Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - March 4

Ask not what God can do for you, ask what you can do for God.

Life is not always easy, but we can trust in God’s promise to strengthen us and to help us overcome any struggle.

Change may not always be good, but our life in Christ is a journey through change. Through God’s renewing grace we reflect our new life in Christ in our thoughts and attitudes. As we mature in faith, life becomes a day-by-day transformation into the likeness of Christ. When we embrace change we allow the Holy Spirit to work in us, helping us to mature spiritually. Today welcome changes that come from drawing close to Jesus.

Christ died and rose again so that we might enjoy full access to God through the Holy Spirit and be known and loved completely. Nothing can taint or diminish divine love. When we throw our hearts into God’s embrace through prayer, God showers us with abundant love.

When we offer our struggles to God, we can see that God’s incredible power brings us solutions we never thought possible. No problem is too big for God.

Young and old and in between, we all need God.

When we look for Christ in those around us, we see them differently.

God's love can soften the hardest heart.

"Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell your storm how big your God is."

God answers prayers in three ways -- yes, no, and wait. May each one of us be able to call on and listen to the Lord today, whatever is happening in our lives.

Cell Phone vs. The Bible Author Unknown
I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?
Kind of makes you go "hmm...where is my Bible?"

But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.” 1 Samuel 12:24
An elderly widow was eager to serve Christ, but was severely limited in her activities. So she talked to her pastor who told her, “Find what you love to do and do it for Jesus.” The woman loved to play piano, and it didn’t require her to even leave the house.
So she came up with a plan. The next day, she took an ad out in the local newspaper that said, “Pianist will play hymns by phone daily for those who are sick and despondent – the service is free.” Then, she included her number below.
When people called, she would ask them, “What hymn would you like to hear?” Within a few months, her playing brought cheer to several hundred people. Many of them poured out their hearts to her, and she was able to help and encourage them.
God calls you to serve Him where your passions and abilities meet. Over time, those passions and abilities may change. But you can be sure God will always supply you with the abilities and Spirit-empowered drive to accomplish His will for you.
Don’t let your limits keep you from honoring God. Find the place where your gifts and passions meet and start serving the Lord!
Prayer Challenge: Pray and ask God to show you where your abilities and passions can be used best for His Kingdom!
Questions for Thought: What is one thing you wish you could do for God, but you’re not able? When you think about your abilities and your passions, where do you believe they best align for the purpose of serving God? by Senior Living Ministries

CONTENTMENT Author Unknown
There was a father who was known by his family to be a chronic growler. He complained about everything. He was sitting one day with his family in the presence of a guest in the living room when the subject of food came up.
One of the children, a little girl, was telling the guest what food each member of the family liked best.
Finally, it came to the father's turn to be described. "And what do I like, Nancy?" he asked.
"You," said the little girl slowly, "well, what you like most is anything we haven't got."
There are some people like that, who simply are never content. If they're served one food, they want something else. If it's hot outside, they want it to be cold. If it's cold, they want it to be hot. And they'd rather be ANYWHERE else other than where they're living right now!
To the young man Timothy, Paul wrote, "Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, we shall be content." (I Timothy 6:6-8). Since most of us seem to need far more than that to be content, we are challenged by Paul's words!
But, to Paul, they weren't just words to be spoken and discussed. They were words to be lived out. Despite the fact that Paul was writing from prison, he was able to say, "I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content." (Philippians 4:11). In the next verse, he said that he had learned to be content with a lot (which would be easy for most of us), but he was also content with little. The reason he could be content because he had Jesus Christ, and that was all he needed to bring contentment.

Forgive As He Forgave by Steve Troxel
Let's share His love and forgive as He forgave.
It seems like sooner or later everyone gets mistreated and hurt. Many times the actions against us are unintentional, but other times they can be extremely malicious. Suddenly, this hurt begins to invade every other area of our life. We carry a heavy burden which we know we don't deserve - and which we certainly don't desire to keep - but it's a burden we can't seem to let go.
There is only one true way to relieve the burden of our hurt, and it always begins with forgiveness. True forgiveness can be difficult and require great humility. We want the other person to first ask (maybe even beg) for our forgiveness. We would like them to admit the hurt they caused; and, if we are honest, we probably would prefer them to suffer...just a little.
Colossians 3:13: "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
If we have come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ, we have first come face to face with our sinful nature. Without an understanding that we are full of sin, we will never reach out for a savior. And if we have experienced the true meaning of God's love, "while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8), we will be compelled to reach out and love others. If we truly understand His forgiveness of us, can we really withhold our forgiveness of those who have caused us pain?
Jesus told a parable of a man who failed to forgive a small debt when his master had just forgiven him a much greater debt: "'Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed" (Matthew 18:33-34). Do we really understand how much we have been forgiven, or our inability to repay? Yet our debt has been completely forgiven by grace through faith in Jesus, and we are now commanded to forgive others.
God established the standard for forgiveness. We are not called to forgive because someone deserves or has earned our forgiveness, we are called to forgive simply because God first forgave us. When we forgive, we must strive to make the forgiveness complete; "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more" (Hebrews 8:12). Though we may carry a healthy level of new caution as the relationship continues, we must never place conditions on maintaining our forgiveness.
There WILL be times when we are burdened with hurt. But let's not seek revenge or try to withdraw and hide our pain. Let's follow the commands of God's Word and be set free! Let's grow closer to our Heavenly Father and see through His eyes. Let's share His love and forgive as He forgave.

The Parable of the Flute by M.R.DeHaan
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." (Hebrews 12:11)
As the story goes, a little piece of wood once bitterly complained because its owner kept whittling away at it, gouging it and making holes in it. But the one who was cutting it paid no attention to the stick's protests. He was making a flute out of that piece of ebony, and he was too wise to stop when the wood complained so bitterly.
The man said, "Little piece of wood, without these rifts and holes, and all this cutting, you'd be just a stick forever - a useless piece of ebony. What I am doing now may seem as if I am destroying you, but instead it will change you into a beautiful flute. Your sweet music will charm the souls of many and comfort sorrowing hearts. All my cutting on you is the making of you, for this is the only way you be a blessing in the world."
The meaning of this little parable is clear: That flute, whose music will blend so sweetly in the orchestra, was made a flute only by the knife and file that filled it with rifts and holes - which seemed to be its very destruction. But the purpose of the master was that it might become a melodious instrument to the praise of God.
The Lord is shaping us. Let's be patient and allow His chastening to do its work in our lives so we will able to praise Him.

Life transformation is rooted in mind transformation. Author Unknown
Where your mind goes, your actions follow. Whatever you think about will dictate your behavior, your attitude, and (ultimately) your direction in life. Your thoughts are sort of like a rudder—they steer the rest of your body.
Considering the influence of your mind on your life, it's no surprise Paul emphasizes that in order for our lives to be changed by Christ our thoughts must first be changed by Him: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2). How are we to be transformed? By renewing (changing, refocusing) our minds so that they reflect the mind of Christ.
If our minds are so important, then it's quite understandable that the devil would fight to gain a foothold in our thoughts. Paul writes, in 2 Corinthians 4:4, The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
What better place for the devil to attack people than in their minds? As thunder follows lighting, so actions follow thoughts. And if Satan can turn your thoughts against God, your actions will assuredly follow.
Therefore, it's imperative that you set your minds on things above, not on earthly things (Colossians 3:2). And when you focus your mind on God, it's only a matter of time before your actions, your passions, your attitudes—your whole life—become focused on God.

What's Your Fixed Address? by Diane Eaton
One night, I found myself awake, obsessing over a troubling situation. When I realized what was going on in my mind, I told myself, "That is not where I live!" and I turned to Psalm 84.
Psalm 84:1,4 – How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. (NIV)
My Father's presence: that's where I'd rather be. That's where I belong as a child of God. And so, when I remembered where I live, all the distressing thoughts were replaced by kingdom thoughts — which were so delightful and restful. I could sleep again.
So, where do you live? You may be thinking of your street and city. But I'm thinking of your fixed address — the place where you dwell regardless of your position on any map. It's where God dwells. Is your spiritual residence here with God? This is where He brings His precious ones when He adopts them as His own. Here is where they'd rather dwell than anywhere else:
Psalm 84:10 – Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (NIV)
Where else can we experience such lavish, day-to-day blessings as in the presence of God? Where else can we find meaning and purpose as children of a glorious, eternal promise? Here is where we feel secure, regardless of how others treat us. Here is where we experience the love and forgiveness of our heavenly Father. This is the only "address" where we can find the power to live victoriously.
Oh, how easily we forget where we live. Our minds get drawn into other places. Thankfully, we have many opportunities to strengthen the habit of returning home. Whenever we're surrounded by situations that create confusion or a flurry of activity, we need only centre ourselves at our fixed address, and we'll find the power to stay poised in the midst of it all. Whenever troubling thoughts consume our mind, we can say, "That is not where I live!" And then, we turn towards home, close the door behind us, and breathe a deep breath. Ahhh! We are alone with our Father. It's calm and quiet here. Nothing can disturb us in this place of quiet rest near to the heart of God. Our Father is right here. And regardless of circumstances, we find comfort and strength in His presence. This is home, our fixed address. This is where we'd rather be above all else.
Psalm 84:2 – My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. (NIV)
Prayer: Lord, when our attention strays from home, please draw us back to Your dwelling, that we may once again be filled with praise. Amen.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Position yourself for correction. You have done things that haven't been right, but that can still be fixed. This is a time to take advantage of every opportunity to put the things in order that are brought to your attention, says the Lord. This will ultimately give you the freedom to move forward with a clear conscience. Revelation 3:19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent."

Refuse to allow your faith to be diminished by circumstances. Fear and doubt will create unbelief and keep you from receiving what you need. Rise up in the realm of the Spirit and let your faith soar so that you can access what I have already provided, says the Lord. Romans 5:2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Beloved, rise above fear and dread by way of reminding yourself that I will bring you through your current complex dilemma and perplexity. I will give you wisdom and direction and bring people into your life who can help you through this difficulty. But, you must stand in the firm belief that I am with you and for you. Refuse to give into despair and discouragement. Establish your heart in absolute faith, says the Lord, with no doubting. James 1:5-8 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Circumstances and changes in your life have left you feeling a little unstable and unsure of where you are. However, if you will examine your current position, you will see that you are actually much better off than you think. What you had to do was inevitable and vital to spiritual advancement, says the Lord. Continue your upward climb and be thankful. Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I see you beginning to rise up. Don't stop. The temptation will be to think it's too hard or that you have too far to go. But, I tell you that when you make a move towards Me, I move towards you and meet you where you are, says the Lord. I am with you to help you overcome all obstacles. Establish your faith in Me. Luke 3:5 Every valley shall be filled And every mountain and hill brought low; the crooked places shall be made straight and the rough ways smooth.

Let there be light in your place of darkness and despair. Let the light of My Spirit illuminate and eliminate shame and regret. It is not My will that you live in sadness and lack of hope. I have made a way of escape, says the Lord. Look up and get up. Arise from fear and failure. Believe in Me and trust Me to extricate you from desperation. Isaiah 42:16 I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Your natural eyes will deceive you because things are not always as they seem. Things are not always as you see them. Things are and do exist in My spiritual realm, and those are the things that are true. I would have you see beyond the things of the world, so that you no longer look through natural eyes, but look through the eyes of faith. Begin to overcome those things that are set against you by the power of your faith. Your faith will sustain you in these days; it will keep you and be the avenue by which you receive your provision, says the Most High.

Nine requisites for contented living:
Health enough to make work a pleasure.
Wealth enough to support your needs.
Strength to battle with difficulties and overcome them.
Grace enough to confess your sins and forsake them.
Patience enough to toil until some good is accomplished.
Charity enough to see some good in your neighbor.
Love enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others.
Faith enough to make real the things of God.
Hope enough to remove all the anxious fears concerning the future.
--Johann Von Goethe

Divided by Marica Friday's Child
Looking through the fog trying to see the other side.
Wondering how I got here, in the middle of this divide.
Between comfort and pain. Between joy and sorrow.
Between insane and sanity. Between today and tomorrow.
GOD I cannot move. I'm in a trap without release.
I struggle against its grip. Lord I need peace.
Tears are in vain. And I cry out one word.
Jesus .......
Praying I will be heard.
Suddenly the fog shifts. A veil falls in its place.
I am enveloped in peace. Tears are dried from my face.
HE heard my cry for help.
HE took the uncertainty away.
HE filled me with peace.
HE is in my heart to stay.

Lord, by seeing Your face, by being reliant upon You and certain of Your love, concern, and support, I never lose hope." Genesis 48:11

You are light to your world. The city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do you turn on a lamp and put it under a box - you put it on a table, and it gives light to the whole house. Let your unique light shine before all, and they will see your good works and give glory to God because of you. Matthew 5:14-16

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. - Colossians 3:1-2

We do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are — yet he did not sin. - Hebrews 4:15

The psalmist wrote, “Lord, you have been our help, generation after generation.” - Psalm 90:1

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10

It is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. - Philippians 2:13

Be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God. - Romans 12:2

In A Changing World By Jennie Puleo
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness (Lamentations 3:22-23).
After my grandfather passed away, I remember sitting with my family, listening as they recounted the stories of his life. I learned a lot about the wars he served his country in. I was reminded of how technology developed during his lifetime. When he was a child he listened to radio, but when he passed, iPods were the thing. Most families didn’t even own a television when he was a child, but most homes have flat screen TVs and DVDs today. Some have them in multiple rooms! My grandfather was educated in a one-room schoolhouse, and now children are carrying cell phones and lap tops to school in droves.
Think about it—in just 70-80 years, our world has changed immensely! And there aren’t any signs that it’s slowing down.
I recently had a conversation with my ten-year-old daughter, in which I was trying to explain what a cassette player and a rotary phone were. She laughed at the concept of talking on a phone with a cord attached to it, and how dragging a cord around the house didn’t seem very practical.
Reflecting back, even in my short life, I couldn’t think of one constant thing that hadn’t changed in some way.
But, wait a minute! God—God is unchanging. He is who He says He is. He is faithful. God is unchanging.
While the world continues to spin, things develop, and people come and go, God has remained the same. Yesterday. Today. And forever.
Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures (Psalms 119:90).
For my grandparents, God showed up in miraculous ways when they needed Him the most. Countless stories were shared when God was their source of strength through many difficult circumstances and trials. As my grandparents looked to Him in the midst of their storms, they found Him ever-present.
The same God that my grandparents found faithful and true has done the same for me; over and over again.
I have experienced His steady presence and provision with my daughter too. She is learning that even when things around us are shaking; our security and strength can always be found in our Heavenly Father.
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments (Deuteronomy 7:9).
If you are struggling to keep your footing or you are grasping for some sort of security, I encourage you to turn to the One who never changes and is always present. He longs to leave a legacy in your life that will span the generations. Look to the One whose love never runs out and who provides you with daily doses of grace to carry you through every situation.

Give Thanks to Him
Give thanks to Him, bless His name. For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 4
1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
3 But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him.
4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord.
6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.
7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.
8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

Prayer of St. Benedict
Gracious and holy God, please give me: Intellect to understand you; reason to discern you; diligence to seek you; wisdom to find you; a spirit to know you; a heart to meditate upon you; ears to hear you; eyes to see you; a tongue to proclaim you; a way of life pleasing to you; patience to wait for you; and perseverance to look for you. Grant me: a perfect end, your holy presence. A blessed resurrection, and life everlasting.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply