Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 12/19

Jesus is mine. The more I acknowledge His companionship with me, the more fellowship I have with Him every day.

He is my friend. Therefore, despite the turmoil and turbulence in the world, I remember that Christmas, celebrating the birth of Christ, is meant to be the sweetest, brightest, and most joyous season because God showered love on earth. I pause and pray, welcoming Christ once again. --Zaina Renner

God’s love that became flesh in Jesus continues to become flesh whenever any of us help those in need with our prayers, presence, gifts, and service.

God is our ever-present help in every situation.

Every aspect of our lives and every stage of life, we are forever moving through seasons in some way. The good news is that with God’s strength we can learn not only to accept the challenges but to humbly appreciate our peaceful times. Such gratitude will then help us to endure our difficult times. --Sharon Owens-Davis

If we hold fast to God’s hand, knowing that our heavenly Father loves us, we have no reason to fear.

When fear and worry rob us of the sleep our body requires, we can “call out to the Lord” and he will give us the rest we need. More precious than any present purchased at the store is God’s promise that we can feel safe and secure in loving arms. God’s faithfulness is a treasured gift. --Sarah M. DuBose

Each of us has a place in God’s grand symphony — his will being done on earth as it is in heaven. We each have a part to play in God’s kingdom. Some parts are more prominent than others, but all are essential. --Peter N. Lundell

AM I REALLY HEARING GOD'S VOICE?
Then Joseph said to Pharaoh, "The dreams of Pharaoh are one; God has revealed to Pharaoh what he is about to do. Genesis 41:25
God gave Pharaoh two dreams that meant the same thing. Why did He do that? I suspect so that Pharaoh wouldn't miss the message.
Has God been trying to speak to you about something? You're stuck in inertia because you fear you're reading into things. Perhaps it was a dream and it was so allegorical that you lack the confidence to act upon it. Perrhaps it was a word in prayer but you wonder now it if was just your own inner voice. Maybe it was a set of 'coincidences' that seemed too incredible not to be divine. All of these scenarios lead us to ask, "Did I really hear God's voice?" Until we know for sure, we dare not embrace the message as truth and we certainly dare not endeavor on something risky.
What I've come to realize is that God is for me, not against me. He wants me to get it even more than I do. If I suspect He is speaking to me (and in a way that is outside my box), I ask Him for confirmation. I confess again that I am small and blind, unable to perceive spiritual things well. I ask Him to have mercy on my spiritual condition. I ask Him to treat me as He treated Moses. He made it His will so plain ~ When the cloud moves, move. When the cloud stops, stop.
I must say that I experience a Father who confirms and confirms. More than just twice; sometimes three and four times. And each in a different way. Just as God gave Pharaoh two dreams, each dream different but bearing the same message, how much more will God lead a child whose heart is bent to covet His voice and respond with obedience!
I pray for each one this morning who is discounting what You've spoken to them. They are afraid. Repeat Your message, Lord, and confirm it in a way that is unmistakable to their tentative faith. Amen. --Daughters of Promise

KEEPING US IN VIEW by Greg Laurie
The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. - (Proverbs 15:3)
A little boy was always getting into trouble in his Sunday School class. Finally, in exasperation, his teacher said to him, “I want you to know that God is watching you all the time. Even when I can’t keep my eyes on you, God has His eyes on you. He’s watching you. So you’d better straighten up.”
The boy was terrified by the thought of God watching him all the time, like some great eye in the sky. After Sunday School, he told his parents, “The teacher said that God is watching me all the time.” They could see that the thought terrified their son rather than bringing comfort to his heart. So his parents put it into proper context for him.
They said, “Yes, it’s true that God is always watching you. But there’s a reason for that. The truth is, He loves you so much that He just can’t take His eyes off you.”
Many times when we think of God watching us, what comes to mind are the seemingly omnipresent surveillance cameras we have in public places today. I knew someone who worked in a department store, and he showed me how these work. They are hidden in places where we tend to never look, and they can pretty much watch everyone. Most people don’t even realize that in many public places, cameras are basically tracking them wherever they go.
So when we consider the fact that God is watching us, we might think, That’s terrifying. But it all depends. If we are rebelling against the Lord, then the thought of His constant surveillance could be more than a little frightening. But if our hearts are right with Him, then . . . what an incredible comfort! He never loses track of us, never misplaces our file, never takes His loving attention from us for even one moment. God is watching us, but He loves us so much that He can’t take His eyes off us. We may lose sight of God, but He never loses sight of us.

A God Moment by Ellen Channon
Job 28:20-21 – Whence then comes wisdom? And where is the place of understanding? It is hid from the eyes of all living, and concealed from the birds of the air. (RSV)
A few Sundays ago, our minister asked us to think about (and share if we so chose) a God moment that we'd had at some point in our lives. I wasn't sure at first what she meant, but fortunately she went on to explain that for this purpose, a God moment was a point in time or a situation when we were totally struck by or overcome with the all-encompassing presence of God in our lives.
Now, I have to admit that I have had many such moments. But the one that jumps at me was an incident from my early days in social services. It was a stormy January night, and a number of young people had crashed at my home after some strenuous shovelling and car pushing to help motorists head for home. The buses had stopped running, so they decided to stay put until morning.
Most had drifted off and fallen asleep under quilts wherever they found a spot. One young man, however, who had survived a horrendous situation in his life a few years back, began asking me about my faith, my reasons for working in social services, and other related questions. He had obviously had a Christian upbringing and education, but he admitted that the recent past events had taken away his belief. How could a God Who made us and loved us allow terrible things to happen? I told him that people's actions that harmed others were not part of God's plan. God has given us free choice, and unfortunately, sometimes, the choices and actions of one person or a group of people harm others. I went on to say that evil is a very real presence in our earthly lives, and that we cannot begin to understand why God doesn't stop bad things from happening, other than that sometimes, good does come out of evil.
Isaiah 55:8-9 – For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (RSV)
We were both very emotional, and I confess that I was choked up with unshed tears. It was obvious to me that he wanted desperately to believe but didn't know how to release his hurt, anger, and loss to find peace. I asked if he would pray with me, as I sought help from God to tell me what to say. As we prayed, I felt a loving, warm, and secure feeling arising in me, and I acknowledged to God that I didn't have the answers or words to give to my young friend, only that we both were asking that he find peace, healing, and a restoration of his faith.
Afterwards, he was calmer; he didn't say anything about what had happened; and after that night, I didn't hear from him again. I did hear through other sources that he had returned to his home state. But as for me, the whole experience was a wonderful affirmation of my faith and beliefs.
I hope and pray that he was able to find himself back in the arms of the Almighty, and able to find forgiveness for all who shared his misfortunes. As with many who have experienced great trauma and loss, the need to forgive and to be forgiven is perhaps the hardest hurdle to cross in the process of healing.
Prayer: Lord God, forgive us for our human frailties and hardness of heart. Help us to know forgiveness and to forgive, that in so doing, we may know Your peace and find healing. Thank You for always being with us. May we know and accept the peace and joy of Your forgiveness and salvation. Through Christ Jesus, we pray. Amen.

KNOW HIM BETTER
When a child is born into a family, there is almost an instant bond of love. The parent and child spend LOTS of time together and truly begin to know each other. The parent knows the needs of the child, and the child knows the parent as the provider of comfort and security.
But as the child grows, other activities and friends can begin to limit time together. In the search for independence, there can often be rebellion toward parental instruction and counsel. In many families all around the world, the parent and child drift apart and no longer communicate as they once had - they sadly cease to know one another.
Ephesians 1:16-17 "I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better."
Notice this is Paul's continuous prayer, that we be given revelation and wisdom. Revelation is the unveiling of God's truth, and wisdom is the application of His truth in our lives. Both of these are necessary and serve the single purpose of knowing Him better.
As we continue in our relationship with Jesus Christ, there is a tendency to hit those spiritual teenage years where we have things pretty well figured out - or so we think. We begin to gain "self" confidence and trust in our own ability. We get more involved in activities (maybe even "good" activities) and with friends (maybe even "good" friends), but one day we wake and find we have drifted. We did not intentionally walk away, but there is a definite loss of passion; the relationship is strained; we no longer really know God.
As a loving father longs to hold his children, our Heavenly Father longs for us to draw near and know Him; "Let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows Me" (Jeremiah 9:24). The Bible always speaks about knowing someone as a very personal and loving relationship; "Adam knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain" (Genesis 4:1 KJV). Jesus even defined eternal life as a state of knowing; "Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" (John 17:3). Knowing God certainly means more than knowing things about God; knowing involves a passionate identification with Jesus as the one who was sent. Through Christ we are allowed to truly know God!
The road back to a restored relationship begins with spending time together. No matter how busy we get we must continue to humbly come into the presence of God, confess the sin which causes separation, fellowship with Him in prayer and the quiet study of His Word, and listen intently for His direction. Let's commit (or recommit) to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength; and let's be determined to take the necessary steps to draw near and know Him better.
Have a Christ Centered Day! --Steve Troxel

SHATTERED MATTERS by Gwen Smith
Today’s Truth: But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. (2 Corinthians 4:7-9)
Friend to Friend: I’ve been through hard times. I’ve asked the question why on many occasions. I’ve begrudgingly said goodbye to family and friends in order to say hello to strangers and scary new places. I know the matter of being shattered.
There was a season when Brad and I lived in four different homes, in four different states, within four years. It was a very difficult time of my life. From Ohio to Pennsylvania to New York to North Carolina, we made our way across the East Coast with three little ducklings in tow. Back then, the uncertainty of what tomorrow held in store caused me a great deal of stress. A certain muscle in my back is twitching just thinking about it.
The chaos began back in 2000…
The spring and summer were crazy busy. We lived in a snuggly little town just outside Akron, Ohio, where Brad and I had settled after we got married in 1993. God had just nudged me into public music ministry. He asked me to join Him on a new faith adventure, and I said, “Yes!”
So, after much praying and planning, I sifted through a list of songs I had written, connected with a producer, flew to Nashville, and recorded my first CD. Did I mention that I also had two very active little boys who were under the age of three, and that I was pregnant with our third child? (Go ahead, laugh at me. The timing didn’t make sense to me either.)
I was a stay-at-home mom. The concerts that were scheduled to follow the CD release were all within hours of our home, so we traveled as a family. God had swung open the doors of ministry opportunity and I was delighted to step through them.
At the same time, Brad was doing really well with his company. His boss had nothing but good things to say about him, and was excited to help him get promoted. It was also a time of rapid and rich spiritual growth for Brad. He became the leader of our adult Sunday school class at church and led admirably. I was so proud of him.
We loved our church, were plugged into ministries, and got along famously with our neighbors. We were comfortable and content. Very settled. Life was good.
Now, I don’t know about you, but it seems to me that God doesn’t necessarily always want us to be comfortable and content. (I say that tongue in cheek, of course.) Our comfort turned to chaos quickly when, just weeks before Kennedy was born, Brad accepted a job promotion that would uproot us from Akron, and transplant us in Philadelphia.
Saying goodbye to our friends, our neighbors, and our church family was torture. Brad and I had blossomed into young adults in Ohio. We exchanged our sacred marriage vows there. Gave birth to our babies there. We grew in faith as a family there.
With each farewell, the weight of sadness grew heavier. When moving day arrived and all the boxes had been loaded, we hugged our neighbors one last time then drove away. As our home faded from sight in the rearview mirror, I realized that a part of my heart would always live in Ohio.
Once we got to our new house, I didn’t know which way was up. I cried buckets of tears out of frustration, exhaustion, and sadness. Tension and stress became my new closest friends. The moment I said yes to God, so much of what had been comfortable and familiar was stripped away from my life. I don’t think for one second that the timing was coincidental. God allowed what was comfortable to be removed. He then led me to a place where I would have to trust Him and lean on Him in ways I never had before.
Broken became my middle name.
I hung up my “microphoned-ministry call” when we moved to our new home. The only thing I could do was hunker down, spread out my motherly wings, and care for the babes in my nest. I changed diapers, chased toddlers, and cherished naptimes for almost a year. Friendships blossomed between me and other young moms, and the ladies’ Bible study at church became a vital link to both God and other women. As I studied Scripture, the Lord began to birth new songs in my heart, and although I wasn’t serving in music ministry right then, I processed my faith and life by writing songs.
Fourteen months after our move, when the chaos had finally turned to calm, Brad hesitantly announced that it was time to move again. His boss wanted him to take over a territory in Syracuse, New York. I thought perhaps we were the punch line in someone else’s joke. I’m not a huge fan of snow. Brad and I always said we wanted to live in a sunny, warm place. Now we were heading further north. Yuck. We prayed fervently about the move and felt
God leading us in that direction, but I wondered if God’s compass was broken. As we packed boxes once again, questions danced around in my mind.
Had I heard Him wrong?
Why in the world would God call me to a task and then herd me across the country like a nomad’s cow?
Starting over in New York had a strangely familiar feel. The first few months were busy and lonely. I spent a lot of time meeting neighbors, figuring out the aisles at the new grocery stores, and finding out the best routes to take to Wal-Mart, to the post office, and to the pediatrician’s office. Finding a new church was a whole other challenge. But, in time, the matters of being shattered about the move eventually lessened as we assimilated into the community and plugged into a wonderful church family.
The Syracuse summers were lush, but the winters were long. Though snow fell often, to the tune of 150 inches a year, God’s grace fell even more. He blessed me with deep friendships, intense Bible studies, and godly leadership from the pastors at our church.
Brad and I immersed ourselves into the community, even though we anticipated that our time in New York would be brief. And we began to settle in.
Then, seventeen short months after we unpacked in Syracuse, a phone call from a friend in Charlotte, North Carolina, resulted in our packing for another move. Brad accepted a new, can’t-pass-it-up business opportunity, and we moved to sunny North Carolina.
What an exhausting journey. With each move I experienced both bitter and sweet moments, but the aftertaste of the bitter moments seemed to linger a little longer than the sweet ones.
It was a difficult four years.
I’ve heard it said, “If the mountain was smooth, you couldn’t climb it.” There’s a lot of truth to that. Through the mountain of pain I scaled in each move, God brought me closer to Him and taught me important lessons that I surely wouldn’t have learned otherwise. Lessons about trusting God with my friendships, with goodbyes, with loneliness, with my family, with anger, stress, and faith. Through it all, I’ve come to know this for sure: in all things—even the hard things—God is sovereign and can be trusted.
He can be trusted with your family and with your finances. He can be trusted with your health and with your wealth. He can be trusted in times of victory and in times of misery. He can be trusted in your sunny celebrations and in your shattered matters.
I know from personal experience that in the painful, tear-filled days, God is still good and can still be trusted. I know He is faithful. I’ve witnessed His strength in my weakness. I’ve felt His comfort in times of loss. And though we aren’t always kept from experiencing shattered matters, we never have to endure them alone.
He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. (Psalm 18:16)
Let’s Pray: Dear Lord, Thank you for always being by my side. Thank you for giving me your strength and grace when I am simply weak and broken. Please help me look to you in every shattered matter. In Jesus’ name, Amen
Now It’s Your Turn: Read Psalm 34, then write out your favorite verses and commit them to memory.

THE KEY Author Unknown
Zig Ziglar tells the story about an elderly man playing an organ in a cathedral in Europe. He was playing sad and melancholy music. It was sad because this was his last day as organist of the cathedral. He was being replaced by a younger musician.
At dusk, somebody stepped into the cathedral. Seeing the younger man, the organist stopped playing, locked the organ and slipped the key into his pocket. He was approached by the young man, who simply said, "Please, the key."
On receiving the key, the young organist went to the organ and began to play. While the old man had played beautifully and skillfully, the young man played with sheer genius. Music such as the world had never heard came rolling out of that beautiful old organ.
This was the world's introduction to the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. The old man, with tears in his eyes, said, "Suppose - just suppose - I had not given the master the key!"
Have you given the Master the key - the key to your heart and to your life? Have you given Him complete control? Does he hold the key?
"No man can serve can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon." Matthew 6:24

The Best Gifts This Season Author Unknown
Have you done your Christmas shopping yet? Here are some great gift ideas!
To a Friend - Loyalty
To an Enemy - Forgiveness
To your Boss - Service
To your Child - A good example
To your Father - Honor
To your Mother - Gratitude and Devotion
To your Spouse - Love and Faithfulness
To Yourself - Respect
To All Men - Charity
To God - Your Life!!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Although things have not worked out exactly as you had envisioned or hoped, there are valuable lessons in the process. There are adjustments to be made in your actions and expectations that will be necessary to re-establish yourself in divine order, says the Lord. Be flexible and wait for My wisdom before you forge ahead. Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead.

When you are facing difficulties and disappointments, remember who you are--where you came from and who you belong to, says the Lord. I have chosen you and called you by your name, and you belong to Me. I am the King of Glory. You are being transformed into My image. Do not live beneath your station, but live by grace in My kingdom. Isaiah 51:1 "Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness, you who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the hole of the pit from which you were dug."

This is a time of renewal when you need to consider renewing commitments of all kinds. Don't overlook the necessity of giving attention to this process that will improve, repair, and assure success. Your deliberate consideration will result in a greater sense of order, says the Lord, and will also renew your spiritual strength. Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Cream always rises to the top. If you will allow Me, I will lead you into areas of expression that will reveal your innermost being and allow your strengths and giftings to rise up and pour out. But, you must refrain from fantasy in order to allow your true nature to shine. Stay honest with yourself and refuse the temptation to exaggerate or embellish who you are, says the Lord. Humility will look good on you. Psalms 34:2 My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it and be glad.

I hear many of you, My people, asking, "When will you come, Lord?" I understand your dismay at world conditions and the spiritual darkness that covers the earth, but the end is not yet. What you must know is that I am with you in the realm of the Spirit and that I will not leave you. I will guide you and give wisdom and the ability to gain the victory over the powers of darkness. It is a great asset to be in My kingdom and to have access through faith to all that I have made available to you, says the Lord. Be encouraged. Romans 5:1-4 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I am speaking to you directly and very personally. I know your situations and I know what is taking place in your circumstances. I know what the enemy is doing to you and what the enemy has planned for you, but I have plans for you as well. If you will depend on My plans and come to know My ways and walk this path that I am establishing before you, then you will receive everything that I have in store for you. On this journey worry is defeated and unbelief is destroyed as you rise to a higher position of faith, knowledge and understanding of Me, says the Lord.

Through me let there be
a warm smile and a caring heart.
Through me let there be
a willingness to listen
and a readiness to understand.
Through me let there be
dependability, steadfastness
trust and loyalty.
Through me let there be
compassion forgiveness,
mercy and love.
Through me let there be
every quality I find
Oh Lord, in thee.
--Roy Lessin

Somebody's Watching You by Virjinja
While you're hard at work doing your thing,
somebody's watching you...
envisioning your greatest success,
applauding all you do.
When your health meets with a challenge,
praying for your recovery,
that your strength will be renewed.
If confusion clouds your brilliant mind,
that clarity and understanding rein,
to rightly lead you through.
'Though disappointment overtakes your heart,
embracing with compassionate care,
restoring Love anew.
If someone or something robs your joy,
it'll be a matter of time 'til you once again smile,
by intention pure and true.
I'm watching you with the eye of my heart,
through all you say and do...
along with me, there's Someone Else ~
God is always watching you.

God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent his only Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9

Whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all. Galatians 6:10

We know that all things work together for good for those who love God. Romans 8:28

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

The psalmist wrote, “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8

The Lord does not see as mortals see; they look on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

Abide thou with me, fear not: for he that seeketh my life seeketh thy life: but with me thou shalt be in safeguard. 1 Samuel 22:23

In Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. Romans 12:5-6

He's Interested by Sally I. Kennedy
So nobody seemed to care if you changed jobs or not. And nobody said much to affirm your new project venture. As you poured out your feelings in what you thought was a safe place, you found she/he wasn't all that interested.
He is interested.
Maybe there weren't many calls or notes from people who commented on your promotion, or sympathized in the loss of a family member, showed concern for a recent illness, or even remembered your birthday. Perhaps they are too busy or maybe they don't care enough to make it a priority. And when you were sharing from a gut level about the childhood hurt that God's healing, and there was no feedback or affirmation.
But He's interested.
Got is interested in everything going on with you. Everything you think, everything you say, everywhere you go, everything you do, everything and everyone you are involved with. Jesus is the friend who 'sticks closer than a brother'.
If you would like a relationship with somebody who cares - and is interested in you all the time- there you have it, anytime you want. How awesome is that?!
Have you ever heard the saying if you feel far from God, guess who moved? He is faithful. You can count on him to be interested in every single solitary thing going on with you and in your life. Always.
That's good news.
The Lord himself watches over you! Psalm 121:5

Dear God, may we never grow weary in showing your love to others through our words and deeds. As Jesus taught us, we pray, “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one” (Matt. 6:9-13, NIV). Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Nehemiah 7
1 Now it came to pass, when the wall was built, and I had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed, 2 That I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many. 3 And I said unto them, Let not the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun be hot; and while they stand by, let them shut the doors, and bar them: and appoint watches of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, every one in his watch, and every one to be over against his house. 4 Now the city was large and great: but the people were few therein, and the houses were not builded. 5 And my God put into mine heart to gather together the nobles, and the rulers, and the people, that they might be reckoned by genealogy. And I found a register of the genealogy of them which came up at the first, and found written therein, 6 These are the children of the province, that went up out of the captivity, of those that had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away, and came again to Jerusalem and to Judah, every one unto his city; 7 Who came with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah, Azariah, Raamiah, Nahamani, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispereth, Bigvai, Nehum, Baanah. The number, I say, of the men of the people of Israel was this; 8 The children of Parosh, two thousand an hundred seventy and two. 9 The children of Shephatiah, three hundred seventy and two. 10 The children of Arah, six hundred fifty and two. 11 The children of Pahathmoab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand and eight hundred and eighteen. 12 The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four. 13 The children of Zattu, eight hundred forty and five. 14 The children of Zaccai, seven hundred and threescore. 15 The children of Binnui, six hundred forty and eight. 16 The children of Bebai, six hundred twenty and eight. 17 The children of Azgad, two thousand three hundred twenty and two. 18 The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven. 19 The children of Bigvai, two thousand threescore and seven. 20 The children of Adin, six hundred fifty and five. 21 The children of Ater of Hezekiah, ninety and eight. 22 The children of Hashum, three hundred twenty and eight. 23 The children of Bezai, three hundred twenty and four. 24 The children of Hariph, an hundred and twelve. 25 The children of Gibeon, ninety and five. 26 The men of Bethlehem and Netophah, an hundred fourscore and eight. 27 The men of Anathoth, an hundred twenty and eight. 28 The men of Bethazmaveth, forty and two. 29 The men of Kirjathjearim, Chephirah, and Beeroth, seven hundred forty and three. 30 The men of Ramah and Gaba, six hundred twenty and one. 31 The men of Michmas, an hundred and twenty and two. 32 The men of Bethel and Ai, an hundred twenty and three. 33 The men of the other Nebo, fifty and two. 34 The children of the other Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four. 35 The children of Harim, three hundred and twenty. 36 The children of Jericho, three hundred forty and five. 37 The children of Lod, Hadid, and Ono, seven hundred twenty and one. 38 The children of Senaah, three thousand nine hundred and thirty. 39 The priests: the children of Jedaiah, of the house of Jeshua, nine hundred seventy and three. 40 The children of Immer, a thousand fifty and two. 41 The children of Pashur, a thousand two hundred forty and seven. 42 The children of Harim, a thousand and seventeen. 43 The Levites: the children of Jeshua, of Kadmiel, and of the children of Hodevah, seventy and four. 44 The singers: the children of Asaph, an hundred forty and eight. 45 The porters: the children of Shallum, the children of Ater, the children of Talmon, the children of Akkub, the children of Hatita, the children of Shobai, an hundred thirty and eight. 46 The Nethinims: the children of Ziha, the children of Hashupha, the children of Tabbaoth, 47 The children of Keros, the children of Sia, the children of Padon, 48 The children of Lebana, the children of Hagaba, the children of Shalmai, 49 The children of Hanan, the children of Giddel, the children of Gahar, 50 The children of Reaiah, the children of Rezin, the children of Nekoda, 51 The children of Gazzam, the children of Uzza, the children of Phaseah, 52 The children of Besai, the children of Meunim, the children of Nephishesim, 53 The children of Bakbuk, the children of Hakupha, the children of Harhur, 54 The children of Bazlith, the children of Mehida, the children of Harsha, 55 The children of Barkos, the children of Sisera, the children of Tamah, 56 The children of Neziah, the children of Hatipha. 57 The children of Solomon's servants: the children of Sotai, the children of Sophereth, the children of Perida, 58 The children of Jaala, the children of Darkon, the children of Giddel, 59 The children of Shephatiah, the children of Hattil, the children of Pochereth of Zebaim, the children of Amon. 60 All the Nethinims, and the children of Solomon's servants, were three hundred ninety and two. 61 And these were they which went up also from Telmelah, Telharesha, Cherub, Addon, and Immer: but they could not shew their father's house, nor their seed, whether they were of Israel. 62 The children of Delaiah, the children of Tobiah, the children of Nekoda, six hundred forty and two. 63 And of the priests: the children of Habaiah, the children of Koz, the children of Barzillai, which took one of the daughters of Barzillai the Gileadite to wife, and was called after their name. 64 These sought their register among those that were reckoned by genealogy, but it was not found: therefore were they, as polluted, put from the priesthood. 65 And the Tirshatha said unto them, that they should not eat of the most holy things, till there stood up a priest with Urim and Thummim. 66 The whole congregation together was forty and two thousand three hundred and threescore, 67 Beside their manservants and their maidservants, of whom there were seven thousand three hundred thirty and seven: and they had two hundred forty and five singing men and singing women. 68 Their horses, seven hundred thirty and six: their mules, two hundred forty and five:
69 Their camels, four hundred thirty and five: six thousand seven hundred and twenty asses. 70 And some of the chief of the fathers gave unto the work. The Tirshatha gave to the treasure a thousand drams of gold, fifty basons, five hundred and thirty priests' garments. 71 And some of the chief of the fathers gave to the treasure of the work twenty thousand drams of gold, and two thousand and two hundred pound of silver. 72 And that which the rest of the people gave was twenty thousand drams of gold, and two thousand pound of silver, and threescore and seven priests' garments. 73 So the priests, and the Levites, and the porters, and the singers, and some of the people, and the Nethinims, and all Israel, dwelt in their cities; and when the seventh month came, the children of Israel were in their cities.

12 Prayers for Christmas Author Unknown
Christmas is a glorious time of year! God brings us face to face once again with His design for and redemption of mankind. His intentions toward us are for life live abundantly. His plans for the kingdom are victorious!
But for many people, the holidays can be filled with unrealistic expectations. Old hurts are sometimes revisited and new ones inflicted. Hope can go deferred and result in heartsickness (Proverbs 13:12). In the midst of the tinsel and lights and shopping, let’s remember what the season is really about! Let’s pray for a spirit of all things Christmas for ourselves and our loved ones.
1. Love – Lord, help us follow the way of love – let the love of Christ compel us (1 Corinthians 14:1; 2 Corinthians 5:14).
2. Joy – Restore the joy of Your salvation to us; let us experience the joy of Your presence (Psalm 51:12; 16:11).
3. Peace – Let Your peace rule and guard our hearts; give us more of You – You are our peace (Colossians 3:15; Philippians 4:7; Ephesians 2:14).
4. Hope – Enlighten the eyes of our heart so that we may know the hope You called us to (Ephesians 1:18).
5. Favor – Let Your favor rest on us (Luke 2:52).
6. Life – Shine Your light of life on us; help us to walk in it (Job 33:30; Psalm 56:13).
7. Salvation – Help us to fear You so we can unlock the treasure of Your salvation (Isaiah 33:6).
8. Selflessness – Keep us from self-seeking attitudes that reject truth (Romans 2:8).
9. Generosity – Make us rich in ways that result in generosity on our part so You will be praised (2 Corinthians 9:11).
10. Receiving – Help us receive Your kingdom, Your Spirit, and Your grace (Daniel 7:18; John 20:22; Romans 5:17).
11. Seeking – Encourage us to seek Your face with all our hearts (Deuteronomy 4:29; Psalm 27:8).
12. Praise – We ascribe glory to Your name, Lord; we come before You in worship for You are holy (1 Chronicles 16:28-29).

Remember Jesus is the reason for the season!

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply