Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default God Box

A Place For Worries
Surrender Box

There are times when our minds become too full. Our to-do lists, worries, plans, and dreams may be so crowded together in our heads that we don't have room to think. We may believe that we are somehow taking care of our desires and concerns by keeping them at the forefront of our minds. In maintaining our mental hold on every detail, however, we may actually delay the realization of our dreams and the resolution of our worries because we won't let them go. At times such as these, we may want to use a surrender box.

A surrender box allows us to let go of our worries and desires so the universe can take care of them for us. We write down what we want or need to happen and then place the note into a box. By writing and placing our thoughts in the box, we are taking action and letting the universe know we need help and are willing to surrender our feelings.

We give ourselves permission to not concern ourselves with that problem any longer and trust that the universe is taking care of it. You may even want to decorate your box and place it in a special place. Your surrender box is a sacred container for your worries. Not only do you free up space in your mind by letting go of our worries and desires and dropping them into your surrender box, but you are giving your burden over to a higher power. Once we drop our worries and desires into the surrender box, we free our minds so we can be fully present in each moment.

Surrendering our worries and concerns and placing them in the hands of the universe doesn't mean that we've given up or have been defeated. Instead, we are releasing the realization of our desires and the resolution of our worries and no longer concerning ourselves with their outcomes. It's always fun to go back and pull the slips of paper out of the box once your requests have been granted. And it's amazing how quickly problems go away and dreams come true when we finally let go and allow a higher power to help us.

www.dailyom.com

Sounds like a God Box to me. Doesn't matter what it is, it works. I was told that I could take it out of the box as long as I yelled at God and said, "I am not waiting on you, I can do this better than you can."

See the following...

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

I have in my hands two boxes,
Which God gave me to hold.
He said, “Put all your sorrows in the black box,
And all your joys in the gold.”

I heeded His words, and in the two boxes,
Both my joys and sorrows I stored.
But though the gold became heavier each day,
The black was as light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black,
I wanted to find out why,
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole,
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.

I showed the hole to God, and mused,
“I wonder where my sorrows could be!”
He smiled a gentle smile and said,
“My child, they’re all here with me.”

I asked God, why He gave me the boxes,
Why the gold and the black with the hole?
“My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,
The black is for you to let go.”

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
markala

Default gold and black box

This is good Magesty Jo. Even though I recently gave a problem to God to handle for me, I forget to do it more times than not. Thanks for the reminder. Incidentally the problem I gave God is still not resolved, but it's no longer bothering me.
markala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markala For Sharing:
Old 08-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Went to a NA meeting, and a guy celebrated his anniversary with God Bags, made out of brown lunch bags decorated up, using the same concept.

In my group, Freedom of Recovery, we used coffee cans, which represented 1) I can't, 2) God can. We used our left over coffee tins and made one up for anyone who wanted one.

We may not verbally say I yelled at God and said, "I am not waiting on you, I can do this better than you can.", yet mentally we often do it subconsciously.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply