Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 10/25

Open your heart to Jesus. Allow Him to control your life. Make Him your everything, meditate His word daily and you will see your life will never be the same again. ~Malene Mendoza

God opens the door of hope when I can't reach the handle.

H E L P = His Ever-Loving Presence.

When you feel alone and afraid, remember who accompanies you! Turn to God for the comfort of His presence and the calming of your fears. He will embrace you as a friend with His word. God will protect you--He is behind, alongside, and ahead of you. --Susan Miller

When we look for God, we will see wonders all around us.

Swim through your temptations and troubles. Run to the promises; they are our Lord's branches hanging over the water so that His children may take a grip of them. --Samuel Rutherford

"Keep your eyes on Me dear ones and let Me wipe each tear For I am GOD and in control. So live in peace, not fear."

Go enjoy the beauty God has given all this day. Just remember to thank him tonight when you pray! --Becky LaPrarie

God didn't say life would be easy. He tells us to trust, He will be there. So I will hold on and keep the faith and stay within His tender loving care. Just rest in Me, I will be your strength. --Bernice Ward

My Creator, take my hand and guide me through today.

No one understands like Jesus.

God is always active, even when events in our life have slowed to a snail's pace, we can rejoice in the assurance that God's work is being done, and well.

God is able to bring good out of tragedy.

God is able to change those we might consider unreachable.

The Almighty God, is everything to me. When I need a friend, He is there to hold me. When I need a miracle in my life, He is "the way maker!" God is omniscient; He knows all. Because He is perfect in knowledge He knows what is best for me. When I am unsure which way to go, I can confidently trust Him to lead and guide me. When I yield to Him, He is "able to do exceedingly abundantly above all I could ask or think!"

Keep Doing What Is Right
Good Morning!
My thought for today: In life, what sometimes appears to be an end is really a new beginning. A kindergarten teacher was helping one of her students put on his boots. He asked for help and she could see why. With her pulling and him pushing, the boots still didn't want to go on. When she finally got them on, she almost cried when he said, "Teacher, they're on the wrong feet." She looked and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on. She managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots back on-this time on the right feet. He then announced, "Teacher, these aren't my boots." She bit her tongue rather than scream. Once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off. He then said, "They're my brother's boots, my mom made me wear them today." She didn't know if she should laugh or cry. She mustered up the grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again. When finished she said, "Now, where are your mittens?" He said, "I stuffed them in the toes of my boots." Imagine that teacher's reaction! We've all been there at some time in our life. We're trying to do the right thing, but at every turn it seems our efforts get blocked. The end of the teacher's story is that once she had all the information and got the mittens out, the boots went on easily. It took patience, perseverance, and self-control to get the job done. I'm talking to someone today - you're trying to do the right thing but at every turn it seems as though your efforts are blocked. Remember the thought for today: In life what sometimes appears to be an end, is really a new beginning. God will help you accomplish your goal if you just let Him. God bless you and have a great day. --Pastor's Message of the Day

God Uses F-A-T People by Dick Innes
"I sought for a man among them who would build up a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one." (Ezekiel 22:30)
Whenever God has a job to do and a gap to be filled, he always starts by choosing and calling an individual. While men use methods, God's methods are men and women.
To start a nation to use as his special witness on earth, God chose and called Abraham to be the father of ancient Israel. When God wanted to lead this young nation out of slavery in Egypt, he chose and called Moses. And so it was with Joseph, Samuel, Esther, David, John the Baptist, Mary, Peter, Paul and scores of other lesser known individuals.
God today is still urgently looking for people who are willing to stand in the gap to help save lost souls from a lost and hopeless eternity and to do his work here on earth. The kind of people God is looking for, chooses, and calls are F - A - T people. That is: Faithful... Available... Teachable...
F - Faithful - You don't have to be a Peter, Paul or a John the Baptist for God to use. Think of the twelve disciples. What a motley crew - rugged fishermen, a despised tax gatherer and the like - they were. God uses other ordinary people like them too, people who daily trust their life and way to God and, with his help, seek to serve and obey him faithfully in all the circumstances of life.
A - Available - Years ago I told God that I was too afraid to be a witness for him and that I was quitting. "However, God," I prayed, "if you want to use me to share the gospel with others, I'm available, but you'll have to do it through me because I'm too scared." The result? Today God is using our small organizations to reach thousands around the world with the gospel and Christian message every day. This is because I made - and make myself available every day - for God to use. He will in some way do the same for you if you daily make yourself available to him to use.
T - Teachable - One reason God used the disciples was, not only because they were faithful and available, but also because they were teachable. Naturally they spent three years with the Master Teacher par Excellence and had a lot to learn about the Christian way, especially because it was brand new to them and everyone else in their day.
We also need to be teachable and learn God's ways more clearly by studying and knowing what his Word, the Bible, teaches and applying the principles found therein in our everyday living.
So, if you want God to use you to be a part of what he is doing in your world today, I urge you to pray and tell God you are available and renew that prayer and commitment every day.
Suggested prayer: "Dear God, I'm available again today. Help me to be faithful and teachable to learn your ways more clearly, and please use me to be as Jesus in some way to every life I touch today. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' Name. Amen."

Psalm 55:6 And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! For then would I fly away, and be at rest.
The boat took off at a high speed, and the towline lifted with a jerk. Jeff's arms strained to hold on, but he held the bar tightly in his hands. As the wind filled the parasail behind him, he felt himself rise up into the air. He was flying! The water rushed by beneath him, and he could see for miles. He let go of the bar and grabbed two steering guides dangling in front of him. He felt the freedom and joy of taking wing. His spirit swelled within him. He'd never felt a joy like this before in his life.
There are many breathtaking experiences in this life that God has given to us. He has reserved some special things for each of us. These experiences help us touch the wonder of God. They involve us in His mystery, and they remind us of just how great He is. Embrace life fully. Try new things. The Lord is offering you new excitement and opportunity every day of your life.
Prayer: Grant me wings to soar, Father. Set me upon high places and show me the wonders of Your love. Open my heart to new things, and watch me grow. Amen. Author Unknown

You Are Being Watched by David Jeremiah
And the LORD, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed. – Deuteronomy 31:8
A little guy is nervous about riding the bus to school for the very first time. But, for reassurance, his dad waits with him at the bus stop. After his son is safely on the bus, the father quickly gets in his car, takes a shortcut to the school, and parks his car near where the bus will unload. When the bus arrives and his son gets off, he looks up and sees his father giving him a "thumbs up." His father was the last person he saw before boarding the bus and the first person he saw getting off. The father repeated the routine for five straight days that first week. It was like the father had been there the whole time.
And in a sense, he had been. Even though the child couldn't see his father during the trip, he knew his father had made sure he was safe. And it's the same way with God. We don't see Him with us physically, but the witness of the Spirit in us lets us know that we are children of a Father whose care never ceases (Romans 8:14-17).
Between the Spirit and the angels of God (Hebrews 1:14), you are never alone. The Father is watching over you – at this very moment – and wherever you go today.

Waves Author Unknown
They build up under the surface of the water, becoming larger and larger as the moments tick away. Then they crest, roll over, make a very loud noise, bubble and foam, then finally dissipate. This is the pattern of the wave as I have observed it this week while on vacation at the beach. Waves at the beach are never ending. One is gone, and the next rolls in, one after another. Some are larger and louder than others, but they keep rolling into shore.
I believe life's problems are like that. They build up, peak, and dissipate. They may be large, small, or in-between, but they keep on coming. They may crash your life with a resounding bang or make a more soft and subtle noise, but they keep on coming. They may deal with emotions, health, finances, family relationships, or a variety of other difficulties one must face in a lifetime, but they keep on coming.
As long as we live in this world, we will face one dilemma after another, be it large or small. The unending load gets heavy after a while, and the waves of life can beat away at a person the same as ocean waves pound at the shoreline. Jesus has told us to come to Him with our burdens and He will give us rest. He said to cast our cares upon Him, for He cares for us. He said He would send the Holy Spirit to be our comforter and guide; to give us wisdom and the strength to survive the battering waves of life. He promised this in the Bible to all who will reach out to Him and believe in Him.
If the constant waves of life are beating you down, depleting life's energy out of you, like the grains of sand that are pulled back into the ocean with each wave, call upon Jesus. He will answer the call – you can count on Him.

Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Thomas was a proud man. He had never liked admitting that he might need help from someone else. His daddy had taught him that the only way a man was worth his salt was to stand on his own two feet. Thomas had always tried to live by that rule, but now he was at a loss. His wife was sick, and he didn't know where to turn. The doctors were doing all they could, but Thomas felt helpless. Though it felt strange to him, Thomas got down on his knees to pray. Self-consciously, Thomas asked the Lord's help, and in his hour of quiet desperation, he was answered.
God wants us to need Him. He made us to need help, not to try to do everything on our own. When times get tough, God wants us to open our hearts to Him, that He might be made real to us. Call upon God from your brokenness, and He will be faithful to answer.
Prayer: When all else fails, I turn to You, Lord . I should not wait until situations get bad, but I do. Be with me to help me in the hardest of times, and stay with me in all times, that I might know You better. Amen. Author Unknown

My Love Letter To God by Carol
Lord, I love you with such a love I have never felt before. Your love overtakes me and all I can do is cry. I lift up my hands in praising You for staying on the cross and giving up Your life for me. People of the world say You are not real but I know differently. I know differently. When there was NO ONE to help me You came in and told me what to do. Hallelujah! Praise God! I bend to Your correction and teaching gladly. I have finally learned how to rest in You and your Peace when the enemy TRIES to attack me. If he tries I just open the Bible and start reading to him. It is the SPOKEN WORD of God that he hates and he will flee. I will be obedient when the Lord says do this or that. All He wants us to do is to love Him and be obedient to His every word. Yes, I fail at times but He is full of Grace and Mercy to forgive me. I don't have to earn His forgiveness, it's free. Seems like I am always asking the Lord to forgive me for something. My Love, your Mercy and Grace endures forever. Oh my, one day I shall see you face to face. I have often thought how it will be but I'm sure it's greater. I could not stand being separated from YOU. Keep me ever so close to You. I want to hear that still small voice always talking to me no matter what. Holy Spirit guide me in the way my Father wants me to go. I am a child of God and no one can change that. He is my only Father here on earth and in Eternity.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
In a vision I saw what appeared to be Elijah in the cave. He was at the point of having been through the fire, the wind and the earthquake, and God was asking him what he was doing there. I knew this scene was representative of us (God's people), and I heard the Lord say: I know the challenges and difficulties that you have endured, but truly the worst is over. I am going to send you on your way to My destination for you. Take heart and release the past. You must do this before you can move forward in divine progression. 1 Kings 19:11-13 Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

Beloved, refuse to allow anything to undermine or destroy your faith. I know that you have wondered if your faith and hope are enough to break through your challenges. And I tell you, Yes. It is enough to sustain you. Don't waver in your belief that there is spiritual, invisible help available to you in every situation. Put your trust in Me, and be strong, says the Lord. Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you."

You are indeed entering a new season where old things are coming to a conclusion. Take time to remember and be grateful for those who have been a help to you along the way, and be ready to move on to the next phase of your life. This phase will also have challenges to face and victories to win, but you must go forth with courage and faith in order to make the most of it. I am with you and for you, says the Lord. Isaiah 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Rely on Me, says the Lord, for I am your strength when you feel weak and unable to rise to the occasion. When you cannot raise yourself up, let Me lift you up. Nothing is too difficult for Me. Believe that I will intervene on your behalf and do that which is beyond your human energy or ability to achieve. Your faith will make it possible. Mark 11:22 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God."

Establish spiritual presence where you live and everywhere you go. Let the light of My Spirit shine through you to exhibit righteousness, peace and joy, says the Lord. This is your first and most enduring witness of My kingdom. In order to do this, you must deal with the thoughts and emotions that do not exemplify spiritual integrity. Go forth in purity. Romans 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I say to you My people, it is a true saying, that in Me you live and in Me you move and in Me you possess the essence of who you are. I encourage you to continue your life in Me and allow the life that I have given you to grow. Come forward in this season with understanding, for in this season I will give an extra ordinary measure of the ability to see and to hear that which I am preparing to do. The world itself cries out for restoration, and the sons of God are bringing forth the power that will release creation into the fullness of this destiny and bring a glorious deliverance to that which I have created. Take advantage of every opportunity for restoration--My glory resting upon you. And, in the glory of this restoration you shall see changes come forth. Watch closely now for from glory to glory you shall be changed into the image of the Most Holy One. Let it happen this day. In your heart embrace it and say, Lord let it happen to me according to your word.

As I was walking down life's highway many years ago
I came upon a sign that read Heavens Grocery Store.
When I got a little closer the doors swung open wide
And when I came to myself I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels. They were standing everywhere
One handed me a basket and said "My child shop with care."
Everything a human needed was in that grocery store
And what you could not carry you could come back for more

First I got some Patience. Love was in that same row.
Further down was Understanding, you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of Wisdom and Faith a bag or two.
And Charity of course I would need some of that too.

I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost It was all over the place.
And then some Strength and Courage to help me run this race.
My basket was getting full but I remembered I needed Grace,

And then I chose Salvation for Salvation was for free
I tried to get enough of that to do for you and me.
Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything to do the Masters will.

As I went up the aisle I saw Prayer and put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside I would run into sin.
Peace and Joy were plentiful, the last things on the shelf.
Song and Praise were hanging near so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the angel "Now how much do I owe?"
He smiled and said "Just take them everywhere you go."
Again I asked "Really now, How much do I owe?"
"My child" he said, "God paid your bill a long long time ago."
Author Unknown

The Morning Glory

I awaken to the glory of the morn',
sunshine streaking, birds cheerfully cheeping,
another day is born.

The Morning Glory inaudibly climbs,
and shares its shy beauty, so rare.
And, we know that behind its mystery,
Our Creative God is there.

He blesses us with sunshine,
He blesses us with rain,
because it's only through the showers,
that do we not, remain the same.

So, as this new day awakens,
and I'm cradled securely in Your arms,
May Your love forever keep me safe,
and sheltered from all storms.
~© Sandra Lewis Pringle~

O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home!
--Isaac Watts

Children of the heavenly King,
As we journey let us sing;
Sing our Savior's worthy praise,
Glorious in His works and ways.
--John Cennick

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4-5

Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Psalm 117

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore. Psalm 125:2

THE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU by Alan Smith
A teenager, Elizabeth, was nervous as she took the wheel for her first driving lesson. As she was pulling out of the parking lot, the instructor said, "Turn left here, and don't forget to let the people behind you know what you are doing."
Elizabeth turned to the students sitting in the backseat and announced, "I'm going left."
Though it may not have been understood properly, the instruction of the teacher was a valuable piece of advice: "Let the people behind you know what you are doing."
In Hebrews 2:10, Jesus is referred to as "the author of our salvation" (NKJV). The RSV, though, translates that phrase as "pioneer of our salvation" because the Greek word used in this verse ("archegos") was a word sometimes used for a pioneer or trailblazer who opened up a territory so that others could follow.
I love the Appalachian Mountains. When I lived in Boone, I often wondered what it would have been like in the early 1700's to cross those mountains -- no interstates, not even any dirt roads, just trees and bushes. There were mountain men who had braved the frontier, but there was no safe and reliable way to get settlers over the mountains. What was needed was for some brave man, a "pioneer", to open the west by finding the best mountain passes and building a passable road to the west.
The idea of the pioneer is an appropriate image of Christ. He went before us and opened up the way so that we can follow.
But you, too, are called to be an "archegos", a pioneer who blazes the way for others to follow. There are those who work with you and live around you who are looking to you as they struggle to find the way in their own lives. You may have children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and countless others who will be influenced by the legacy you leave behind. Choose your path carefully. And let the people behind you know what you are doing.
May we be able to say with Paul: "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." (I Cor. 11:1)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 22
David Prepares to Build the Temple
1 Then David said, “This is the house of the Lord God, and this is the altar of burnt offering for Israel.” 2 So David commanded to gather the aliens who were in the land of Israel; and he appointed masons to cut hewn stones to build the house of God. 3 And David prepared iron in abundance for the nails of the doors of the gates and for the joints, and bronze in abundance beyond measure, 4 and cedar trees in abundance; for the Sidonians and those from Tyre brought much cedar wood to David. 5 Now David said, “Solomon my son is young and inexperienced, and the house to be built for the Lord must be exceedingly magnificent, famous and glorious throughout all countries. I will now make preparation for it.” So David made abundant preparations before his death. 6 Then he called for his son Solomon, and charged him to build a house for the Lord God of Israel. 7 And David said to Solomon: “My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build a house to the name of the Lord my God; 8 but the word of the Lord came to me, saying, ‘You have shed much blood and have made great wars; you shall not build a house for My name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in My sight. 9 Behold, a son shall be born to you, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies all around. His name shall be Solomon, for I will give peace and quietness to Israel in his days. 10 He shall build a house for My name, and he shall be My son, and I will be his Father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.’ 11 Now, my son, may the Lord be with you; and may you prosper, and build the house of the Lord your God, as He has said to you. 12 Only may the Lord give you wisdom and understanding, and give you charge concerning Israel, that you may keep the law of the Lord your God. 13 Then you will prosper, if you take care to fulfill the statutes and judgments with which the Lord charged Moses concerning Israel. Be strong and of good courage; do not fear nor be dismayed. 14 Indeed I have taken much trouble to prepare for the house of the Lord one hundred thousand talents of gold and one million talents of silver, and bronze and iron beyond measure, for it is so abundant. I have prepared timber and stone also, and you may add to them. 15 Moreover there are workmen with you in abundance: woodsmen and stonecutters, and all types of skillful men for every kind of work. 16 Of gold and silver and bronze and iron there is no limit. Arise and begin working, and the Lord be with you.” 17 David also commanded all the leaders of Israel to help Solomon his son, saying, 18 “Is not the Lord your God with you? And has He not given you rest on every side? For He has given the inhabitants of the land into my hand, and the land is subdued before the Lord and before His people. 19 Now set your heart and your soul to seek the Lord your God. Therefore arise and build the sanctuary of the Lord God, to bring the ark of the covenant of the Lord and the holy articles of God into the house that is to be built for the name of the Lord.”

O God of our Lord Jesus Christ, give us the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that we may know You better. Enlighten the eyes of our hearts in order that we may know the hope which You have called us, the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints, and Your incomparably great power for us because we believe. Help us to realize that that power is like the working of Your mighty strength, which You exerted in Christ when you raised Him from the dead. In Jesus' name, amen. --Sarah Maddox and Patti Webb

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply