Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not all fights are bad; in fact they are preferable to disciplined serenity.

—William Atwood

Really liked this reading. It made me think, of one of the most freeing tips that I heard in recovery was to say to my partner, child, parent, "This is how you make me feel."

There is nothing wrong with anger. It is how I express it and deal with it that is important. Often it is justified, yet it is not healthy for an alcoholic, especially when it is taken out on those around them. There is nothing wrong with sad as long as it doesn't take us into a long depression. Depression takes me to isolation which isn't only of the body, but of the spirit as well.

I still have problems being around people who are angry. I have to remember that it is their disease that is talking. Often you can't talk to them about their actions and your feelings until they are sober. One, they won't remember; two, they will probably react unfavorably and things are best left unsaid or discussed at another time; three, it is always best not to feed into the anger or any other feeling.

As the saying goes, "If there are two people in a room and there is only one emotion and one thought in a room, someone is not there. One person does not have a voice or a say, is being controlled by another, or living their life through the other person, which ever way you look at it, it is not healthy and it is not living.

Am I the controlling one or am I being controlled or am I the one who is able to speak up and be me?

Was just sharing with a friend about not taking on other people's feelings. It is important to say that prayer, especially for me, I use to take on everything, but the kitchen sink.

Prayer does work. Negativity has a way of just taking a hold of you and not wanting to let go. It is hard to see what is going on when you are in it. It is so true, some people can be really draining.

It is not just the words they don't say but the body language too.

from 2010
I know that my health issues can be a bore, but for me, I need to feel the feeling, in order to let them go. I need to acknowledge them and recognize them, instead of ignoring them and stuffing them. I am sorry if my posts are a pain. I try to share how I deal with it without use and abusing myself or others.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply