminded of and expressing gratitude for all the ways I have been blessed.
I have expressed my gratitude for the abundance of really good food that I have enjoyed. I have expressed my gratitude for having a warm, dry place to sleep, to eat, and to watch television. I have expressed my gratitude for having clean water to drink and hot water to shave and bathe with.
I have expressed my gratitude for cars that run, mechanics that keep them running, good streets, highways to travel and gas that has dropped significantly in price. I have expressed my gratitude for having a closet full of clothes... some of which are too small for me to wear because of all the good food that I have enjoyed. I have expressed my gratitude that I have an attic to store stuff that I use one time a year and some stuff that I don't use at all.
I have expressed my gratitude for a loving wife who cooks all the good food that I have eaten which has caused me to have clothes in my closet that I cannot wear, for being a Dad, and for having a rich heritage of extended family that knows how to laugh, how to cry, and how to love, and for having friends. I have expressed my gratitude for being entrusted with the privilege of studying God's Word and the opportunity to share what I have learned.
I have expressed my gratitude for good medical care, and for the freedoms, rights and responsibilities of being a citizen of this country. I have expressed my gratitude for the Savior who was willing to die for my sins.
I acknowledge that I have been blessed, that I am blessed, and I have every reason to believe that I will continue to be blessed.
Yet, something is not right. Something is still missing. I am not where I want to be. I want to be more like Christ. I want to be a better follower of Jesus, a better leader of His people, and a better example to my neighbors.
I want to be a better husband. I want to be a better Dad. I want to be a better preacher, teacher, and counselor. I want to be better friend. Though real, my discontent is not unique. Paul expressed his desire like this: "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:1-14)
Father, You have blessed me beyond my wildest imagination, but it's still not enough. I still want more. I long for more of You in me.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Rejoice that I am with you and among you, says the Lord. I have called you to be a light in the darkness, and you shall shine and bring My glory into every situation if you will only surrender to My leading. Do not despair when you see darkness and godlessness all around you, for I tell you honestly that the deeper and more profound the darkness, the more prevalent your light. Shine on! Matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

When your emotions tend to be like a roller coaster ride, stop and let My truth prevail. Stand on the firm foundation of My Word and refuse to allow discouragement or disappointment to plunge you into darkness. Stay in the light. I am with you to establish you in peace and strengthen your heart, says the Lord. Be strong and determined to press through! Psalms 7:9 Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the just; for the righteous God tests the hearts and minds.

You will be tested by hindrances and tempted with impatience. Stay calm and move as efficiently through your circumstances as possible and avoid stress as much as you can. Desperate times call for desperate measures, but emotional desperation will only produce chaos. You must do whatever it takes to stay in peace and show mercy, says the Lord. Psalms 18:25 With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; with a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless.

Beloved, take your stand on My Word and allow nothing to undermine your faith in any way. Be aware that the enemy will do what he can to cause you to entertain doubt or fear that will abort My plans and purposes, says the Lord. Nothing is impossible with Me. Only believe! Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."

Make a determination that you are hidden in Me, says the Lord; that your life is not your own, but you belong to Me completely. Everything you think, say, or do must come from the wellspring of My life in you. Do not wear your Christianity as a badge of honor, but be humble and let the depth of your commitment be intimate and sacred. I see the secret place of your heart and the strength of your dedication to My kingdom, and I will reward you. Romans 14:5-6 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

Guard your heart, and do not allow the systems of the world to divide your affections. Your dedication to Me and My kingdom must be as strong and sure as eternity. Temporary conditions and demands cannot take preeminence, so you have to watch for all manner of seduction that would take you away from spiritual reality, says the Lord. Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

When you find yourself in a position of misunderstanding or an altercation, your first instinct is to fight for the victim position so that you do not have to take the blame. But honestly if you do this, it will only make the problem worse. I call you to take the position of humility and integrity instead of trying to protect your tenuous and questionable innocence. Be the first to apologize for your part in the division, says the Lord, for in doing so you will be able to defuse the situation. Matthew 5:23-26 "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I have brought you into the kingdom, for such a time as this, that you might grow exceedingly and abundantly beyond all that you can imagine or think of as My work is being developed and demonstrated in you. For, I am the Lord of glory. I am about to bring you into the glory of the end of the age. Strengthen yourself. When I call to you be ready. When I send, you go. When I say to you, sit down, please do so. When I say arise and go forth, do that as well. Understand that in this season I will make Myself known to you in ways that you have not known Me before. So, arise to the task and allow your faith to soar. This is a time when the greatest of My people shall arise to their positions of glory and demonstration by the power of faith, says the Lord.

A Child Of Yours by Nancy Burr
I don't know why You chose me,
To be a child of Yours.
Or why You stay close by me,
And open many doors.
I don't know why You want me Lord,
I don't deserve Your love.
And yet You chose to die for me,
And bless me from above.
I don't know why You stick by me,
When I don't come to You.
I wander off and lose my way,
Then don't know what to do.
But suddenly I feel Your touch,
Surround my heart and soul.
You've promised me You'll never leave,
And that You'll make me whole.
I feel so blessed and honoured too,
To be a child of Yours.
Although I do not understand,
On me Your love just pours.
It flows like water over me,
Refreshing and so sweet.
I'm overflowing with You Lord,
You make me feel complete.
I don't know why You chose me,
To be a child of Yours.
But Lord I'm just so thankful,
That I'm a child of Yours.

Sweet Jesus by Nancy Burr
When I think of my sweet Jesus,
My heart feels safe and warm.
I have no doubt He's right beside me,
In any kind of storm.
My Jesus knows what's best for me,
My faith it will not fade.
Wherever He may lead me to,
I will not be afraid.
The path I'm on is sometimes rough,
But I will not be shaken.
For as long as I keep holding on,
My faith cannot be taken.
At times I know I fail and fall,
But Jesus picks me up.
He holds me in His loving arms,
And says, "child don't give up."
I know I don't deserve my Lord,
But He's always here with me.
I can count on my sweet Jesus,
He is wonderful to me.

The Lord says, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” Lamentations 3:22-24

Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16

6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. Matthew 6:6

32 “For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God? 33 God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect. 2 Samuel 22:32-33

REMEMBER THE DUCK Author Unknown
There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with, out in the woods. He practiced in the woods, but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back to dinner.
As he was walking back, he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let fly, hit the duck square in the head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved. In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his sister watching. Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.
After lunch that day grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes." But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen today, didn't you Johnny?" And then she whispered to him, "Remember, the duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.
Later Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing, and Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper."
But Sally smiled and said, "Well, that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help." And she whispered again, "Remember, the duck?" So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed.
After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's, he finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he killed the duck. She knelt down, gave him a hug, and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing. But because I love you, I forgave you. But I was just wondering how long would you let Sally make a slave of you."
I don't know what's in your past. I don't know what one sin the enemy keeps throwing up in your face. But whatever it is, I want you to know something. Jesus Christ was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing. But because He loves you, He is ready to forgive you. Perhaps He's wondering how long you'll let the enemy make a slave out of you. The great thing about God is that He not only forgives, but He forgets.

Thank you, Lord, for always being with us so that when we face difficulties, we can turn to you for help. When we feel overwhelmed, surround us with your presence and peace. Make us alert to opportunities today to share with others, both materially and spiritually. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Ezekiel 47
1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar. 2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side. 3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles. 4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins. 5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over. 6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river. 7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other. 8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. 9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. 10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. 11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt. 12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine. 13 Thus saith the Lord God; This shall be the border, whereby ye shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions. 14 And ye shall inherit it, one as well as another: concerning the which I lifted up mine hand to give it unto your fathers: and this land shall fall unto you for inheritance. 15 And this shall be the border of the land toward the north side, from the great sea, the way of Hethlon, as men go to Zedad; 16 Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim, which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath; Hazarhatticon, which is by the coast of Hauran. 17 And the border from the sea shall be Hazarenan, the border of Damascus, and the north northward, and the border of Hamath. And this is the north side. 18 And the east side ye shall measure from Hauran, and from Damascus, and from Gilead, and from the land of Israel by Jordan, from the border unto the east sea. And this is the east side. 19 And the south side southward, from Tamar even to the waters of strife in Kadesh, the river to the great sea. And this is the south side southward. 20 The west side also shall be the great sea from the border, till a man come over against Hamath. This is the west side. 21 So shall ye divide this land unto you according to the tribes of Israel. 22 And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel. 23 And it shall come to pass, that in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye give him his inheritance, saith the Lord God.

Dear God, when someone hurts us, help us to remember how much you have forgiven us. Take our pain and give us your grace to forgive others as you have forgiven us, as we pray, “Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.”* Amen. *Luke 11:2-4

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply